Page 14 of 15 FirstFirst ... 412131415 LastLast

Thread: Give me Roethlisberger over Manning

Hall of Famer

User Info Menu

Re: Give me Roethlisberger over Manning

Quote Originally Posted by Jom112
    Quote Originally Posted by Shawn
    I thought so...it's the reason I posted it. But, if all it's going to bring is drama...I don't any part of it.
    I was enjoying it...

Quote Originally Posted by SteelTorch
    You can post articles about the Steelers, just not ones from him. And you especially can't do it if he asks you to. THAT is a violation of board rules.
    Oh the irony of that statement, ST....
    Ben > Carson

As many on this site think ... The Rooney's suck, Colbert sucks, Tomlin sucks, the coaches suck, and the players suck.

but Go Steelers!!!

Hall of Famer

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by eniparadoxgma
    I think that was very tame compared to your response to me. How cerebral can a man be who uses the term pillow biter? It's ok bro...you didn't hurt my feelings. How about we just stick to discussing football and keep the personal ish out of our discussions?
    I would like to make a point here. Dispute this if you can.

Using terms such as "pillow-biter", cussing, etc and being cerebral are not mutually exclusive...at all. They actually don't have much to do with one another. If you think I can't say everything I said without such terminology you'd be wrong. If you think only someone that isn't "cerebral" or whatever you're going for here wouldn't use such terminology you'd be wrong...

Don't really see the whole thing about not using some parts of the language when you find them more than satisfactory for what you are using them for...

Oh well.
    If I have to explain to you why it appears to be less than cerebral to use terms which slam those of a different sexual orientation than yourself...then I don't know what to say. I never met an intellectual who needed to use those kinds of terms to establish a point.
    I get your point SMG, but I have to agree with enigma that being cerebral and playing in the verbal gutter are not mutually exclusive. As a matter of fact, I look at it as a balancing act. I never want to come off as too egg-headed or too stupid...so I always try to give people a little taste of both.

I understand the meaning of the term "pillow-biter" (unfortunately I do now), but not enough to know if it's an offensive slur to anyone who smokes the occasional pole. I can definitely see where it's a slam (literally, I guess) on a guy's masculinity, but you need to remember that those types of digs are inherently going to involve behaviors associated with women, boys, queers, and whimps. If a term is largely considered an inflammatory and derogatory way to refer to group of people, then you have a very valid point shawn. Just remember that not all references to homosexual or even feminine attributes should be interpreted as a negative slur. It's just the ultimate kick in the crotch for a guy to be ascribed less than manly qualities...and it's one of my favorite ways to bust my friends' balls.

Pro Bowler

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by Flasteel
    I think that was very tame compared to your response to me. How cerebral can a man be who uses the term pillow biter? It's ok bro...you didn't hurt my feelings. How about we just stick to discussing football and keep the personal ish out of our discussions?

Using terms such as "pillow-biter", cussing, etc and being cerebral are not mutually exclusive...at all. They actually don't have much to do with one another. If you think I can't say everything I said without such terminology you'd be wrong. If you think only someone that isn't "cerebral" or whatever you're going for here wouldn't use such terminology you'd be wrong...

Don't really see the whole thing about not using some parts of the language when you find them more than satisfactory for what you are using them for...

Oh well.
    If I have to explain to you why it appears to be less than cerebral to use terms which slam those of a different sexual orientation than yourself...then I don't know what to say. I never met an intellectual who needed to use those kinds of terms to establish a point.
    I get your point SMG, but I have to agree with enigma that being cerebral and playing in the verbal gutter are not mutually exclusive. As a matter of fact, I look at it as a balancing act. I never want to come off as too egg-headed or too stupid...so I always try to give people a little taste of both.

I understand the meaning of the term "pillow-biter" (unfortunately I do now), but not enough to know if it's an offensive slur to anyone who smokes the occasional pole. I can definitely see where it's a slam (literally, I guess) on a guy's masculinity, but you need to remember that those types of digs are inherently going to involve behaviors associated with women, boys, queers, and whimps. If a term is largely considered an inflammatory and derogatory way to refer to group of people, then you have a very valid point shawn. Just remember that not all references to homosexual or even feminine attributes should be interpreted as a negative slur. It's just the ultimate kick in the crotch for a guy to be ascribed less than manly qualities...and it's one of my favorite ways to bust my friends' balls.
    Wow. I actually never saw the enlarged text above.

As far as I know, SMG is married with kids and hetero. Therefore I wasn't using any derogatory terms towards people of different sexual orientation, nor did I intend to.

Just wanted to clarify that, as I hadn't even noticed it.
    <a href=http://www.planetsteelers.com/forums/image.php?type=sigpic&userid=6892&dateline=1331316420 target=_blank>http://www.planetsteelers.com/forums...ine=1331316420</a>

Legend

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by Flasteel

Oh well.

