Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

Thread: Pro Football Weekly 1st Round Mock Draft

Legend

User Info Menu

Re: Pro Football Weekly 1st Round Mock Draft

Quote Originally Posted by Oviedo

That #10 pick may belong to Jacksonville instead (there will be coin flip between them and Denver to see who gets that pick and who gets #11). Jacksonville has no 2nd round pick (they traded it to New England during the draft last year). Jacksonville wants Tim Tebow badly to sell tickets, but everyone who watched the Senior Bowl knows that he is not worth a pick in the early first round. However, they may worry about him being off the board before they pick next in round 3. They may be willing to trade down and pick up a 2nd rounder again so that they can get their boy Tebow on board.
    They will likely be able to get Tebow in Round 3 unless he blows everyone's doors off at the Combine. He looked no better than a 4th or 5th Round pick at the Senior Bowl. He is several years and lots of development away from being an adequete NFL QB.

Even if the Jags did get Tebow that wouldn't sell that many tickets. No one here really pays attention to the jags in Fla even when they are winning.[/quote]

Tebow-to-Jags talk isn't sitting well with at least one actual Jag
    By Holly Anderson

Remember those rumors, way back in the fall, about the Jacksonville Jaguars setting their sights on hometown hero Tim Tebow before he'd even played his senior season? That owner Wayne Weaver was said to be considering plucking the Tebow Child early in the draft as a sales-boosting gambit? Lately, the scorn of the scouts and his obvious struggles in the Senior Bowl haven't tempered local enthusiasm for Tebow as the draft draws nigh, but at least one member of the franchise isn't afraid to express his, let's say ... misgivings about adding Tebow to the roster, according to the Florida Times-Union:

[Offensive lineman Uche] Nwaneri posted on the Jaguars’ Web site that, while cashing a check, a bank teller started talking about how Tebow will save the Jaguars.
    So Nwaneri posted his five points on Tebow, with capital letters:

"1. He can't throw, PERIOD.
    2. He can't read any coverage other than probably cover 2 or man.
    3. The QB Wildcat WILL NOT WORK IN THIS LEAGUE. PERIOD.
    4. He doesn’t know how to take a snap from center.
    5. HE CAN’T THROW, and that’s really something you either have or not."

I guess that settles it, then. Obviously, there's nothing the kid can do to help the team. Oh, and one more thing:

Nwaneri then urged fans to buy tickets because he doesn’t want to come out "for pregame warmups to a COMPLETELY EMPTY STADIUM ANYMORE."

Let's talk business, Uche: Whether or not the Tebow Child can make a successful transition to the pro game on the field, putting warm bodies in seats is obviously among the greatest of his many other talents. Give the people what they want. And even if Nwaneri and the legions of critics are right that Tebow is bound for NFL flopdom, I guarantee thousands of Georgia fans would be willing to make the drive down to the site of so many Cocktail Party aggravations for the sole purpose of watching their former tormenter operate behind a line that might not feel much like blocking for him.
    - - -
    Steel Maniac's Time-Based Prediction: Lamar Jackson will be a bust and total flop in the NFL.

What Actually Happened: Lamar Jackson became the youngest two-time NFL MVP winner ever.

Gloat gloat gloat

Boom........

My IT guy...
    Hahahahahahaha

Legend

User Info Menu

If the draft played out that way, and the Steelers DIDN'T take Haden at #18, I would personally drive to Pittsburgh and slap Kevin Colbert in the face.

Legend

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by BradshawsHairdresser
    If the draft played out that way, and the Steelers DIDN'T take Haden at #18, I would personally drive to Pittsburgh and slap Kevin Colbert in the face.
    How many of you guys have actually watched Haden? he isn't all that great. he is not a player who is capable of starting as a rookie.

He is simply the best at a position that is very thin this year. Don't believe the predraft hype. he will be better than Gay, but I'm not sure he is as good as Ike or ever will be.
    "My team, may they always be right, but right or wrong...MY TEAM!"

Hall of Famer

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by Lebsteel
    Quote Originally Posted by JUST-PLAIN-NASTY
    Not a good mock. There are players I can't believe we would pass on. Bryan Bulaga the first OL taken & in the Top 5? Pouncey that high in the 1st? Dan Williams won't slip until the end of Round 1. Having Mike Iupati going that high after the Senior Bowl tells me he didn't watch the game and see him play. And Sean Lee in the 1st? And I'm a PSU HOMER!!!
    As a fellow PSU homer, I've got Sean Lee in my mock in Rd. 3. He might go sooner, but I think that round is where we need to look for an ILB. If he is not there, there are several other good choices that may be.
    If the Steelers like him...I say they have a pretty good shot at him in the 3rd. If he puts up a low 4.6 and has great triangle times...That could push him into the low 2nd, in my opinion. I think he runs in the 4.7's, has average triangle times, & a low 20 bench. He has allot of intangibles that could make him a nice project for a team that has 2-3 years so he could get stronger. Honestly, after watching him play, I think he is a 4th round pick at best.

