Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Thread: Players I'm ok with at 18

Legend

User Info Menu

Re: Players I'm ok with at 18

Quote Originally Posted by NJ-STEELER
    i saw kyle wilson at 19 in SI Bank's latest mock.

the closer we get to the combine, i think we might see more corners sneak into the 1st round. with the way offenses are throwing the ball, there will always be need.

i dont know if we'll see 3 guys picked for the secondary, but tyco and townsnd shouldn't be back.
    clark s a UFA and troy is coming off an injury. bunett and gay are 5th rd picks. not really the guys you count on to lock a position down. if they can help...great. muc more likely they accomplish zero in the pros,

i'll be disappointed if we dont at least take a CB and FS in the draft
    You might just be right- and looking at the backgrounds of the Steelers CB's, the idea of drafting Patrick Robinson at #18 doesn't look so bad to Chadman...
    The people that are trying to make the world worse never take a day off, why should I?

Light up the darkness.

2024 Draft
    1. Darius Robinson DT
    2. Malachi Corley WR
    3. Mike Sainristil CB
    3. Beaux Limmer OC
    4. Jordan Travis QB
    6. Travis Glover OT
    7. Josh Proctor S

Legend

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by Chadman
    Players Chadman would be 'OK' with at #18...

NT Terrence Cody
    NT Dan Williams
    CB Patrick Robinson
    FS Taylor Mays
    FS Earl Thomas
    LB Sean Weatherspoon
    RB C.J. Spiller
    DE Carlos Dunlap
    DE Jared Odrick

Chadman could live with an OT, so long as they are not a long-term project. Iupati is an OG. An OG! He's not worthy of #18. Besides, the Steelers OL is young enough- unless you are talking Center. No Center is 1st round worthy, so Chadman would look to avoid the OL in Round 1.

If Hampton is re-signed, the Steelers could let NT slip into the middle rounds. If Ryan Clark is re-signed, the Steelers could let FS slip into the middle rounds. If either are not re-signed, both positions become Chadman's #1 priority.

Farrior is getting old, so if NT & FS are filled with veterans, Weatherspoon becomes a high priority draft choice.

The Steelers committed to getting younger on the DL, if Weatherspoon has been drafted, then Dunlap or Odrick are viable options.

CB is a need for this team, and if Patrick Robinson is on the board at #18, there is little doubt he's an upgrade on what the Steelers are offering so far.

If the Steelers, however, feel they can fill all these needs without spending a #1 pick on them, CJ Spiller has 'instant impact' ability, and upgrades the Steelers offence & ST automatically.
    I'm ok with that list except for Mays. You know the man can't play FS...where do you want him to play with his questionable coverage skills?
    Trolls are people too.

Legend

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by Shawn

NT Terrence Cody
    NT Dan Williams
    CB Patrick Robinson
    FS Taylor Mays
    FS Earl Thomas
    LB Sean Weatherspoon
    RB C.J. Spiller
    DE Carlos Dunlap
    DE Jared Odrick

Chadman could live with an OT, so long as they are not a long-term project. Iupati is an OG. An OG! He's not worthy of #18. Besides, the Steelers OL is young enough- unless you are talking Center. No Center is 1st round worthy, so Chadman would look to avoid the OL in Round 1.

If Hampton is re-signed, the Steelers could let NT slip into the middle rounds. If Ryan Clark is re-signed, the Steelers could let FS slip into the middle rounds. If either are not re-signed, both positions become Chadman's #1 priority.

Farrior is getting old, so if NT & FS are filled with veterans, Weatherspoon becomes a high priority draft choice.

The Steelers committed to getting younger on the DL, if Weatherspoon has been drafted, then Dunlap or Odrick are viable options.

CB is a need for this team, and if Patrick Robinson is on the board at #18, there is little doubt he's an upgrade on what the Steelers are offering so far.

If the Steelers, however, feel they can fill all these needs without spending a #1 pick on them, CJ Spiller has 'instant impact' ability, and upgrades the Steelers offence & ST automatically.
    I'm ok with that list except for Mays. You know the man can't play FS...where do you want him to play with his questionable coverage skills?
    Play him as the FS. His coverage skills are no worse than Ryan Clark's proved to be this year, but he's faster, bigger, stronger & far more intimidating.

Didn't Troy Polamalu have a knock on his coverage skills coming out of college?

Answer this question- with Mays & Polamalu at Safety, which WR is coming over the middle against the Steelers with any confidence?
    The people that are trying to make the world worse never take a day off, why should I?

Light up the darkness.

2024 Draft
    1. Darius Robinson DT
    2. Malachi Corley WR
    3. Mike Sainristil CB
    3. Beaux Limmer OC
    4. Jordan Travis QB
    6. Travis Glover OT
    7. Josh Proctor S

Legend

User Info Menu

what about playing mays at SS and put troy at FS

Legend

User Info Menu

NT Terrence Cody
    NT Dan Williams
    CB Patrick Robinson
    FS Taylor Mays
    FS Earl Thomas
    LB Sean Weatherspoon
    RB C.J. Spiller
    DE Carlos Dunlap
    DE Jared Odrick

Play him as the FS. His coverage skills are no worse than Ryan Clark's proved to be this year, but he's faster, bigger, stronger & far more intimidating.

Answer this question- with Mays & Polamalu at Safety, which WR is coming over the middle against the Steelers with any confidence?

