Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst ... 234

Thread: Draftniks: What about these guys for NT?

Hall of Famer

User Info Menu

Re: Draftniks: What about these guys for NT?

my dream scenario is to get thomas at 1:18 and maybe move up a few spots in the 2nd and grab cody if he falls within striking range.

talk about getting stronger in the middle of the field.

Legend

User Info Menu

So what if we sign Snack and draft Cam Thomas later in the draft?

Legend

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by Eddie Spaghetti
    my dream scenario is to get thomas at 1:18 and maybe move up a few spots in the 2nd and grab cody if he falls within striking range.

I love the way you think...don't we have 4 round 5 picks this season? Thomas and Cody? Wow! I would be stoked.
    Trolls are people too.

Legend

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by stlrz d
    So what if we sign Snack and draft Cam Thomas later in the draft?
    Then move up and grab Pouncey. Oh yeah.
    Trolls are people too.

Legend

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by Shawn
    Quote Originally Posted by Eddie Spaghetti

I love the way you think...don't we have 4 round 5 picks this season? Thomas and Cody? Wow! I would be stoked.
    We will probably get 2 extra fifth rounders (for BMac and Nate) and maybe 1 extra seventh rounder (for Leftwich). However, those comp picks cannot be traded. It can make it easier to trade your other regular picks on day 3, though.
    Steeler teams featuring stat-driven, me-first, fantasy-football-darling diva types such as Antonio Brown & Le'Veon Bell won no championships.

Super Bowl winning Steeler teams were built around a dynamic, in-your-face defense plus blue-collar, hard-hitting, no-nonsense football players on offense such as Hines Ward & Jerome Bettis.

We don't want Juju & Conner to replace what we lost in Brown & Bell.

We are counting on Juju & Conner to return us to the glory we once had with Hines & The Bus.

Legend

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by Shoe
    Quote Originally Posted by Dee Dub
    But his weight/conditioning issues never once stopped him from dominating on the the football field. He was never ever blocked buy one man. It is impossible. And I think some of you should have watched a player first before you comment on him. Cody isnt 6 ft 1. He is 6 ft 5. And he was one of the most athletic players on the Alabama football team.

Jamal Williams who before getting hurt goes 6 ft 3 and is over 350. Yet he is as good as it gets in the NFL at NT in a 3-4. Shaun Rogers is 6 ft 4 and goes over 350.
    Oh my goodness... you have got to be kidding with that. True, it's pretty much impossible to move him in the run game. But in pass-rush, he is nothing at all to write home about.

And please note, his biggest strength is his "strength" (or more specifically, his mass). And relative to that, most of the guys he's going against in college are kids, and/or shirley not pro caliber. When he gets to the league, he will not be able to flat-out maul people like he could in college, simply because he was that much bigger.

Lastly, you mention Jamal Williams & Shaun Rogers and their girth. I'm gonna guess that both Jamal & Rogers did not come in to the league at that size. After maturing, it's only natural that you get beefier. For Cody, he is gonna come into the league at well over 350 lbs.
    How is he nothing in the pass rush game? His job is to take on two guys to open up one of the OLBs. He isn't supposed to get penetration unless they make the unfortunate mistake of trying to block him with one guy...which wont happen.
    Trolls are people too.