Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Full Four Round Mock Draft...

Pro Bowler

User Info Menu

Full Four Round Mock Draft...

Initial version of a four round mock draft. Let me know what you guys think. It'll be updated heavily leading up to the draft, but I'd like some early criticisms...

Full 2010 Mock Draft

First Round

1. St. Louis Rams: Ndamukong Suh, DT, Nebraska - Rams go with the smart option. They toy with Jimmy Clausen but ultimately take Suh.

2. Detroit Lions: Gerald McCoy, DT, Oklahoma - A defensive head coach like Schwartz knows the importance of a dominant DT.

3. Tampa Bay Buccaneers: Dez Bryant, WR, Oklahoma State - After losing Antonio Bryant in FA, they select Dez Bryant to replace him.

4. Washington Redskins: Russell Okung, LT, Oklahoma State - Shanahan makes the smart pick to beef up that horrid O-Line.

5. Kansas City Chiefs: Rolando McClain, ILB, Alabama - Scott Pioli gets a LB to lead their defense for the next decade in McClain.

6. Seattle Seahawks: Eric Berry, S, Tennessee - Pete Carroll can't let a playmaker like Eric Berry slip past his pick.

7. Cleveland Browns: Joe Haden, CB, Florida - With Ben Roethlisberger, Carson Palmer and Joe Flacco in the division, the Browns brass decide to upgrade their sub-par secondary. Eric Wright makes a lot better #2 CB, where he played fairly well when Boden was still around.

8. Oakland Raiders: Taylor Mays, FS, USC - He's not as bad a lot of people have been making him out to be (Recently at least). Al Davis is not one of those people that under rates him though.

9. Buffalo Bills: Jimmy Clausen, QB, Notre Dame - O-Line would be the smart pick but Bills also desperately need to upgrade their QB position. A lot of people like Bradford more than Clausen but I think the new Bills coaches will lean towards the more accurate, weaker arm Clausen.

10. Denver Broncos (via Chicago): Demaryius Thomas, WR, Georgia Tech - With Marshall pretty much gone, the Broncos take another big talented receiver to replace him.

11. Jacksonville Jaguars: Brandon Graham, DE, Michigan - Jags need to upgrade their pass rush and they do so with the best pass rusher in the draft.

12. Miami Dolphins: Dan Williams, NT, Tennessee - Jason Ferguson is near/at retirement. So the Dolphins upgrade their D-Line with Williams.

13. San Fransisco 49ers: Anthony Davis, OT, Rutgers - 49ers signed Marvel Smith in the offseason as a stop gap that didn't work out. Davis will be a nice upgrade for them.

14. Seattle Seahawks (Via Denver): Sam Bradford, QB, Oklahoma - The Hasselbeck era is all but done. New Management will want a new signal caller to start over with.

15. New York Giants: Brian Price, DT, UCLA - The Giants defense was killed the last two games of the season. They add Price who can get penetration into the backfield.

16. San Fransisco 49ers (Via Carolina): Derrick Morgan, DE, Georgia Tech - Manny Lawson just isn't getting enough pressure. They also need a CB but at 16 they'll hold off on taking a CB.

17. Tennessee Titans: Jason Pierre-Paul, DE, South Florida. With Kyle Vanden Bosch indicating his time with the Titans might be done expect the Titans to look for a pass rusher in this draft.

18. Pittsburgh Steelers: Perrish Cox, CB, Oklahoma State. It'll come down to Earl Thomas or Cox for the Steelers. Cox would provide an immediate upgrade over Gay and Townsend, where as Thomas would sit behind Ryan Clark (If resigned).

19. Atlanta Falcons: Sean Weatherspoon, LB, Missouri - Falcons need to upgrade their LB Corps and Weatherspoon is a versatile LB that will make an immediate impact on any defense.

20. Houston Texans: Earl Thomas, S, Texas - Texans need help at the FS position where they had John Busing starting at one point.

21. Cincinnati Bengals: Arrelious Benn, WR, Illinois - A lot of people are projecting Gresham here, who I would love the Bengals to but he doesn't fit our system (From what I'm hearing). Looking at the WR's available the Bengals go with Benn who has a good combination of size and speed. Benn can finally replace TJ Housh as a threat across the middle. Bengals are looking for bigger receivers which is why I think they will pass on Golden Tate.

22. New England Patriots: C.J. Spiller, RB/WR/KR, Clemson - Patriots probably didn't think Spiller would fall this far and they couldn't pass up taking such a versatile player.

23. Green Bay Packers: Bryan Bulaga, OT, Iowa - I'm very high on Bulaga. I think the Packers will be very lucky if he falls to them.

24. Philadelphia Eagles: Carlos Dunlap, DE, Florida - Eagles need someone else that can rush the passer to take the pressure off Trent Cole. Dunlap has a lot of upside at this pick.