I don't know Chadman...Mays was frequently out of position...doesn't turn well. He is the anthony smith of coverage not Clark. I will grant you the guy is a missle...very troy like around the LOS. But, I just couldn't pull the trigger on him...too many question marks in my book.
    Trolls are people too.

Legend

User Info Menu

NT Terrence Cody
    NT Dan Williams
    CB Patrick Robinson
    FS Taylor Mays
    FS Earl Thomas
    LB Sean Weatherspoon
    RB C.J. Spiller
    DE Carlos Dunlap
    DE Jared Odrick

I don't know Chadman...Mays was frequently out of position...doesn't turn well. He is the anthony smith of coverage not Clark. I will grant you the guy is a missle...very troy like around the LOS. But, I just couldn't pull the trigger on him...too many question marks in my book.
    That's a fair call Shawn. As you can see from Chadman's sig, he's not the #1 choice for Chadman either..

Light up the darkness.

2024 Draft
    1. Darius Robinson DT
    2. Malachi Corley WR
    3. Mike Sainristil CB
    3. Beaux Limmer OC
    4. Jordan Travis QB
    6. Travis Glover OT
    7. Josh Proctor S

Legend

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by NJ-STEELER
    i saw kyle wilson at 19 in SI Bank's latest mock.

the closer we get to the combine, i think we might see more corners sneak into the 1st round. with the way offenses are throwing the ball, there will always be need.

i dont know if we'll see 3 guys picked for the secondary, but tyco and townsnd shouldn't be back.
    clark s a UFA and troy is coming off an injury. bunett and gay are 5th rd picks. not really the guys you count on to lock a position down. if they can help...great. muc more likely they accomplish zero in the pros,

i'll be disappointed if we dont at least take a CB and FS in the draft
    You might just be right- and looking at the backgrounds of the Steelers CB's, the idea of drafting Patrick Robinson at #18 doesn't look so bad to Chadman...
    Don't like Patrick Robinson at #18 whatsoever. After Joe Haden there is a big gap (a lot of 2nd-3rd round guys, but no other true #1 prospects). And I like Donovan Warren, Brandon Ghee, Kyle Wilson, and Perrish Cox more than Robinson.
    Steeler teams featuring stat-driven, me-first, fantasy-football-darling diva types such as Antonio Brown & Le'Veon Bell won no championships.

Super Bowl winning Steeler teams were built around a dynamic, in-your-face defense plus blue-collar, hard-hitting, no-nonsense football players on offense such as Hines Ward & Jerome Bettis.

We don't want Juju & Conner to replace what we lost in Brown & Bell.

We are counting on Juju & Conner to return us to the glory we once had with Hines & The Bus.

Hall of Famer

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by Mister Pittsburgh
    I'm going to say no to Graham. He doesn't really fit what we do. He isn't big enough for a 3-4 DE...could probably play OLB but we have to great starters. We would have to move him inside where he has zero experience. I'm not sure I want to wait 3 seasons for him to learn a new position.
    I have a feeling this dude could adjust to ILB. He flat out showed he can play football. If our defensive coaches, Lebeau, are so great, then coach him up.
    I think he can as well...but look at Timmons. He is loaded with talent but it took him 3 seasons to adjust and you can tell he still isn't playing where he should be playing which is on the outside. I don't want another project.
    Would our defense be weaker overall or stronger if you moved Harrison to ILB and Graham would be outside? Tought to say move a pro bowl OLB inside but it just may make our entire defense stronger.
    @_Hellgrammite

Pro Bowler

User Info Menu

[quote=Mister Pittsburgh]
    Quote Originally Posted by "Mister Pittsburgh":2lfgnn38
    I'm going to say no to Graham. He doesn't really fit what we do. He isn't big enough for a 3-4 DE...could probably play OLB but we have to great starters. We would have to move him inside where he has zero experience. I'm not sure I want to wait 3 seasons for him to learn a new position.
    I have a feeling this dude could adjust to ILB. He flat out showed he can play football. If our defensive coaches, Lebeau, are so great, then coach him up.
    I think he can as well...but look at Timmons. He is loaded with talent but it took him 3 seasons to adjust and you can tell he still isn't playing where he should be playing which is on the outside. I don't want another project.
    Would our defense be weaker overall or stronger if you moved Harrison to ILB and Graham would be outside? Tought to say move a pro bowl OLB inside but it just may make our entire defense stronger.[/quote:2lfgnn38]
    It may have been mentioned on the board before, but I was thinking the same thing. But, I don't think I would want to spend my first round choice on something that might work.

Hall of Famer

User Info Menu

First of all doesnt it sound a little narrow-sided to base a like or dislike for a certain player based on what they did in the Senior Bowl game??

As far as thinking that Brandon Graham would play inside that really isnt the type of player that he is. He is a DE in 4-3 or maybe an OLB in a 3-4. Most of what he has done in college was playing with a hand down. He is an instinct speed rusher who I dont think would be able to make the transition to inside, standing up, and having to read and react. Can he stack and shed? Can he fill and take on a block? I think that would be asking him to play away from his strength.

Perrish Cox is one of my favorites however I do not believe he is worthy of the 18th pick..let alone a late first round. I see him as a second rounder.

I do not care what Iupati did in the Senior Bowl. He is the most dominatating O-lineman in this entire draft.
    Steelers 2015 Draft???....Go Freak! As in....

1-Bernardrick McKinney MLB Mississippi State 6 ft 5 250 4.5 40 yard dash