Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Thread: Players I'm ok with at 18

Re: Players I'm ok with at 18

Also thought Ciron Black had a very good game and week. I think he moved back into the second round and would be a great pick if we don't go OT in the first.
    Trade our 1/15 to SF for 1/30, 2/56, 4/129

1/30-Louis Nix-DT-ND
    2/46-Stephon Tuitt-DE-ND
    2/56-Jordan Mathews-WR-Vandy
    3/97-Phillip Gaines-CB-Rice
    4/118-Taylor Hart-DE-Oregon
    4/129-Lache Seastrunk-RB-Baylor
    5/157-Aaron Colvin-DB-Oklahoma
    5/173-Brandon Thomas-OL-Clemson
    6/192-Ka'Deem Carey-RB-Arizona
    6/215-Prince Shembo-OLB_Notre Dame
    7/230-Colt Lyerla-TE-Oregon

Hall of Famer Mister Pittsburgh's Avatar

didn't like seeing that DB Aeranos or however you spell his name get burnt by that little WR for a TD.
    @_Hellgrammite

Where the Rubber Meets the Road (in NEPA)

Quote Originally Posted by Mister Pittsburgh
    didn't like seeing that DB Aeranos or however you spell his name get burnt by that little WR for a TD.
    Javier Arenas is no giant himself (he's listed at 5'9").

I'm going to say no to Graham. He doesn't really fit what we do. He isn't big enough for a 3-4 DE...could probably play OLB but we have to great starters. We would have to move him inside where he has zero experience. I'm not sure I want to wait 3 seasons for him to learn a new position.

Hall of Famer Mister Pittsburgh's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Shawn
    I'm going to say no to Graham. He doesn't really fit what we do. He isn't big enough for a 3-4 DE...could probably play OLB but we have to great starters. We would have to move him inside where he has zero experience. I'm not sure I want to wait 3 seasons for him to learn a new position.
    I have a feeling this dude could adjust to ILB. He flat out showed he can play football. If our defensive coaches, Lebeau, are so great, then coach him up.
    @_Hellgrammite

At 18 I'd be OK with:

Earl Thomas

Jared Odrick

Mclain (Really not Likely)

Dan Williams

Sean Weatherspoon

with my top two being Williams and Odrick. If Hampton is signed then Odrick is my top choice.

Quote Originally Posted by Mister Pittsburgh
    Quote Originally Posted by Shawn
    I have a feeling this dude could adjust to ILB. He flat out showed he can play football. If our defensive coaches, Lebeau, are so great, then coach him up.
    I think he can as well...but look at Timmons. He is loaded with talent but it took him 3 seasons to adjust and you can tell he still isn't playing where he should be playing which is on the outside. I don't want another project.

Legend
    Brisbane, Queensland, Australia, Australia

Players Chadman would be 'OK' with at #18...

NT Terrence Cody
    NT Dan Williams
    CB Patrick Robinson
    FS Taylor Mays
    FS Earl Thomas
    LB Sean Weatherspoon
    RB C.J. Spiller
    DE Carlos Dunlap
    DE Jared Odrick

Chadman could live with an OT, so long as they are not a long-term project. Iupati is an OG. An OG! He's not worthy of #18. Besides, the Steelers OL is young enough- unless you are talking Center. No Center is 1st round worthy, so Chadman would look to avoid the OL in Round 1.

If Hampton is re-signed, the Steelers could let NT slip into the middle rounds. If Ryan Clark is re-signed, the Steelers could let FS slip into the middle rounds. If either are not re-signed, both positions become Chadman's #1 priority.

Farrior is getting old, so if NT & FS are filled with veterans, Weatherspoon becomes a high priority draft choice.

The Steelers committed to getting younger on the DL, if Weatherspoon has been drafted, then Dunlap or Odrick are viable options.

CB is a need for this team, and if Patrick Robinson is on the board at #18, there is little doubt he's an upgrade on what the Steelers are offering so far.

If the Steelers, however, feel they can fill all these needs without spending a #1 pick on them, CJ Spiller has 'instant impact' ability, and upgrades the Steelers offence & ST automatically.
    Schiavone's Race Career:

Starts- 9
    Wins- 1
    2nd- 4
    3rd- 0
    Other- 4

Prizemoney- $28,050.00

I loved Levon Kirkland and Graham would certainly fit that mold. I just don't know that a man that size playing ILB will work in todays game.
    Trade our 1/15 to SF for 1/30, 2/56, 4/129

1/30-Louis Nix-DT-ND
    2/46-Stephon Tuitt-DE-ND
    2/56-Jordan Mathews-WR-Vandy
    3/97-Phillip Gaines-CB-Rice
    4/118-Taylor Hart-DE-Oregon
    4/129-Lache Seastrunk-RB-Baylor
    5/157-Aaron Colvin-DB-Oklahoma
    5/173-Brandon Thomas-OL-Clemson
    6/192-Ka'Deem Carey-RB-Arizona
    6/215-Prince Shembo-OLB_Notre Dame
    7/230-Colt Lyerla-TE-Oregon

Hall of Famer

i saw kyle wilson at 19 in SI Bank's latest mock.

the closer we get to the combine, i think we might see more corners sneak into the 1st round. with the way offenses are throwing the ball, there will always be need.

i dont know if we'll see 3 guys picked for the secondary, but tyco and townsnd shouldn't be back.
    clark s a UFA and troy is coming off an injury. bunett and gay are 5th rd picks. not really the guys you count on to lock a position down. if they can help...great. muc more likely they accomplish zero in the pros,

i'll be disappointed if we dont at least take a CB and FS in the draft