Page 3 of 7 FirstFirst 12345 ... LastLast

Thread: 2010 Steelers' first three rounds draft picks set

Re: 2010 Steelers' first three rounds draft picks set

If we draft a running back in the 1st round regardless of if it's spiller or not, i will shut down this site then jump off the tallest bridge I can find.

You can find quality backs later in the draft. VERY good quality. I don't care if you have AP back there, if the o-line can't run block, it doesn't matter.

In addition, Arians can't utilize the weapons we have now, let alone another running back. That was very apparent last year wasn't it? Mendenhall didn't even see the carries that he should have let alone FWP rotating in more often.

We need a quality backup, not a first round RB. Complete waste of a draft pick in my opinion.

Hall of Famer

Quote Originally Posted by Oviedo
    That would equate to:

#18 in Round 1: CJ Spiller, RB, Clemson
    #52 in Round 2 (Trade up): Brandon Spikes, ILB, Florida
    #82 in Round 3: Larry Asante, S, Nebraska

All we have heard is running the ball more this season. Guess what. You need running backs to do that. We have one. Spiller would be absolutely awesome in all phase of the offensive game plus special teams.
    Asante would help on special teams, but if Troy is healthy, he'll never see the field as he is a SS only.
    Even if Bill Belichick was getting an atomic wedgie, his face would look exactly the same.

[quote=Mister Pittsburgh]
    Quote Originally Posted by "Mister Pittsburgh":1icmzw7c
    Quote Originally Posted by hawaiiansteel
    Steelers will have overall picks:

#18 in Round 1
    #52 in Round 2
    #82 in Round 3

Picks in rounds 4-7 to be determined by compensatory picks which are usually announced in late March.
    18+32=50 so why are we saying 52? It would be 18-50-82....wouldn't it?
    Because we are tied with a group three other teams (can'rt recall who) and of those teams we get the first pick in Round 1 and then in Round 2 we drop to the third pick of that group and in Round 3 we get the second pick of that group of three teams.
    Seems like BS. Use the tie breakers same you would for the playoffs.[/quote:1icmzw7c]

this is the order for the first two rounds:

First round

1 St. Louis
    2 Detroit
    3 Tampa Bay
    4 Washington
    5 Kansas City
    6 Seattle
    7 Cleveland
    8 Oakland
    9 Buffalo
    10/11 Jacksonville
    10/11 Denver (from Chicago)
    12 Miami
    13 San Francisco
    14 Seattle (from Denver)
    15 New York Giants
    16/17 Tennessee
    16/17 San Francisco (from Carolina)
    18 Pittsburgh
    19/20 Atlanta
    19/20 Houston
    21 Cincinnati
    22 New England
    23 Green Bay
    24 Philadelphia
    25 Baltimore
    26 Arizona
    27 Dallas
    28 San Diego
    29 New York Jets
    30 Minnesota
    31P New Orleans
    32P Indianapolis

Second round

33 St. Louis
    34 Detroit
    35 Tampa Bay
    36 Kansas City
    37 Washington
    38 Cleveland
    39 Oakland
    40 Seattle
    41 Buffalo
    42/44 New England (from Jacksonville)
    43 Miami
    42/44 Tampa Bay (from Chicago)
    45 Denver
    46 New York Giants
    47/48 Carolina
    47/48 New England (from Tennessee)
    49 San Francisco
    50/51 Kansas City (from Atlanta)
    50/51 Houston
    52 Pittsburgh
    53 New England
    54 Cincinnati
    55 Philadelphia
    56 Green Bay
    57 Baltimore
    58 Arizona
    59 Dallas
    60 San Diego
    61 New York Jets
    62 Minnesota
    63P New Orleans
    64P Indianapolis

Legend

Quote Originally Posted by steelblood
    That would equate to:

All we have heard is running the ball more this season. Guess what. You need running backs to do that. We have one. Spiller would be absolutely awesome in all phase of the offensive game plus special teams.
    Asante would help on special teams, but if Troy is healthy, he'll never see the field as he is a SS only.
    Even if Troy was hurt, I doubt he would be trusted to play as a rookie in our defense.
    Playing Fantasy Football does not qualify you to be the in the front office or on the coaching staff of the Pittsburgh Steelers. They are professionals and you are not!

Where the Rubber Meets the Road (in NEPA)

Quote Originally Posted by steelblood
    That would equate to:

Even if Troy was hurt, I doubt he would be trusted to play as a rookie in our defense.
    Whew...thanks for reminding me...I almost forgot what your opinion was concerning rookies and a LeBeau defense. Why even suggest trading up for Spikes in round 2 and drafting Asante in round 3? We already know that they will never be able to play in "Saint" LeBeau's defense as a rookie, so why even bother drafting them if all that they will do is sit on the bench all year? We should just draft all offensive players every year, and just stock our defense with free agents, since they are the only ones who will be able to figure out this defensives playbook that is somewhere between "A Beautiful Mind" and "Good Will Hunting" in complexity.

Pro Bowler

Joking or not, this "don't draft this guy or that guy because they won't play as a rookie" is getting old. If we did that, we wouldn't have Woodley, Timmons, Troy, etc. and so on. This team builds with the future in mind.

Where the Rubber Meets the Road (in NEPA)

Quote Originally Posted by NW Steeler
    Joking or not, this "don't draft this guy or that guy because they won't play as a rookie" is getting old. If we did that, we wouldn't have Woodley, Timmons, Troy, etc. and so on. This team builds with the future in mind.
    That's a novel idea! Draft the best player! Not just the player who will be able to play the most starting one week 1 of his rookie season! You may be on to something there...

Pro Bowler

I have an innovative mind, what can I say??

Legend

Quote Originally Posted by RuthlessBurgher
    Quote Originally Posted by NW Steeler
    That's a novel idea! Draft the best player! Not just the player who will be able to play the most starting one week 1 of his rookie season! You may be on to something there...
    OK now you guys are confusing me. I've read nothing since the season ended that we have to draft a defensive player in Round 1 not the best player. So if CJ Spiller is available we can draft him because he is the best player or do we pass on the best player because he plays on offense or because we drafted a RB two years ago to get the potential best defensive player? Then again we really won't draft the best defensive player because he may not project into the 3-4 defense, e.g. 6'5" 260 lbs 4-3 DEs. Doesn't that mean we really aren't really taking the best player or even the best player on defense? I guess I'm just not smart enough to figure this out so I'll just trust that Troy and Aaron will be back and everything on the defense will be fixed by that alone.
    Playing Fantasy Football does not qualify you to be the in the front office or on the coaching staff of the Pittsburgh Steelers. They are professionals and you are not!

Hall of Famer

BPA available is dependent on our draft board, not necassarily mel kipers or your draft boards. for instant if the #1 qb was their we probably wouldn't draft him because on our board we probably wouldn't even have had him listed. I remember reading somewhere that Tomlin didn't even have mendenhall on our board because they expected him to be a top 15 pick.
    http://jeromiandbrittany.blogspot.com/

Earn Some Bitcoins

PBMining

http://www.qoinpro.com/91f8fc96f7dfd461f6483ab3950deccc

I am paying for my honeymoon using bitcoins.
    1PQsjF9rQqEWF8RfPzczyqCW6ULu1nZ3iu