25. Baltimore Ravens: Jermaine Gresham, TE, Oklahoma - Ozzie loves drafting the best available player. Although WR is more of a need, with reports that Mason is coming back Ozzie takes the dynamic TE.

26. Arizona Cardinals: Terrence Cody, DT, Alabama - Cardinals address the D-Line after getting killed defensively in the playoffs.

27. Dallas Cowboys: Golden Tate, WR, Notre Dame - Crayton and Roy Williams were too inconsistent throughout the season. Tate comes in and provides a solid #2 across from Miles Austin.

28. San Diego Chargers: Jared Odrick, DT, Penn State - Good fit as a 3-4 DE. Great pick here for the Chargers who need to upgrade their defense.

29. New York Jets: Sergio Kindle, OLB, Texas - Time for the Jets to move on from Gholston.

30. Minnesota Vikings: Donovan Warren, CB, Michigan - Antonie Winfield is 32 years old and had a tough time staying healthy last season. Warren will provide some added depth to their secondary.

31. New Orleans Saints: Daryl Washington, OLB, TCU - Saints could use some help at the OLB position.

32. Indianapolis Colts: Charles Brown, OT, USC - Although the Colts don't usually use 1st round picks on the O-Line, I think they will with Brown still on the board.

Round Two

33. St. Louis Rams: Navorro Bowman, OLB, Penn State
    34. Detroit Lions: Mike Iupati, OG, Idaho
    35. Tampa Bay Buccaneers: Brandon Spikes, LB, Florida
    36. Kansas City Chiefs: Trent Williams, OT, Oklahoma
    37. Washington Redskins: Jahvid Best, RB, California
    38. Cleveland Browns: Damian Williams, WR, USC
    39. Oakland Raiders: Bruce Campbell, OT, Maryland
    40. Seattle Seahawks: Maurkice Pouncey, C, Florida
    41. Buffalo Bills: Vladimir Ducasse, OG, UMass
    42. Tampa Bay Buccaneers (Via Chicago): Greg Hardy, DE, Ole Miss
    43. Miami Dolphins: Jerry Hughes, OLB, TCU
    44. New England Patriots (Via Jacksonville): Everson Griffen, DE, USC
    45. Denver Broncos: Rob Gronkowski, TE, Arizona
    46. New York Giants: Chad Jones, FS, LSU
    47. New England Patriots (Via Tennessee): Patrick Robinson, CB, Florida State
    48. Carolina Panthers: Mardy Gilyard, WR, Cincy
    49. San Fransisco 49ers: Devin McCourty, CB, Rutgers
    50. Kansas City Chiefs (Via ATL): Aaron Hernandez, TE, Florida
    51. Houston Texans: Jonathan Dwyer, RB, Ga. Tech.
    52. Pittsburgh Steelers: Cam Thomas, DT, UNC
    53. New England Patriots: Brandon LaFell, WR, LSU
    54. Cincinnati Bengals: Anthony McCoy, TE, USC
    55. Philadelphia Eagles: Kyle Wilson, CB, Boise State
    56. Green Bay Packers: Morgan Burnett, FS, Ga. Tech.
    57. Baltimore Ravens: Chris Cook, CB, Virginia
    58. Arizona Cardinals: Eric Norwood, OLB, South Carolina
    59. Dallas Cowboys: Ciron Black, OT, LSU
    60. San Diego Chargers: Ryan Mathews, RB, Fresno State
    61. New York Jets: Danario Alexander, WR, Missouri
    62. Minnesota Vikings: Colt McCoy, QB, Texas
    63. New Orleans Saints: Alex Carrington, DE, Arkansas State
    64. Indianapolis Colts: Geno Atkins, DT, Georgia