Hall of Famer

User Info Menu

Ahhhhh ..... Why not, I ask myself?... I know I shouldn't comment, but.....

Dutchy-poo is not a "Steelers reporter". He just simply comments and states his opinions which is no different than what many folks do on the board. There are other folks on here with a much greater knowledge (Oveido for one). He posts comments at a two-bit publication with the circulation less than that of your local community weekly flier tossed-out into the driveway over the weekends, and re-hashes the same on his small time radio show, regardless however "vaunted" reaches all of the 500 listeners within the 2-mile radius of the station unless they are on-line. He does not have the press credentials to get into anything of any relevence on property in Pgh. Thus, his rhetoric is nothing more than fodder for the weak-minded... Why do I say this?... It is because he is a pompous ass that thinks he's God's gift to the sports world when he is nothing more than a reject and a joke from Masontown Pa. ... Followers are sorta like the sheep that are easily "hearded" into whatever he wishes.... So very sad.

God, this thread has been some great cheap entertainment... Sure hope this post isn't deleted... LoL!

.... Anyway, I really don't care... Just a "drive-by" posting to stir the thought process.... LoL!

Hall of Famer

User Info Menu

well said NkY

Legend

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by NKySteeler
    Ahhhhh ..... Why not, I ask myself?... I know I shouldn't comment, but.....

Dutchy-poo is not a "Steelers reporter". He just simply comments and states his opinions which is no different than what many folks do on the board. There are other folks on here with a much greater knowledge (Oveido for one). He posts comments at a two-bit publication with the circulation less than that of your local community weekly flier tossed-out into the driveway over the weekends, and re-hashes the same on his small time radio show, regardless however "vaunted" reaches all of the 500 listeners within the 2-mile radius of the station unless they are on-line. He does not have the press credentials to get into anything of any relevence on property in Pgh. Thus, his rhetoric is nothing more than fodder for the weak-minded... Why do I say this?... It is because he is a pompous ass that thinks he's God's gift to the sports world when he is nothing more than a reject and a joke from Masontown Pa. ... Followers are sorta like the sheep that are easily "hearded" into whatever he wishes.... So very sad.

God, this thread has been some great cheap entertainment... Sure hope this post isn't deleted... LoL!

.... Anyway, I really don't care... Just a "drive-by" posting to stir the thought process.... LoL!
    I have no idea about the circulation of the paper he writes for but I know he interviewed Ben and Whisenhunt on his show. It's hard for me to believe they would have done that for a radio show with a 2 mile radius...but I guess stranger things have happened. Either way I guess it doesn't matter.
    Trolls are people too.

Pro Bowler

User Info Menu

I have no idea about the circulation of the paper he writes for but I know he interviewed Ben and Whisenhunt on his show. It's hard for me to believe they would have done that for a radio show with a 2 mile radius...but I guess stranger things have happened. Either way I guess it doesn't matter.
    I know nothing about Dutch's setup, but there are a couple of Bengals fans that run a message board similar to his one that have gotten dozens of Bengal and ex-Bengal players on their "radio" show. Which is basically just boardcasted online. They do it weekly and somehow keep getting guests on. I see the guy just sends messages via twitter to players and they agree to come on the show.

Apparently it's easier than it seems...

Legend

User Info Menu

Jom

That is quite possible. I don't believe Ben grants alot of local interviews so it's unusual for him. But, maybe he liked the stroking...who knows. Either way...I thought it was cool. Even when we disagree I enjoy reading his thoughts. I think if he had a better delivery and a thicker skin he would have thrived here. Guess he will either live, learn and better himself...or he will find himself banned on every Steeler site on the net.
    Trolls are people too.

Legend

User Info Menu

Jom

That is quite possible. I don't believe Ben grants alot of local interviews so it's unusual for him. But, maybe he liked the stroking...who knows. Either way...I thought it was cool. Even when we disagree I enjoy reading his thoughts. I think if he had a better delivery and a thicker skin he would have thrived here. Guess he will either live, learn and better himself...or he will find himself banned on every Steeler site on the net.
    You should have specified EGO-stroking. Because I'm sure such a sentence could be misconstrued to be stroking of another variety.
    Steeler teams featuring stat-driven, me-first, fantasy-football-darling diva types such as Antonio Brown & Le'Veon Bell won no championships.

Super Bowl winning Steeler teams were built around a dynamic, in-your-face defense plus blue-collar, hard-hitting, no-nonsense football players on offense such as Hines Ward & Jerome Bettis.

We don't want Juju & Conner to replace what we lost in Brown & Bell.

We are counting on Juju & Conner to return us to the glory we once had with Hines & The Bus.