Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst ... 234

Thread: Players I'm ok with at 18

Legend

User Info Menu

Re: Players I'm ok with at 18

We won't move a pro bowl OLB to the inside to make room for a rookie. It won't happen. Now, moving Timmons to the outside is a remote possibility. Still creates a need on the inside.
    Trolls are people too.

Hall of Famer

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by BigRob
    These are a few of the players that I would be ok with at 18 at this point. Feel free to post yours, etc...

Earl Thomas
    Taylor Mays
    Bryan Bulaga
    Mike Iupati
    Jared Odrick
    Brandon Graham
    Mclain (Really not Likely)
    Brandon Spikes
    Trent Williams
    C.J. Spiller
    Dan Williams
    Kyle Wilson
    Perrish Cox
    BTW...put me on the record as saying I am not on board with drafting an OLB (Graham, Kindle, or Weaetherspoon) with the 18th pick, when there are already two dominating OLB already in the Steelers starting line up. And also i'm not on board with drafting a player at a position that will result in minimal contribution for his rookie year and more than likely not having a chance of being the starter in his second year--C.J. Spiller. Makes no sense no matter how good that player is.
    Steelers 2015 Draft???....Go Freak! As in....

1-Bernardrick McKinney MLB Mississippi State 6 ft 5 250 4.5 40 yard dash

Pro Bowler

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by Dee Dub
    These are a few of the players that I would be ok with at 18 at this point. Feel free to post yours, etc...

Earl Thomas
    Taylor Mays
    Bryan Bulaga
    Mike Iupati
    Jared Odrick
    Brandon Graham
    Brandon Spikes
    Trent Williams
    C.J. Spiller
    Dan Williams
    Kyle Wilson
    Perrish Cox
    BTW...put me on the record as saying I am not on board with drafting an OLB (Graham, Kindle, or Weaetherspoon) with the 18th pick, when there are already two dominating OLB already in the Steelers starting line up. And also i'm not on board with drafting a player at a position that will result in minimal contribution for his rookie year and more than likely not having a chance of being the starter in his second year--C.J. Spiller. Makes no sense no matter how good that player is.

I think Weatherspoon would kick inside for us....he has played both inside and outside.

Hall of Famer

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by steelerkeylargo
    Quote Originally Posted by Dee Dub

Earl Thomas
    Taylor Mays
    Bryan Bulaga
    Mike Iupati
    Jared Odrick
    Brandon Graham
    Brandon Spikes
    Trent Williams
    C.J. Spiller
    Dan Williams
    Kyle Wilson
    Perrish Cox

I think Weatherspoon would kick inside for us....he has played both inside and outside.

So you would want to have two guys inside (Weatherspoon and Timmons),who are both better suited for playing outside?? Not me!!!!
    Steelers 2015 Draft???....Go Freak! As in....

1-Bernardrick McKinney MLB Mississippi State 6 ft 5 250 4.5 40 yard dash

Legend

User Info Menu

[quote=Dee Dub]
    Quote Originally Posted by steelerkeylargo
    Quote Originally Posted by "Dee Dub":dk1ui2bh

Earl Thomas
    Taylor Mays
    Bryan Bulaga
    Mike Iupati
    Jared Odrick
    Brandon Graham
    Brandon Spikes
    Trent Williams
    C.J. Spiller
    Dan Williams
    Kyle Wilson
    Perrish Cox

So you would want to have two guys inside (Weatherspoon and Timmons),who are both better suited for playing outside?? Not me!!!! [/quote:dk1ui2bh]

I saw an interview with Weatherspoon during the Senior Bowl game and he said scouts have told him that he projects as a weakside OLB in a 4-3 scheme and the Inside Mike LB in a 3-4.
    Steel Maniac's Time-Based Prediction: Lamar Jackson will be a bust and total flop in the NFL.

What Actually Happened: Lamar Jackson became the youngest two-time NFL MVP winner ever.

Gloat gloat gloat

Boom........

My IT guy...
    Hahahahahahaha

Pro Bowler

User Info Menu

i want no DB at 18 whatsoever unless it's Haden which is very very unlikely. If they have to get one other then Haden then make it Earl Thomas.

Do NOT want a DE with 18 either. Most DE's are rated on there pass rushing ability. This is next to useless for us since our de's are gap pluggers and blocker occupiers who make it possible for our LB's to make the plays. These can be had in later rounds imo. In fact Ziggy's talents may be wasted in our d schemes considering my opinion mentioned here, though I have faith that lebeau sees a players particular strengths and will work his schemes to highlight these. We could have taken mauluga with that pick and taken a big body later maybe? Though I'd be lieing if I didn't tell you I did not want rey at the time since I assumed all the other teams that passed on him saw something I didn't

I'm not a draftnik or college ball follower so little point in me dropping lots of names. Sooo, I would take:
    a top 2-3 OT (or maybe even 4 OT?)
    the top center (Pouncey sp?),
    the top guard (Iupati though what's this about being a holding machine?)
    a top 2 NT (Cody, Williams)

After that my wants drop way down to a
    top saftey (based on their descriptions, I'd want Earl Thomas over Mays since it sounds like he has more ball hawking/playmaking skills ala Ed Reed)
    top 3 ILB (no idea who that might be?)

Legend

User Info Menu

I'm fine with the Steelers drafting anyone that does not play offense or special teams in the first round.

Pappy

1.20 - JC Latham, OT, Alabama
    2.51 - Xavier leggette, WR, South Carolina
    3.84 - Sedrick Van-Pran Granger, OC, Georgia
    3.98 - Andru Phillips, CB, Kentucky
    4.119 - Maason Smith, DT, LSU
    7.178 -
    7.195 -

"Football is a physical game, well, it used to be anyways" - Mel Blount