Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst ... 234

Thread: NFL Mock Draft: PewterReport.com

Legend

User Info Menu

Re: NFL Mock Draft: PewterReport.com

Quote Originally Posted by hawaiiansteel
    Quote Originally Posted by Shawn
    No one man can...actually 2 men can't move him. They can merely contain him.

that is exactly what the NT in our 3-4 scheme is supposed to do, hold his ground against double-teams and occupy the blockers while the LBers make the play...sounds like a good fit to me.

and so what if he only plays two downs, bring in Hoke or Ziggy to rush on 3rd down or obvious passing situations.
    That's what we do now...so I don't see the issue.
    Trolls are people too.

Legend

User Info Menu

Re: NFL Mock Draft: PewterReport.com

I'm probably in the minority on this issue, but I would not place the franchise tag on Hampton if we were unable to reach a long-term deal with him. We would save $7.7 million dollars less what you would have to pay the newly drafted NT, the savings could be used to help re-sign Woodley, Santonio and Mendenhall to new contracts.

I don't want to pay that kind of money to a guy who says "there will be a problem" if he's franchised...he then holds out, doesn't report in shape again and becomes a distraction to a team trying to return to the Super Bowl.

I was sad to see Faneca leave, I'll be saddened at Casey's departure also but it's the Steelers philosophy not to give big-money contracts to players in the twilight of their careers and that's what Hampton wants. I don't think he'll get his wish from the Steelers and it's probably best for everyone to move on.
    Steel Maniac's Time-Based Prediction: Lamar Jackson will be a bust and total flop in the NFL.

What Actually Happened: Lamar Jackson became the youngest two-time NFL MVP winner ever.

Gloat gloat gloat

Boom........

Hahahahahahaha