Page 7 of 7 FirstFirst ... 567

Thread: 2010 Steelers' first three rounds draft picks set

Re: 2010 Steelers' first three rounds draft picks set

Quote Originally Posted by SS Laser
    Quote Originally Posted by Shawn
    I would agree with alot of that. The only two points I would disagree with. Fox plays nothing like Foote. He does play the mack but knows/has ability to play both. He is good in coverage as well as around the LOS. He is a beast...plays very physically. He is just a better LBr than the very average Foote. I have seen enough to know we got our next Farrior with that FA pick up.

Second, Mays is a project at FS. Playing him at FS is like playing Timmons at the mack. It just doesn't suit his skill set. His coverage skills are very average...even less than average. Just say no to Mays.
    If Mays has the highest rating of players left on the steelers draft board what will they do?

Do you draft him and move Troy to FS? Some media types say teams do not have ss and fs just 2 safetys? Do the steelers play like that?

I wonder if some team falls in love with Mays and would like our spot to take him?
    I'm hoping the Steelers see him as a second round talent...which is what he is...therefore he won't be on our draft board in the first. I don't think we have a need for a safety who can't cover...who plays undisciplined football.

Quote Originally Posted by SS Laser
    I would agree with alot of that. The only two points I would disagree with. Fox plays nothing like Foote. He does play the mack but knows/has ability to play both. He is good in coverage as well as around the LOS. He is a beast...plays very physically. He is just a better LBr than the very average Foote. I have seen enough to know we got our next Farrior with that FA pick up.

Second, Mays is a project at FS. Playing him at FS is like playing Timmons at the mack. It just doesn't suit his skill set. His coverage skills are very average...even less than average. Just say no to Mays.
    If Mays has the highest rating of players left on the steelers draft board what will they do?

Do you draft him and move Troy to FS? Some media types say teams do not have ss and fs just 2 safetys? Do the steelers play like that?

I wonder if some team falls in love with Mays and would like our spot to take him?
    I'm hoping the Steelers see him as a second round talent...which is what he is...therefore he won't be on our draft board in the first. I don't think we have a need for a safety who can't cover...who plays undisciplined football.
    Shawn, wow, I totally agree with you on this one!

Leb once in awhile I'm right and agree with ya. You know what they say about sunshine and a dog's behind.

if we drafted Weatherspoon who is ideally suited for the 3-4 Mack position we could then move Timmons to the Buck as Farrior's replacement.

Quote Originally Posted by hawaiiansteel

if we drafted Weatherspoon who is ideally suited for the 3-4 Mack position we could then move Timmons to the Buck as Farrior's replacement.

Absolutely...but I wouldn't be so quick to do so. I think Fox is the real deal. Fox is physical enough to play the mack at a high level. I don't think we need to spend a high pick on an ILB. I would rather grab some depth later and either beef up our secondary or DL personally.

Quote Originally Posted by hawaiiansteel

Absolutely...but I wouldn't be so quick to do so. I think Fox is the real deal. Fox is physical enough to play the mack at a high level. I don't think we need to spend a high pick on an ILB. I would rather grab some depth later and either beef up our secondary or DL personally.

I like the idea, I thought Fox played very well when he was given the chance. If he can start at the Mack we could then move Timmons over to his more natural Buck position as Farrior's eventual replacement and not have to burn an early draft choice on an ILB.