Page 1 of 4 123 ... LastLast

Thread: Either change the defensive scheme or: 1st pick=Troys repla

Legend

User Info Menu

Either change the defensive scheme or: 1st pick=Troys repla

...ment.

We sucked without Troy this year. Unless something changes, that means next year we're one injury/play away from sucking as well. I'm not a draftnik, and didn't even stay in a Holiday Inn Express, but this seems like the most obvious statement concerning our playoff possibilities next year - fix what was wrong when Troy went out.

Dumb idea?

We got our "6-PACK" - time to work on a CASE!

HERE WE GO STEELERS, HERE WE GO!

Starter

User Info Menu

Re: Either change the defensive scheme or: 1st pick=Troys repla

I get your point, but

who are you going to draft to replace Troy... no matter where you pick??

You might as well say- you know what... after watching the secondary's failing this past season... I think they should finally draft someone to replace Rod Woodson.

Legend

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by ANPSTEEL
    I get your point, but

Clone him now. Draft Troy 2.0 in the early 2030's.
    Steeler teams featuring stat-driven, me-first, fantasy-football-darling diva types such as Antonio Brown & Le'Veon Bell won no championships.

Super Bowl winning Steeler teams were built around a dynamic, in-your-face defense plus blue-collar, hard-hitting, no-nonsense football players on offense such as Hines Ward & Jerome Bettis.

We don't want Juju & Conner to replace what we lost in Brown & Bell.

We are counting on Juju & Conner to return us to the glory we once had with Hines & The Bus.

Legend

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by SanAntonioSteelerFan
    ...ment.

We sucked without Troy this year. Unless something changes, that means next year we're one injury/play away from sucking as well. I'm not a draftnik, and didn't even stay in a Holiday Inn Express, but this seems like the most obvious statement concerning our playoff possibilities next year - fix what was wrong when Troy went out.

Dumb idea?
    Don't sweat it. Aaron and Troy will be back and everything will be fine on the defensive side of the ball. No need to critically evaluate the defensive scheme with an open mind. St. LeBeau has it all figured out.

No problems. If Troy gets hurt again, LeBeau will just make the adjustments he did this season
    "My team, may they always be right, but right or wrong...MY TEAM!"

Starter

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by RuthlessBurgher
    I get your point, but

done

Legend

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by RuthlessBurgher
    I get your point, but

done
    Wow...that was quick. I guess it was easy obtaining a hair sample to get his DNA.
    Steeler teams featuring stat-driven, me-first, fantasy-football-darling diva types such as Antonio Brown & Le'Veon Bell won no championships.

Super Bowl winning Steeler teams were built around a dynamic, in-your-face defense plus blue-collar, hard-hitting, no-nonsense football players on offense such as Hines Ward & Jerome Bettis.

We don't want Juju & Conner to replace what we lost in Brown & Bell.

We are counting on Juju & Conner to return us to the glory we once had with Hines & The Bus.

Hall of Famer

User Info Menu

I Don't think it's a bad idea to draft troy's replacement now. hell they can play together for the next 4-5 years and we can have a great secondary. not a bad idea at all.

Legend

User Info Menu

I get your point, but

You might as well say- you know what... after watching the secondary's failing this past season... I think they should finally draft someone to replace Rod Woodson.
    Thomas doesn't have Troy ability but he would make a dayum good replacement. He can play SS or FS. Even if we sign Clark...we have our safeties locked up tight injury or no injury.
    Trolls are people too.

Hall of Famer

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by Oviedo
    Quote Originally Posted by SanAntonioSteelerFan
    ...ment.

Dumb idea?
    Don't sweat it. Aaron and Troy will be back and everything will be fine on the defensive side of the ball. No need to critically evaluate the defensive scheme with an open mind. St. LeBeau has it all figured out.

No problems. If Troy gets hurt again, LeBeau will just make the adjustments he did this season
    Dude, don't contribute to the suicide rate in Steeler Nation.
    Even if Bill Belichick was getting an atomic wedgie, his face would look exactly the same.

Legend

User Info Menu

I've got news for you...just having Troy, or a player just like him, back in the lineup is NOT going to cure all of the ills on this defense (not that it would be a bad idea to have another safety of his caliber to step in). There are needs at CB, ILB, and on the DL as well. How about fixing some of those needs, too?