I don't think the Steelers even have 2 years. Farriors fall off late in the season usually marks the beginning of the end. I think this will be his last year and if the Steelers hit it right....The 2nd half of the season, he might be in the reserve role. When I see Farrior multiple times in a game over 5 yards down field still trying to get off a block...It is time. The teams knows if he had an injury later in the year. If he didn't, that could be our surprise come draft day. If MCClain, Weatherspoon, or Spikes come off the board when the Steelers pick....We know it was a concern. They will have to move up to get McClain in the 1st and most likely do the same in the 2nd for Spikes. Weatherspoon might still be on the board in the 1st. We know about the "smoke screen" theory come draft time. But here is something some of you might have over looked. The Steelers know allot about Weatherspoon. I'm sure they saw him on film when they were scouting Ziggy.

Legend

User Info Menu

mccclain is a perfect fiot for the NYG who's # 1 need is LB.

i wonder if the author is a NYG fan

Legend

User Info Menu

[quote=JUST-PLAIN-NASTY]
    Quote Originally Posted by Lebsteel
    Quote Originally Posted by "JUST-PLAIN-NASTY":3vpwqkey
    Not a good mock. There are players I can't believe we would pass on. Bryan Bulaga the first OL taken & in the Top 5? Pouncey that high in the 1st? Dan Williams won't slip until the end of Round 1. Having Mike Iupati going that high after the Senior Bowl tells me he didn't watch the game and see him play. And Sean Lee in the 1st? And I'm a PSU HOMER!!!
    As a fellow PSU homer, I've got Sean Lee in my mock in Rd. 3. He might go sooner, but I think that round is where we need to look for an ILB. If he is not there, there are several other good choices that may be.
    If the Steelers like him...I say they have a pretty good shot at him in the 3rd. If he puts up a low 4.6 and has great triangle times...That could push him into the low 2nd, in my opinion. I think he runs in the 4.7's, has average triangle times, & a low 20 bench. He has allot of intangibles that could make him a nice project for a team that has 2-3 years so he could get stronger. Honestly, after watching him play, I think he is a 4th round pick at best.

I don't think the Steelers even have 2 years. Farriors fall off late in the season usually marks the beginning of the end. I think this will be his last year and if the Steelers hit it right....The 2nd half of the season, he might be in the reserve role. When I see Farrior multiple times in a game over 5 yards down field still trying to get off a block...It is time. The teams knows if he had an injury later in the year. If he didn't, that could be our surprise come draft day. If MCClain, Weatherspoon, or Spikes come off the board when the Steelers pick....We know it was a concern. They will have to move up to get McClain in the 1st and most likely do the same in the 2nd for Spikes. Weatherspoon might still be on the board in the 1st. We know about the "smoke screen" theory come draft time. But here is something some of you might have over looked. The Steelers know allot about Weatherspoon. I'm sure they saw him on film when they were scouting Ziggy.[/quote:3vpwqkey]

I like your mock draft.

I would not be surprised at all if the Steelers selected Sean Weatherspoon, did you see him cover Dexter McCluster in the Senior Bowl and then get an interception later by reading the QBs eyes? I read that he is very vocal and a team leader, Weatherspoon definitely could be Farrior's future replacement (once he figures out our complicated defensive scheme of course).
    Steel Maniac's Time-Based Prediction: Lamar Jackson will be a bust and total flop in the NFL.

What Actually Happened: Lamar Jackson became the youngest two-time NFL MVP winner ever.

Gloat gloat gloat

Boom........

My IT guy...
    Hahahahahahaha

Hall of Famer

User Info Menu

How many of you guys have actually watched Haden? he isn't all that great. he is not a player who is capable of starting as a rookie.

He is simply the best at a position that is very thin this year. Don't believe the predraft hype. he will be better than Gay, but I'm not sure he is as good as Ike or ever will be.
    Funny...I remember how many here on this site and the Trib were saying the exact same thing about Leon Hall.

I've seen enough of Haden to know he is an above average cover man who isnt affraid of being physical.

I'd take him for the Steelers in a heart beat...and in my opinion he immediately being their best corner.
    Steelers 2015 Draft???....Go Freak! As in....

1-Bernardrick McKinney MLB Mississippi State 6 ft 5 250 4.5 40 yard dash

Legend

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by Dee Dub

Funny...I remember how many here on this site and the Trib were saying the exact same thing about Leon Hall.

I've seen enough of Haden to know he is an above average cover man who isnt affraid of being physical.

I'd take him for the Steelers in a heart beat...and in my opinion he immediately being their best corner.

Haden doesn't need to be better than Ike Taylor, he just needs to be better than William Gay, Joe Burnett, Deshea Townsend, Keenan Lewis, Anthony Madison and Trae Williams.

I've seen Haden play lots of times and in my opinion there is no doubt that he is better than any of the CBs in that group.

Gloat gloat gloat

Boom........

My IT guy...
    Hahahahahahaha

Legend

User Info Menu

I don't think there's any way Haden is there at #18. But with the problems in our d-backfield, if he is still on the board when the Steelers pick, it's a no-brainer. Immediate upgrade--I betcha even LeBeau would find a way to get him in as a starter before midseason.