Round Three

65. St Louis Rams: Riley Cooper, WR, Florida
    66. Detroit Lions: Montario Hardesty, RB, Tennessee
    67. Tampa Bay Buccaneers: D’Anthony Smith, DT, LSU
    68. Washington Redskins: Forfeited in supp. draft
    69. Kansas City Chiefs: Tyson Alualu, DE, California
    70. Philadelphia Eagles (f/SEA): LeGarrette Blount, RB, Oregon
    71. Cleveland Browns: Micah Johnson, ILB, Kentucky
    72. Oakland Raiders: Corey Wootton, DE, Northwestern
    73. Buffalo Bills: Koa Misi, OLB/DE, Utah
    74. Chicago Bears: Mike Johnson, OG, Alabama
    75. Jacksonville Jaguars: Brandon Ghee, CB, Wake Forest
    76. Miami Dolphins: Jordan Shipley, WR, Texas
    77. Cleveland Browns (f/SF): Dan LeFevour (QB) Central Michigan
    78. Denver Broncos: Torrell Troup, DT, UCF
    79. New York Giants: John Asamoah, OG, Illinois
    80. Carolina Panthers: Vince Oghobaase, DT, Duke
    81. Tennessee Titans: Amari Spievey, CB, Iowa
    82. Pittsburgh Steelers: John Jerry, OG, Ole Miss
    83. Atlanta Falcons: Dexter McCluster, WR, Mississippi
    84. Houston Texans: Jacoby Ford, WR, Clemson
    85. Cincinnati Bengals: Terrell Skinner, S, Maryland
    86. Oakland Raiders (f/NE): Lamarr Houston, DT, Texas
    87. Green Bay Packers: Joe McKnight, RB, USC
    88. Philadelphia Eagles: Pat Angerer, LB, Iowa
    89. Baltimore Ravens: Clifton Geathers, DE, South Carolina
    90. Arizona Cardinals: Jeff Linkenbach, OT, Cincinnati
    91. Dallas Cowboys: Darrell Stuckey, S, Kansas
    92. San Diego Chargers: Larry Asante, S, Nebraska
    93. San Francisco 49ers (f/NYJ via CLE): Jeremy Williams, WR, Tulane
    94. Minnesota Vikings: Reshad Jones, S, Georgia
    95. New Orleans Saints: Chris Scott, OT, Tennessee
    96. Indianapolis Colts: Matt Tennant, C, Boston College
    97*. Tennessee Titans: Jeff Byers, OL, Southern California
    98*. Cincinnati Bengals: Ricky Sapp, OLB/DE, Clemson

Round Four

99. St Louis Rams: Jimmy Graham, TE, Miami
    100. Detroit Lions: Dominique Franks, CB, Oklahoma
    101. Tampa Bay Buccaneers: Jason Fox, OT, Miami
    102. Washington Redskins: Syd’Quan Thompson, CB, California
    103. Kansas City Chiefs: George Selvie, DE, USF
    104. Seattle Seahawks: Nate Allen, FS, USF
    105. Cleveland Browns: Anthony Dixon, RB, Mississippi State
    106. Oakland Raiders: Taylor Price, WR, Ohio
    107. Buffalo Bills: Dezmon Briscoe, WR, Kansas
    108. Chicago Bears: Eric Decker, WR, Minnesota
    109. Jacksonville Jaguars: Zane Beadles, OG, Utah
    110. Miami Dolphins: Dennis Pitta, TE, BYU
    111. San Francisco 49ers: Joique Bell, RB, Wayne State
    112. Denver Broncos: Sean Lee, LB, Penn State
    113. New York Giants: Dekoda Watson, LB, Florida State
    114. Carolina Panthers: Jermaine Cunningham, DE, Florida
    115. Tennessee Titans: Darryl Sharpton, LB, Miami
    116. Pittsburgh Steelers: Ben Tate, RB, Auburn
    117. Atlanta Falcons: Brandon Lang, DE, Troy
    118. Houston Texans: Javier Arenas, CB, Alabama
    119. Cincinnati Bengals: Mike Williams, WR, Syracuse
    120. Kansas City Chiefs (f/NE): Major Wright, S, Florida
    121. Atlanta Falcons (f/GB): Jerome Murphy, CB, USF
    122. Philadelphia Eagles: Marcus Easley, WR, Connecticut
    123. Denver Broncos (f/BAL): Kam Chancellor, S, Virginia Tech
    124. Arizona Cardinals: Andre Roberts, WR, The Citadel
    125. Dallas Cowboys: J.D. Walton, Center, Baylor
    126. San Diego Chargers: Shay Hodge, WR, Ole Miss
    127. Philadelphia Eagles (f/NYJ): Myron Rolle, S, FSU
    128. Minnesota Vikings: Jamar Chaney, LB, Mississippi State
    129. New Orleans Saints: Ed Dickson, TE, Oregon
    130. Indianapolis Colts: Rennie Curran, LB, Georgia
    131*. Atlanta Falcons: Eric Olsen, C, Notre Dame

Legend

User Info Menu

Re: Full Four Round Mock Draft...

That's pretty impressive for a 4 round mock at this point. Kudos!

A few general thoughts:

Personally, there is no way that I would touch Taylor Mays with the 8th pick, but that is a perfect Al Davis selection. Incredible size/speed/strength combo with questions about how well he can actually play the game. He's the defensive version of Darrius Heyward-Bey, and Al cannot resist these types of guys.

There is no way that the Jaguars make 3 selections in these 4 rounds without Tim Tebow's name being on one of them. Sure, he was not impressive whatsoever at the Senior Bowl, but Wayne Weaver needs to sell tickets now before they become the L.A. Jaguars. I wouldn't be surprised if the Jaguars traded up to get a 2nd round pick just to make sure they land their golden ticket. Strictly a business decision rather than a pick based on football skill.

