Page 1 of 4 123 ... LastLast

Thread: Draftniks: What about these guys for NT?

Legend

User Info Menu

Draftniks: What about these guys for NT?

[url="http://www.nfldraftscout.com/ratings/dsprofile.php?pyid=72899&draftyear=2010&genpos=DT"]http://www.nfldraftscout.com/ratings/ds ... &genpos=DT[/url]

Tennessee's Dan Williams has the wide, lower body that defensive line coaches are looking for in a potential nose tackle. His great strength and 6-2, 329-pound frame may not have earned the hype of Alabama's “Mount” Cody, but he's the more consistent player.
    [url="http://www.nfldraftscout.com/ratings/dsprofile.php?pyid=75016&draftyear=2010&genpos=DT"]http://www.nfldraftscout.com/ratings/ds ... &genpos=DT[/url]

Defensive tackle Cam Thomas (North Carolina) carried his 331 pounds well, although he did measure at a shade under 6-4. His strength at the point of attack stood out, as did that of Purdue's Mike Neal, who earned a late invite here with a good week at the East-West Shrine Game.
    Discuss....

Backup

User Info Menu

Re: Draftniks: What about these guys for NT?

Dan Williams is having a good game in the Senior Bowl after a solid week of practice. He has done a great job of clogging the middle and looks like a legit NT.

Legend

User Info Menu

Williams would be a nice addition to our DL.

Legend

User Info Menu

I thought Dan Williams was outstanding in today's Senior Bowl, in one series he knocked down a pass and then properly read a screen pass and covered the RB forcing the QB to throw it away. He looks extremely quick and is very active on every play.

If Casey Hampton proves impossible to sign to a long-term contract, Dan Williams could very well be Big Snack's future replacement.
    Steel Maniac's Time-Based Prediction: Lamar Jackson will be a bust and total flop in the NFL.

What Actually Happened: Lamar Jackson became the youngest two-time NFL MVP winner ever.

Gloat gloat gloat

Boom........

Hahahahahahaha

Legend

User Info Menu

i was trying to sneak in thomas somewhere in my

"not ready for prime time" mock

and neal too but switch to DE

Pro Bowler

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by hawaiiansteel
    I thought Dan Williams was outstanding in today's Senior Bowl, in one series he knocked down a pass and then properly read a screen pass and covered the RB forcing the QB to throw it away. He looks extremely quick and is very active on every play.

If Casey Hampton proves impossible to sign to a long-term contract, Dan Williams could very well be Big Snack's future replacement.
    I agree, Dan Williams had a heck of a game. He stood up Iupati a couple of times and did pretty well on double teams...

Legend

User Info Menu

Williams is a good option but will have to be picked in Round 1. Some other names to watch

1. Torrell Troup, 6'3" 315lbs, Central Florida (probably 3rd or 4th round pick)
    2. Demarcus Granger, 6'2" 325lbs, Oklahoma
    3. Jay Ross, 6'3", 315lbs, East Carolina
    4. Martin Tevaseau, 6'3" 340lbs, UNLV (probably late round pick or UDFA). Note: He is the second cousin of our own Frank "The Tank" Summers. Maybe if he slips through to UDFA that gives us an advantage.
    "My team, may they always be right, but right or wrong...MY TEAM!"

Legend

User Info Menu

I would be ok with Williams...but prefer Cody. Before I drafted either I would rather see us draft Thomas...and pick up Troup in the third.
    Trolls are people too.

Legend

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by Shawn
    I would be ok with Williams...but prefer Cody. Before I drafted either I would rather see us draft Thomas...and pick up Troup in the third.
    Anybody but Cody!!!
    "My team, may they always be right, but right or wrong...MY TEAM!"

Legend

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by Oviedo
    Quote Originally Posted by Shawn
    Anybody but Cody!!!
    I agree. If he has weight and conditioning issues as a college senior, it is only going to get worse once he has an NFL contract (and signing bonus).