Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Thread: Draftniks: What about these guys for NT?

Pro Bowler

User Info Menu

Re: Draftniks: What about these guys for NT?

Quote Originally Posted by SteelerNation1
    I think as soon as we sign Big Snack, Cody and Williams will be afterthoughts.
    That's a no-brainer. Still believe that we need to get Snacky's replacement in this draft. But I can definitely live with a NT pick 3rd Round or later when Hampton gets signed.
    Steelers...On The STAIRWAY TO SEVEN!!!
    http://img242.imageshack.us/img242/1...etsteelfk7.jpg
    ASIAN... thanks, brotha!

Hall of Famer

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by Shawn
    D...I tried to explain BMI and how his is similar to the most dominating NTs in the game. It fell on deaf ears.
    BMI is not a be all tell all when it comes to physical fitness. give you an example: guy 6"1 238 BMI was way off the charts clearly obese according to BMI yet, body fat percentage was less then 14% which is in the normal range. I about crapped myself when my doc told me that I was obese. I asked him where i should lose it from, since I nearly had a 6 pack...

Hall of Famer

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by SteelerNation1
    I think as soon as we sign Big Snack, Cody and Williams will be afterthoughts.
    Agreed...if we sign Hampton we won't draft either. We will wait and a grab 3-5 guy. I think we sign Hampton and this is a moot point.
    I agree, I think that we sign hampton and then look at a guy like troupe later on.

Legend

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by birtikidis
    D...I tried to explain BMI and how his is similar to the most dominating NTs in the game. It fell on deaf ears.
    BMI is not a be all tell all when it comes to physical fitness. give you an example: guy 6"1 238 BMI was way off the charts clearly obese according to BMI yet, body fat percentage was less then 14% which is in the normal range. I about crapped myself when my doc told me that I was obese. I asked him where i should lose it from, since I nearly had a 6 pack...
    Of course...but BMI was used to debate the Cody "weight problem". They sited his weight without taking in consideration his height. They did so without comparing it to other dominating NTs around the league. The only issue of his "fitness" was the argument that he is a "2 down" NT...which is the same for Dan Williams which everyone seems to be high on. Hampton is a 2 down NT as well. That was my only point.
    Trolls are people too.

Hall of Famer

User Info Menu

Of course...but BMI was used to debate the Cody "weight problem". They sited his weight without taking in consideration his height. They did so without comparing it to other dominating NTs around the league. The only issue of his "fitness" was the argument that he is a "2 down" NT...which is the same for Dan Williams which everyone seems to be high on. Hampton is a 2 down NT as well. That was my only point.
    oh, I missed the whole arguement. my bad, apologies.
    my big thing about cody is that ALL he has is his weight. and god when he took his shirt off for the weigh in i wanted to throw up. hell hampton is big, but when he takes his shirt off you don't immediately begin looking around for princess leia (sp?)

Legend

User Info Menu

my big thing about cody is that ALL he has is his weight. and god when he took his shirt off for the weigh in i wanted to throw up. hell hampton is big, but when he takes his shirt off you don't immediately begin looking around for princess leia (sp?)
    I'll have to disagree. Cody is very athletic...for his size he might be an athletic marvel. The guy is quicker than people give him credit for. Shoot the guy can land back flips and dunk. He isn't just dead weight.
    Trolls are people too.

Hall of Famer

User Info Menu

I don't know, for all that athleticism he doesn't play like it. and I watch alot of SEC football (not just the gators but hell all they play down here is SEC). and the guy is like 6'5 he should be able to dunk a basketball. before my car accident I could dunk a basketball and i'm only 6'

Legend

User Info Menu

Nice Star Wars reference....
    The people that are trying to make the world worse never take a day off, why should I?

Light up the darkness.

2024 Draft
    1. Kool-Aid McKinstry CB
    2. Sedrick Van Pran-Grainger OC
    3. Devontez Walker WR
    3. Maason Smith DT
    4. Matt Goncalves OT
    6. Trevin Wallace ILB
    7. AJ Barner TE

Legend

User Info Menu

forgive the all lower case typing....holding chadbaby in the other arm...so limited...

for the life of him, chadman cannot understand the 'fuss' of cody being a suppsed '2-down player'. when the steelers go nickle/dime, don't they just play 2 lineman- smith and keisel, or maybe hood? do they need the nt to be on the field for nickle/dime formations?

if hampton, cody or williams are dominant 3-4 nt's, and are used solely for the 3-4 base, and more athletic players areed in obvious pass rush situations, is that a problem? does that make the dominant 3-4 nt any less valuable?

if the steelers draft cody, and if all he does is clog up space and allow the lb's to blitz unhindered 2 out of every 3 downs, wouldn't he be doing his job?
    The people that are trying to make the world worse never take a day off, why should I?

Light up the darkness.

2024 Draft
    1. Kool-Aid McKinstry CB
    2. Sedrick Van Pran-Grainger OC
    3. Devontez Walker WR
    3. Maason Smith DT
    4. Matt Goncalves OT
    6. Trevin Wallace ILB
    7. AJ Barner TE

Hall of Famer

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by Dee Dub
    But his weight/conditioning issues never once stopped him from dominating on the the football field. He was never ever blocked buy one man. It is impossible. And I think some of you should have watched a player first before you comment on him. Cody isnt 6 ft 1. He is 6 ft 5. And he was one of the most athletic players on the Alabama football team.

Jamal Williams who before getting hurt goes 6 ft 3 and is over 350. Yet he is as good as it gets in the NFL at NT in a 3-4. Shaun Rogers is 6 ft 4 and goes over 350.
    Oh my goodness... you have got to be kidding with that. True, it's pretty much impossible to move him in the run game. But in pass-rush, he is nothing at all to write home about.

And please note, his biggest strength is his "strength" (or more specifically, his mass). And relative to that, most of the guys he's going against in college are kids, and/or shirley not pro caliber. When he gets to the league, he will not be able to flat-out maul people like he could in college, simply because he was that much bigger.

Lastly, you mention Jamal Williams & Shaun Rogers and their girth. I'm gonna guess that both Jamal & Rogers did not come in to the league at that size. After maturing, it's only natural that you get beefier. For Cody, he is gonna come into the league at well over 350 lbs.
    I wasn't hired for my disposition.