For my Steelers, based on who you have available when we pick in each round (assuming that we retain Casey Hampton), I think I would take OT Bruce Campbell, CB Kyle Wilson, FS Nate Allen, and C J.D. Walton. We'll still need a couple of LB prospects, a young developmental NT, a backup RB among other things with our remaining selections, but I think this is a good draft to improve our secondary and o-line in the first few rounds.

A few folks that I think you have going too early:

Dez Bryant (with so much time off, I don't see him going 3rd overall. The earliest I see him going is #10 to Denver).

Demaryius Thomas (I don't think he's even a first round prospect at all, never mind 10th overall).

Perrish Cox (after Joe Haden, I don't see another CB that I would like with the 18th pick. There are a heck of a lot of 2nd and 3rd round CB in a deep corner class, but Haden is the only elite prospect there. I think the next CB off the board after Haden could be Donovan Warren to Minnesota in the late 1st, as you later suggest. If you are taking someone from the secondary for the Steelers there, I would much prefer Earl Thomas).

A few folks that I think you have going too late:

Bruce Campbell (love this guy's combination of size, strength, and athleticism. I realize that he has a limited body of work due to injuries, but after teams get a look at this guy at the combine, I think he goes in the top half of the first round. Al Davis may even be tempted in round 1).

Brandon Ghee (I think Ghee, who you have slotted at #75, is a better CB prospect than Cox, who you have slotted at #18. I think both Ghee and Cox come off the board in the early-to-mid 2nd round).

Nate Allen (You have him going in the early 4th, but I think he is a legit 2nd round prospect. After Eric Berry...top 10...and Earl Thomas...mid 1st...I think Nate Allen is the next best free safety...and I would not be upset if my Steelers grabbed him in round 2, and I would be absolutely delighted to get him in the 3rd, so I don't think he should last as long as he did in your mock).
    Steeler teams featuring stat-driven, me-first, fantasy-football-darling diva types such as Antonio Brown & Le'Veon Bell won no championships.

Super Bowl winning Steeler teams were built around a dynamic, in-your-face defense plus blue-collar, hard-hitting, no-nonsense football players on offense such as Hines Ward & Jerome Bettis.

We don't want Juju & Conner to replace what we lost in Brown & Bell.

We are counting on Juju & Conner to return us to the glory we once had with Hines & The Bus.

Pro Bowler

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by RuthlessBurgher
    That's pretty impressive for a 4 round mock at this point. Kudos!

A few general thoughts:

Personally, there is no way that I would touch Taylor Mays with the 8th pick, but that is a perfect Al Davis selection. Incredible size/speed/strength combo with questions about how well he can actually play the game. He's the defensive version of Darrius Heyward-Bey, and Al cannot resist these types of guys.
    I might update that pick to Anthony Davis or Bruce Campbell. Depends on how the combine goes. But if Mays runs what I think he will, I don't see how Crazy Al can pass on him.

There is no way that the Jaguars make 3 selections in these 4 rounds without Tim Tebow's name being on one of them. Sure, he was not impressive whatsoever at the Senior Bowl, but Wayne Weaver needs to sell tickets now before they become the L.A. Jaguars. I wouldn't be surprised if the Jaguars traded up to get a 2nd round pick just to make sure they land their golden ticket. Strictly a business decision rather than a pick based on football skill.
    Completely forgot about Tebow. I wanted to give him to the Jags in the 2nd round, but the Jags don't have a 2nd round pick. Then I forgot to give him to the Jags in the 3rd. Will definitely be updating that.

For my Steelers, based on who you have available when we pick in each round (assuming that we retain Casey Hampton), I think I would take OT Bruce Campbell, CB Kyle Wilson, FS Nate Allen, and C J.D. Walton. We'll still need a couple of LB prospects, a young developmental NT, a backup RB among other things with our remaining selections, but I think this is a good draft to improve our secondary and o-line in the first few rounds.
    The Steelers and the Bills are the two teams I was least happy with draft wise after I mocked everything. I might have Cox too high, but I think as we get closer to the draft he'll earn the #2 CB ranking.

A few folks that I think you have going too early:

Dez Bryant (with so much time off, I don't see him going 3rd overall. The earliest I see him going is #10 to Denver).

Demaryius Thomas (I don't think he's even a first round prospect at all, never mind 10th overall).

Perrish Cox (after Joe Haden, I don't see another CB that I would like with the 18th pick. There are a heck of a lot of 2nd and 3rd round CB in a deep corner class, but Haden is the only elite prospect there. I think the next CB off the board after Haden could be Donovan Warren to Minnesota in the late 1st, as you later suggest. If you are taking someone from the secondary for the Steelers there, I would much prefer Earl Thomas).

