Page 13 of 15 FirstFirst ... 31112131415 LastLast

Thread: Give me Roethlisberger over Manning

Legend

User Info Menu

Re: Give me Roethlisberger over Manning

Quote Originally Posted by SanAntonioSteelerFan
    Quote Originally Posted by eniparadoxgma
    Quote Originally Posted by Shawn
    I think that was very tame compared to your response to me. How cerebral can a man be who uses the term pillow biter? It's ok bro...you didn't hurt my feelings. How about we just stick to discussing football and keep the personal ish out of our discussions?
    I would like to make a point here. Dispute this if you can.

Using terms such as "pillow-biter", cussing, etc and being cerebral are not mutually exclusive...at all. They actually don't have much to do with one another. If you think I can't say everything I said without such terminology you'd be wrong. If you think only someone that isn't "cerebral" or whatever you're going for here wouldn't use such terminology you'd be wrong...

Don't really see the whole thing about not using some parts of the language when you find them more than satisfactory for what you are using them for...

Oh well.
    Except - what does "pillow biter" mean? You don't have to answer if typing it out is just not worth the fuss!

Signed -

It's dark in this cave!
    Think doggy style...except with 2 men.

Legend

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by stlrz d
    Quote Originally Posted by SanAntonioSteelerFan
    I think that was very tame compared to your response to me. How cerebral can a man be who uses the term pillow biter? It's ok bro...you didn't hurt my feelings. How about we just stick to discussing football and keep the personal ish out of our discussions?
    I would like to make a point here. Dispute this if you can.

Using terms such as "pillow-biter", cussing, etc and being cerebral are not mutually exclusive...at all. They actually don't have much to do with one another. If you think I can't say everything I said without such terminology you'd be wrong. If you think only someone that isn't "cerebral" or whatever you're going for here wouldn't use such terminology you'd be wrong...

Don't really see the whole thing about not using some parts of the language when you find them more than satisfactory for what you are using them for...

Oh well.
    Except - what does "pillow biter" mean? You don't have to answer if typing it out is just not worth the fuss!

Signed -

It's dark in this cave!
    Think doggy style...except with 2 men.

I think I'm glad you're photobucket account is expired ....

We got our "6-PACK" - time to work on a CASE!

HERE WE GO STEELERS, HERE WE GO!

Pro Bowler

User Info Menu

If I have to explain to you why it appears to be less than cerebral to use terms which slam those of a different sexual orientation than yourself...then I don't know what to say. I never met an intellectual who needed to use those kinds of terms to establish a point.
    Well, we're still going off-topic but I'll explain.

Whether or not it "appears to be less cerebral" is irrelevant. The point is that it isn't and that the two things aren't mutually exclusive in any way, shape, or form.

Why are you saying I "needed" to use those kinds of terms? I already explained that I didn't. However, I believe the situation more than warranted it...

Or to perhaps put it more bluntly: Insults are insults whether or not they're back-handed and in posts to other people or if they're in huge pictures with blazing words.

I prefer to be blunt.
    <a href=http://www.planetsteelers.com/forums/image.php?type=sigpic&userid=6892&dateline=1331316420 target=_blank>http://www.planetsteelers.com/forums...ine=1331316420</a>

Legend

User Info Menu

If I have to explain to you why it appears to be less than cerebral to use terms which slam those of a different sexual orientation than yourself...then I don't know what to say. I never met an intellectual who needed to use those kinds of terms to establish a point.

Whether or not it "appears to be less cerebral" is irrelevant. The point is that it isn't and that the two things aren't mutually exclusive in any way, shape, or form.

Why are you saying I "needed" to use those kinds of terms? I already explained that I didn't. However, I believe the situation more than warranted it...

Or to perhaps put it more bluntly: Insults are insults whether or not they're back-handed and in posts to other people or if they're in huge pictures with blazing words.

I prefer to be blunt.
    Fair enough. And as said in PM to you I will refrain from posting anything written by Dutch. I did think this was a good topic but eh life is too short to be engaging in drama over his articles. I hope we can at least finish this discussion before we put all things MSM to rest.
    Trolls are people too.

Legend

User Info Menu

I prefer to be blunt.
    Fair enough. And as said in PM to you I will refrain from posting anything written by Dutch. I did think this was a good topic but eh life is too short to be engaging in drama over his articles. I hope we can at least finish this discussion before we put all things MSM to rest.

