Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Thread: Pro Football Weekly 1st Round Mock Draft

Hall of Famer

User Info Menu

Re: Pro Football Weekly 1st Round Mock Draft

Quote Originally Posted by SteelBucks
    I think we can safely say this is unlikely. IMO, the Steelers will not pass on Haden, Mays, or Thomas to take Pouncey. Center may be a need but the secondary has to be addressed early.
    I woudl pass on Mays. The others, no, especially Haden.
    @_Hellgrammite

Legend

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by ANPSTEEL
    Quote Originally Posted by RuthlessBurgher
    If the draft fell this way, I would trade our 1st and 2nd round picks to move up to #10 to take Eric Berry (who I think is the best player in the draft not name who isn't a Boy Named Suh). Getting Troy back and adding Berry would be changing a secondary from one with no tangible ball skills to a playmaking, ballhawking secondary overnight.
    Love the idea- but 18 to 10 is a BIG move- I cant quite imagine the team pulling that trigger.

I'm sure someone on the board knows the cost chart for trading picks...

18 to 10
    this years 1st & 3rd, plus next years 1st??? something like that??
    #10 = 1300 pts.

#18 = 900 pts.

#52 = 380 pts.

Give up 1280 to get 1300. That works. If they want us to throw in our 6th rounder as well to make the numbers work out perfectly, so be it.
    Steeler teams featuring stat-driven, me-first, fantasy-football-darling diva types such as Antonio Brown & Le'Veon Bell won no championships.

Super Bowl winning Steeler teams were built around a dynamic, in-your-face defense plus blue-collar, hard-hitting, no-nonsense football players on offense such as Hines Ward & Jerome Bettis.

We don't want Juju & Conner to replace what we lost in Brown & Bell.

We are counting on Juju & Conner to return us to the glory we once had with Hines & The Bus.

Starter

User Info Menu

If the draft fell this way, I would trade our 1st and 2nd round picks to move up to #10 to take Eric Berry (who I think is the best player in the draft not name who isn't a Boy Named Suh). Getting Troy back and adding Berry would be changing a secondary from one with no tangible ball skills to a playmaking, ballhawking secondary overnight.
    Love the idea- but 18 to 10 is a BIG move- I cant quite imagine the team pulling that trigger.

18 to 10
    #10 = 1300 pts.

#18 = 900 pts.

#52 = 380 pts.

Give up 1280 to get 1300. That works. If they want us to throw in our 6th rounder as well to make the numbers work out perfectly, so be it.

that is more reasonable than i thought...

now, we just need denver to make that trade- and all the other teams above to let Berry slide.

Legend

User Info Menu

18 to 10
    #10 = 1300 pts.

#18 = 900 pts.

#52 = 380 pts.

now, we just need denver to make that trade- and all the other teams above to let Berry slide.
    That #10 pick may belong to Jacksonville instead (there will be coin flip between them and Denver to see who gets that pick and who gets #11). Jacksonville has no 2nd round pick (they traded it to New England during the draft last year). Jacksonville wants Tim Tebow badly to sell tickets, but everyone who watched the Senior Bowl knows that he is not worth a pick in the early first round. However, they may worry about him being off the board before they pick next in round 3. They may be willing to trade down and pick up a 2nd rounder again so that they can get their boy Tebow on board.
    Steeler teams featuring stat-driven, me-first, fantasy-football-darling diva types such as Antonio Brown & Le'Veon Bell won no championships.

Super Bowl winning Steeler teams were built around a dynamic, in-your-face defense plus blue-collar, hard-hitting, no-nonsense football players on offense such as Hines Ward & Jerome Bettis.

We are counting on Juju & Conner to return us to the glory we once had with Hines & The Bus.

Starter

User Info Menu

18 to 10
    #10 = 1300 pts.

#18 = 900 pts.

#52 = 380 pts.

That #10 pick may belong to Jacksonville instead (there will be coin flip between them and Denver to see who gets that pick and who gets #11). Jacksonville has no 2nd round pick (they traded it to New England during the draft last year). Jacksonville wants Tim Tebow badly to sell tickets, but everyone who watched the Senior Bowl knows that he is not worth a pick in the early first round. However, they may worry about him being off the board before they pick next in round 3. They may be willing to trade down and pick up a 2nd rounder again so that they can get their boy Tebow on board.
    oh geesh...

the Jags fans would wet their pants if that happened, all 10 of them.

Legend

User Info Menu

18 to 10
    #10 = 1300 pts.

#18 = 900 pts.

#52 = 380 pts.

They will likely be able to get Tebow in Round 3 unless he blows everyone's doors off at the Combine. He looked no better than a 4th or 5th Round pick at the Senior Bowl. He is several years and lots of development away from being an adequete NFL QB.

Even if the Jags did get Tebow that wouldn't sell that many tickets. No one here really pays attention to the jags in Fla even when they are winning.
    "My team, may they always be right, but right or wrong...MY TEAM!"

Hall of Famer

User Info Menu

If we pass on Joe Haden or Earl Thomas for a guy who really doesnt belong in the first round let alone at 18 would be retarded.
    Steelers 2015 Draft???....Go Freak! As in....

1-Bernardrick McKinney MLB Mississippi State 6 ft 5 250 4.5 40 yard dash

Pro Bowler

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by JUST-PLAIN-NASTY
    Not a good mock. There are players I can't believe we would pass on. Bryan Bulaga the first OL taken & in the Top 5? Pouncey that high in the 1st? Dan Williams won't slip until the end of Round 1. Having Mike Iupati going that high after the Senior Bowl tells me he didn't watch the game and see him play. And Sean Lee in the 1st? And I'm a PSU HOMER!!!
    As a fellow PSU homer, I've got Sean Lee in my mock in Rd. 3. He might go sooner, but I think that round is where we need to look for an ILB. If he is not there, there are several other good choices that may be.

Legend

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by Oviedo
    They will likely be able to get Tebow in Round 3 unless he blows everyone's doors off at the Combine. He looked no better than a 4th or 5th Round pick at the Senior Bowl. He is several years and lots of development away from being an adequete NFL QB.

Even if the Jags did get Tebow that wouldn't sell that many tickets. No one here really pays attention to the jags in Fla even when they are winning.
    Because no one pays attention to them even when they are winning, I think Wayne Weaver will consider Tebow to be his last ditch effort to drum up interest (even it is little more than a publicity stunt) in order to keep the team from becoming the L.A. Jaguars (which may be inevitable anyway).

I think a team like New England, who has 3 second round picks, could take a shot on Tebow with one of those picks, since they do not have a decent backup to Brady (Brian Hoyer?) and they could also implement a wildcat-type of scheme to throw a new wrinkle into their offense.

Legend

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by Dee Dub
    If we pass on Joe Haden or Earl Thomas for a guy who really doesnt belong in the first round let alone at 18 would be retarded.
    Quoted for truth!

Pappy

1.20 - JC Latham, OT, Alabama
    2.51 - Xavier leggette, WR, South Carolina
    3.84 - Sedrick Van-Pran Granger, OC, Georgia
    3.98 - Andru Phillips, CB, Kentucky
    4.119 - Maason Smith, DT, LSU
    7.178 -
    7.195 -

"Football is a physical game, well, it used to be anyways" - Mel Blount