A few folks that I think you have going too late:

Bruce Campbell (love this guy's combination of size, strength, and athleticism. I realize that he has a limited body of work due to injuries, but after teams get a look at this guy at the combine, I think he goes in the top half of the first round. Al Davis may even be tempted in round 1).

Brandon Ghee (I think Ghee, who you have slotted at #75, is a better CB prospect than Cox, who you have slotted at #18. I think both Ghee and Cox come off the board in the early-to-mid 2nd round).

Nate Allen (You have him going in the early 4th, but I think he is a legit 2nd round prospect. After Eric Berry...top 10...and Earl Thomas...mid 1st...I think Nate Allen is the next best free safety...and I would not be upset if my Steelers grabbed him in round 2, and I would be absolutely delighted to get him in the 3rd, so I don't think he should last as long as he did in your mock).
    Drafts don't always go according to plan. Demaryius Thomas I think has the potential to be one of those players that goes a lot higher then everyone thinks.

Dez Bryant from what I hear is being rated higher than Crabtree was last season. So if that Diva WR can get selected in the top 10, I think Bryant can as well. Especially since Antonio Bryant might leave in FA.

Nate Allen I didn't find a good fit for. I put him earlier for a couple of teams then removed him. I probably will end up mocking him higher after a couple of revisions.

Thanks for all the comments. BTW, can you tell things at work are slooooow at the moment...

Hall of Famer

User Info Menu

Mike Williams has talent, but he quit on his team this season. There is no excuse for that. I really like Benn. I think he'll be a stud in the NFL.

Every year we are surprised when a team takes a WR in the first round well before they were expected to go. You did a nice job with the Demaryius Thomas pick there. I could see something like that happening.

I wouldn't love that Steelers draft. Cox is a good player, but I think we could trade back and get that player or one of similar talent. I think I'd go Earl Thomas as he is a real game changer and was often the best player on the field as a sophomore. He could fill out/adding 10 pounds or so over the next few years and really be a dominant FS. Cam Thomas in the second seems like a slight reach as he really underperformed during the season. John Jerry in the third might have sounded good before the Senior Bowl. But, he looked awful in the game. He was abused by Odrick and just about every other DT put in front of him. The last thing this squad needs is another turnstile interior linemen. Ben Tate in the fourth would be pretty good. Tate is tough runner and will be effective between the tackles.
    Even if Bill Belichick was getting an atomic wedgie, his face would look exactly the same.

Pro Bowler

User Info Menu

I made some updates, after adding Tebow to the Jags freeing up another CB, the Steelers draft looks A LOT better:

1st Round - Earl Thomas
    2nd Round - Devin McCourty
    3rd Round - Torrell Troup
    4th Round - John Jerry

Not sure if you guys will go all defense though for the first three rounds. Probably have to make some further updates...

Legend

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by Jom112
    I made some updates, after adding Tebow to the Jags freeing up another CB, the Steelers draft looks A LOT better:

1st Round - Earl Thomas
    2nd Round - Devin McCourty
    3rd Round - Torrell Troup
    4th Round - John Jerry

Not sure if you guys will go all defense though for the first three rounds. Probably have to make some further updates...
    I like that much better than Perrish Cox, Cam Thomas, John Jerry, and Ben Tate.

Steeler teams featuring stat-driven, me-first, fantasy-football-darling diva types such as Antonio Brown & Le'Veon Bell won no championships.

Super Bowl winning Steeler teams were built around a dynamic, in-your-face defense plus blue-collar, hard-hitting, no-nonsense football players on offense such as Hines Ward & Jerome Bettis.

We are counting on Juju & Conner to return us to the glory we once had with Hines & The Bus.

Hall of Famer

User Info Menu

Yeah, I like it much better too.
    Even if Bill Belichick was getting an atomic wedgie, his face would look exactly the same.

Pro Bowler

User Info Menu

Here is the updated one. I added Tebow and some juniors who I forget declared like Jason Worilds and Carlton Mitchell. I also updated the draft order, I was off on some of them originally (Still not sure if this is 100% right yet either).

Let me know what you guys think...

Full 2010 Mock Draft

First Round

1. St. Louis Rams: Ndamukong Suh, DT, Nebraska - Rams go with the smart option. They toy with Jimmy Clausen but ultimately take Suh.

2. Detroit Lions: Gerald McCoy, DT, Oklahoma - A defensive head coach like Schwartz knows the importance of a dominant DT.

3. Tampa Bay Buccaneers: Dez Bryant, WR, Oklahoma State - After losing Antonio Bryant in FA (Guessing here), they select Dez Bryant to replace him.

4. Washington Redskins: Russell Okung, OT, Oklahoma State - The O-Line is the biggest need for the Redskins. Shanahan will also look at the QB's here but ultimately he goes with the OT.

5. Kansas City Chiefs: Rolando McClain, LB, Alabama - Scott Pioli gets a LB to lead their defense for the next decade in McClain.