Why would you refrain from posting anything that is thought-provoking? So what if not everyone agrees, isn't that what makes for an interesting discussion board?
    Steel Maniac's Time-Based Prediction: Lamar Jackson will be a bust and total flop in the NFL.

What Actually Happened: Lamar Jackson became the youngest two-time NFL MVP winner ever.

Gloat gloat gloat

Boom........

Hahahahahahaha

Legend

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by hawaiiansteel

I prefer to be blunt.

Why would you refrain from posting anything that is thought-provoking? So what if not everyone agrees, isn't that what makes for an interesting discussion board?
    I thought so...it's the reason I posted it. But, if all it's going to bring is drama...I don't any part of it.
    Trolls are people too.

Pro Bowler

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by SteelTorch
    Shawn, even though I too participated, I must ask that you refrain from posting any more of Dutch's articles or threads.

The guy may be smart, and he may post good football at times, but he is a douchebag, and he was banned from the board for that very reason. He cannot carry on a civilized debate with anyone he disagrees with.

Please do not let him worm his way back into our community by posting his stuff here. Kindly keep it somewhere else. Thanks.
    Torch...what is with the Dutch hate...he is a reporter...reporting about the Steelers. This was an article posted in the Herald. Here is the link if you don't believe me. So, why wouldn't you want to read articles from the Herald?

[url="http://www.heraldstandard.com/news_detail/article/1636/2010/february/02/are-steelers-being-fair-with-hampton.html"]http://www.heraldstandard.com/news_deta ... mpton.html[/url]

Now if you guys don't want me responding to defend his articles with his words I can understand that. The guy is banned. But, to say I can't post public articles written in the local paper because Dutch wrote it is over the top.
    You can post articles about the Steelers, just not ones from him. And you especially can't do it if he asks you to. THAT is a violation of board rules.

And he may be a reporter, I understand that, but he is also a jerkwad who was banned because he couldn't act civilized toward the other posters. Don't try to insult my intelligence by asking me "why I wouldn't want to read articles from the Herald." It's not the Herald, it's HIM, and we especially don't want you trying to worm your way into posting his stuff just because he writes for a newspaper. Now if you can't understand that, we can do one of two things: You can stop posting more of his stuff, or we could get the mods involved. It's your choice.

EDIT: well, it seems the situation is resolving itself. I'm glad we can all get along.

Legend

User Info Menu

Shawn, even though I too participated, I must ask that you refrain from posting any more of Dutch's articles or threads.

The guy may be smart, and he may post good football at times, but he is a douchebag, and he was banned from the board for that very reason. He cannot carry on a civilized debate with anyone he disagrees with.

Please do not let him worm his way back into our community by posting his stuff here. Kindly keep it somewhere else. Thanks.
    Torch...what is with the Dutch hate...he is a reporter...reporting about the Steelers. This was an article posted in the Herald. Here is the link if you don't believe me. So, why wouldn't you want to read articles from the Herald?

[url="http://www.heraldstandard.com/news_detail/article/1636/2010/february/02/are-steelers-being-fair-with-hampton.html"]http://www.heraldstandard.com/news_deta ... mpton.html[/url]

Now if you guys don't want me responding to defend his articles with his words I can understand that. The guy is banned. But, to say I can't post public articles written in the local paper because Dutch wrote it is over the top.
    You can post articles about the Steelers, just not ones from him. And you especially can't do it if he asks you to. THAT is a violation of board rules.

And he may be a reporter, I understand that, but he is also a jerkwad who was banned because he couldn't act civilized toward the other posters. Don't try to insult my intelligence by asking me "why I wouldn't want to read articles from the Herald." It's not the Herald, it's HIM, and we especially don't want you trying to worm your way into posting his stuff just because he writes for a newspaper. Now if you can't understand that, we can do one of two things: You can stop posting more of his stuff, or we could get the mods involved. It's your choice.

EDIT: well, it seems the situation is resolving itself. I'm glad we can all get along.
    Worm my way in? Come on man...don't demonize me. This post got alot of good discussion. Thats why I posted it. I'm not the guy's agent. If a few of you don't like his articles then I won't post em. And posting his articles are not a violation of board rules. I will refrain because I don't need the headache.
    Trolls are people too.

Pro Bowler

User Info Menu

I thought so...it's the reason I posted it. But, if all it's going to bring is drama...I don't any part of it.
    I was enjoying it...

Oh the irony of that statement, ST....

Pro Bowler

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by Jom112
    I was enjoying it...

Oh the irony of that statement, ST....
    I have no idea what you're talking about, Jom. :P