6. Seattle Seahawks: Eric Berry, S, Tennessee - Pete Carroll can't let a playmaker like Eric Berry slip past his pick.

7. Cleveland Browns: Joe Haden, CB, Florida - With Ben Roethlisberger, Carson Palmer and Joe Flacco in the division the Browns brass decide to upgrade their sub-par secondary. Eric Wright makes a lot better #2 CB, where he played fairly well when Boden was still around.

8. Oakland Raiders: Anthony Davis, OT, Rutgers - Raiders need help on both sides of the Line. They have neglected the OT position as of late and will try to fix that by selecing Davis.

9. Buffalo Bills: Jimmy Clausen, QB, Notre Dame - O-Line would be the smart pick but Bills also desperately need to upgrade their QB position. A lot of people like Bradford more than Clausen but I think the new Bills coaches will lean towards Clausen.

10/11. Denver Broncos (via Chicago): Demaryius Thomas, WR, Georgia Tech - With Marshall pretty much gone, the Broncos draft a big talented receiver to replace him. Thomas isn't being projected by anyone at this point to go this high, but like all drafts there are always a couple of shockers.

10/11. Jacksonville Jaguars: Brandon Graham, DE, Michigan - Jags need to upgrade their pass rush and they do so with the best pass rusher in the draft.

12. Miami Dolphins: Dan Williams, DT, Tennessee - Jason Ferguson is near/at retirement. So the Dolphins upgrade their D-Line with Williams.

13. San Fransisco 49ers: Derrick Morgan, DE, Georgia Tech - Manny Lawson just isn't getting enough pressure. They also need a CB but at 13 they'll hold off on taking a CB.

14. Seattle Seahawks (Via Denver): Sam Bradford, QB, Oklahoma - The Hasselbeck era is all but done. New Management will want a new signal caller to start over with.

15. New York Giants: Jason Pierre-Paul, DE, South Florida - The Giants defense was killed the last two games of the season. They add JPP who can rejuvenate the Giants pass rush.

16/17. San Fransisco 49ers (Via Carolina): Bruce Campbell, OT, Maryland - 49ers signed Marvel Smith in the offseason as a stop gap that didn't work out. Campbell will be a nice upgrade for them.

16/17. Tennessee Titans: Brian Price, DT, UCLA - Price will provide a nice upgrade for their D-Line.

18. Pittsburgh Steelers: Earl Thomas, S, Texas - Earl Thomas needs to add some bulk but his playmaking abilites make it hard for the Steelers to pass up on him.

19/20. Atlanta Falcons: Sean Weatherspoon, LB, Missouri - After losing Booking and Boley last offseason the Falcons didn't do much to replace those LB's. Weatherspoon is a versatile LB that will make an immediate impact on any defense.

19/20. Houston Texans: Taylor Mays, S, USC - Texans need help at the Safety position where they had John Busing starting at one point.

21. Cincinnati Bengals: Damian Williams, WR, USC - A lot of people are projecting Gresham here, who I would love the Bengals to select but he doesn't fit our system (From what I'm hearing). Looking at the WR's available the Bengals go with Williams who has a good combination of size, speed and route running ability. Bengals are looking for bigger receivers which is why I think they will take Williams over Golden Tate. Rejus Benn is also a possibility but I think the Bengals will go with the receiver with better hands.

22. New England Patriots: C.J. Spiller, RB/WR/KR, Clemson - Patriots probably didn't think Spiller would fall this far and they couldn't pass up taking such a versatile player.

23. Green Bay Packers: Bryan Bulaga, OT, Iowa - I'm very high on Bulaga. I think the Packers will be very lucky if he falls to them.

24. Philadelphia Eagles: Carlos Dunlap, DE, Florida - Eagles need someone else that can rush the passer to take the pressure off Trent Cole. Dunlap has a lot of upside at this pick.

25. Baltimore Ravens: Jermaine Gresham, TE, Oklahoma - Ozzie loves drafting the best available player. Although WR is more of a need, with reports that Mason is coming back Ozzie takes the dynamic TE.

26. Arizona Cardinals: Terrence Cody, DT, Alabama - Cardinals address the D-Line after getting killed defensively in the playoffs.

27. Dallas Cowboys: Golden Tate, WR, Notre Dame - Crayton and Roy Williams were too inconsistent throughout the season. Tate comes in and provides a solid #2 across from Miles Austin.

28. San Diego Chargers: Jared Odrick, DT, Penn State - Good fit as a 3-4 DE. Great pick here for the Chargers who need to upgrade their defense.

29. New York Jets: Everson Griffen, DE, USC - Solid 3-4 DE to help that front line.

30. Minnesota Vikings: Donovan Warren, CB, Michigan - Antonie Winfield is 32 years old and had a tough time staying healthy last season. Warren will provide some added depth to their secondary.

31/32. Indianapolis Colts: Charles Brown, OT, USC - Although the Colts don't usually use 1st round picks on the O-Line, I think they will with Brown still on the board.

31/32. New Orleans Saints: Navorro Bowman, LB, Penn State - Saints could use some help at the OLB position.

Round Two

33. St. Louis Rams: Daryl Washington, LB, TCU
    34. Detroit Lions: Mike Iupati, OG, Idaho
    35. Tampa Bay Buccaneers: Brandon Spikes, LB, Florida
    36. Kansas City Chiefs: Trent Williams, OT, Oklahoma
    37. Washington Redskins: Jahvid Best, RB, California
    38. Cleveland Browns: Arrelious Benn, WR, Illinois
    39. Oakland Raiders: Greg Hardy, DE, Ole Miss
    40. Seattle Seahawks: Maurkice Pouncey, C, Florida
    41. Buffalo Bills: Vladimir Ducasse, OG/OT, UMass
    42/44. Tampa Bay Buccaneers (Via Chicago): Kyle Wilson, CB, Boise State
    43. Miami Dolphins: Sergio Kindle, OLB, Texas
    42/44. New England Patriots (Via Jacksonville): Jerry Hughes, OLB, TCU
    45. Denver Broncos: Rob Gronkowski, TE, Arizona
    46. New York Giants: Chad Jones, S, LSU
    47/48. Carolina Panthers: Mardy Gilyard, WR, Cincinnati
    47/48. New England Patriots (Via Tennessee): Patrick Robinson, CB, Florida State
    49. San Fransisco 49ers: Perrish Cox, CB, Oklahoma State
    50/51. Kansas City Chiefs (Via ATL): Aaron Hernandez, TE, Florida
    50/51. Houston Texans: Jonathan Dwyer, RB, Ga. Tech.
    52. Pittsburgh Steelers: Devin McCourty, CB, Rutgers
    53. New England Patriots: Brandon LaFell, WR, LSU
    54. Cincinnati Bengals: Anthony McCoy, TE, USC
    55. Philadelphia Eagles: Brandon Ghee, CB, Wake Forest
    56. Green Bay Packers: Morgan Burnett, S, Ga. Tech.
    57. Baltimore Ravens: Chris Cook, CB, Virginia
    58. Arizona Cardinals: Eric Norwood, OLB, South Carolina
    59. Dallas Cowboys: Larry Asante, S, Nebraska
    60. San Diego Chargers: Ryan Mathews, RB, Fresno State
    61. New York Jets: Danario Alexander, WR, Missouri
    62. Minnesota Vikings: Colt McCoy, QB, Texas
    63/64. Indianapolis Colts: Geno Atkins, DT, Georgia
    63/64. New Orleans Saints: Ricky Sapp, OLB/DE, Clemson

Round Three

65. St Louis Rams: Riley Cooper, WR, Florida
    66. Detroit Lions: Montario Hardesty, RB, Tennessee
    67. Tampa Bay Buccaneers: D’Anthony Smith, DT, LSU
    Washington Redskins: Forfeited in supplemental draft
    68. Kansas City Chiefs: Tyson Alualu, DE, California
    69. Oakland Raiders: Lamarr Houston, DT, Texas
    70. Philadelphia Eagles (Via Seattle): LeGarrette Blount, RB, Oregon
    71. Cleveland Browns: Corey Wootton, DE, Northwestern
    72. Buffalo Bills: Alex Carrington, DE, Arkansas State
    73. Miami Dolphins: Jordan Shipley, WR, Texas
    74/75. Chicago Bears: John Asamoah, OG, Illinois
    74/75. Jacksonville Jaguars: Tim Tebow, QB, Florida
    76. New York Giants: Mike Johnson, OG, Alabama
    77/78. Carolina Panthers: Vince Oghobaase, DT, Duke
    77/78. Tennessee Titans: Dominique Franks, CB, Oklahoma
    79. San Franciso 49ers: Jeremy Williams, WR, Tulane
    80. Denver Broncos: Cam Thomas, DT, UNC
    81/83. Houston Texans: Jacoby Ford, WR, Clemson
    82. Pittsburgh Steelers: Torrell Troup, DT, UCF
    81/83. Atlanta Falcons: Dexter McCluster, WR, Mississippi
    84. Cincinnati Bengals: Nate Allen, S, USF
    85. Oakland Raiders (Via NE): Micah Johnson, LB, Kentucky
    86. Green Bay Packers: Joe McKnight, RB, USC
    87. Philadelphia Eagles: Sean Lee, LB, Penn State
    88. Baltimore Ravens: George Selvie, DE, USF
    89. Arizona Cardinals: Kyle Calloway, OT, Iowa
    90. Dallas Cowboys: Ciron Black, OT, LSU
    91. San Diego Chargers: Darrell Stuckey, S, Kansas
    92. Cleveland Browns (Via NYJ): Dan LeFevour, QB, Central Michigan
    93. Minnesota Vikings: Reshad Jones, S, Georgia
    94/95. Indianapolis Colts: Matt Tennant, C, Boston College
    94/95. New Orleans Saints: Ed Dickson, TE, Oregon
    96*. Tennessee Titans: Jared Veldheer, OT, Hillsdale
    97*. Cincinnati Bengals: Clifton Geathers, DE, South Carolina
    98*. Atlanta Falcons: Brandon Lang, DE, Troy

Round Four

99. St Louis Rams: Tony Pike, QB, Cincinnati
    100. Detroit Lions: Amari Spievey, CB, Iowa
    101. Tampa Bay Buccaneers: Jason Fox, OT, Miami
    102. Kansas City Chiefs: Jason Worilds, OLB/DE, Virgina Tech
    103. Washington Redskins: Terrell Skinner, S, Maryland
    104. Seattle Seahawks: Jeff Byers, OL, USC
    105. Cleveland Browns: Anthony Dixon, RB, Mississippi State
    106. Oakland Raiders: Taylor Price, WR, Ohio
    107. Buffalo Bills: Dezmon Briscoe, WR, Kansas
    108/109. Chicago Bears: Eric Decker, WR, Minnesota
    108/109. Jacksonville Jaguars: Pat Angerer, LB, Iowa
    110. Miami Dolphins: Dennis Pitta, TE, BYU
    111/112. Carolina Panthers: Jermaine Cunningham, DE, Florida
    111/112. Tennessee Titans: Austen Lane, DE, Murray State
    113. San Francisco 49ers: Major Wright, S, Florida
    114. Denver Broncos: J.D. Walton, Center, Baylor
    115. New York Giants: Dekoda Watson, LB, Florida State
    116. Pittsburgh Steelers: John Jerry, OG, Ole Miss
    117/118. Atlanta Falcons: Syd’Quan Thompson, CB, California
    117/118. Houston Texans: Javier Arenas, CB, Alabama
    119. Cincinnati Bengals: Mike Williams, WR, Syracuse
    120. Kansas City Chiefs (Via NE): Joique Bell, RB, Wayne State
    121. Philadelphia Eagles: Marcus Easley, WR, Connecticut
    122. Atlanta Falcons (Via GB): Eric Olsen, C, Notre Dame
    123. Denver Broncos (Via BAL): Koa Misi, OLB, Utah
    124. Arizona Cardinals: Andre Roberts, WR, The Citadel
    125. Dallas Cowboys: Jimmy Graham, TE, Miami
    126. San Diego Chargers: Carlton Mitchell, WR, USF
    127. Philadelphia Eagles (Via NYJ): Myron Rolle, S, FSU
    128. Minnesota Vikings: Arthur Jones, DT, Syracuse
    129/130. Indianapolis Colts: Rennie Curran, LB, Georgia
    129/130. New Orleans Saints: Chris Scott, OT, Tennessee

Legend

User Info Menu

Nice improvements overall.

The thoughts of New England being able to pick up C.J. Spiller, Jerry Hughes, Patrick Robinson, and Brandon LaFell in the first two rounds is pretty scary.

Hall of Famer

User Info Menu

My oldest son is a Falcons fan. So, I know that team pretty well.

Their needs are OC (McClure will retire this year or next), RT (if Clabo leaves) CB, OLB, SS, pass rushers.

1. Weatherspoon-I could see this happening. I think Weatherspoon is really overrated right now after that super Senior Bowl week. Someone may take him in the second half of the first, but I see him as a second round talent. Still, he'd fill a need there and be able to play right away at OLB (provided he could beat out Stephen Nicholas, ha!)

3. Dexter McCluster-It would be hard to pass up such a play maker. Still, Norwood is a RFA and will likely be retained and Harry Douglas (who was on IR last season) will be back to take over the slot receiver and PR duties. McCluster is a bit of redundancy on this team. I think Mike Smith desparately wants a pass rusher and would likely look there first. Maybe a RT would be a better pick.

4a. Jerome Murphy-this is a good pick. Atlanta's best 3 CBs are all midgets. They need a rangy CB. I don't love Murphy's game, but he could develop.

4b. Brandon Lang-Lang's best shot to start in this league is at 3-4 OLB. He is too small and weak at the POA to hold up at 4-3 DE. That would make him a situational pass rusher on this team. That spot is already occupied by the promising Lawrence Sidbury. I don't think they could afford to have two situational pass rushing 4-3 DEs. If they take a DE here, he'll likely be able to hold up adequately against the run.

4c. Eric Olsen-very good.