Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Thread: Draftniks: What about these guys for NT?

Backup

User Info Menu

Re: Draftniks: What about these guys for NT?

Quote Originally Posted by Oviedo
    Quote Originally Posted by Shawn
    I would be ok with Williams...but prefer Cody. Before I drafted either I would rather see us draft Thomas...and pick up Troup in the third.
    Anybody but Cody!!!
    Tend to agree...I don't see how Cody keeps his weight under control once he gets an NFL contract. I would like Odrick (1st choice) or Williams at #18.
    The Steelers’ went through seven consecutive drafts (2003-09) without taking an offensive lineman in the first two rounds, the longest such streak by any franchise this century.

Legend

User Info Menu

You guys will be proven wrong about Cody. If you are that concerned about him getting too big you add a weight clause to the contract.
    Trolls are people too.

Backup

User Info Menu

You guys will be proven wrong about Cody. If you are that concerned about him getting too big you add a weight clause to the contract.
    I don't think Cody is going to be a first round pick at this point because of concerns about his weight. He gained ~20lbs. between the end of the season and the Senior Bowl. That makes me think he is going to have trouble keeping it in check, especially in the offseason. The last thing we need is for a guy to come to camp after his rookie season at 400lbs.

Hall of Famer

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by phillyesq
    I would be ok with Williams...but prefer Cody. Before I drafted either I would rather see us draft Thomas...and pick up Troup in the third.
    Anybody but Cody!!!
    I agree. If he has weight and conditioning issues as a college senior, it is only going to get worse once he has an NFL contract (and signing bonus).

But his weight/conditioning issues never once stopped him from dominating on the the football field. He was never ever blocked buy one man. It is impossible. And I think some of you should have watched a player first before you comment on him. Cody isnt 6 ft 1. He is 6 ft 5. And he was one of the most athletic players on the Alabama football team.

Jamal Williams who before getting hurt goes 6 ft 3 and is over 350. Yet he is as good as it gets in the NFL at NT in a 3-4. Shaun Rogers is 6 ft 4 and goes over 350.
    Steelers 2015 Draft???....Go Freak! As in....

1-Bernardrick McKinney MLB Mississippi State 6 ft 5 250 4.5 40 yard dash

Legend

User Info Menu

D...I tried to explain BMI and how his is similar to the most dominating NTs in the game. It fell on deaf ears.
    Trolls are people too.

Hall of Famer

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by MaxAMillion
    Anybody but Cody!!!
    Tend to agree...I don't see how Cody keeps his weight under control once he gets an NFL contract. I would like Odrick (1st choice) or Williams at #18.
    Interesting...i think Odrick could play NT in a 3-4 but he would be best served in Aaron Smith's position as a LDE. He is considered the best run stuffer in this draft.

Personally, as much as I love Cody...I think he is a early 2nd to mid 2nd round pick. And one day some team is going to consider it the heist of this draft.
    Steelers 2015 Draft???....Go Freak! As in....

1-Bernardrick McKinney MLB Mississippi State 6 ft 5 250 4.5 40 yard dash

Legend

User Info Menu

if he's so good, how do you havw him falling into the 2nd round?

by comparison, green bay pick Raji at #9 last year to play the nose

Legend

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by NJ-STEELER
    if he's so good, how do you havw him falling into the 2nd round?

by comparison, green bay pick Raji at #9 last year to play the nose
    I'm far from sure that he will fall to the second. I do believe that his weight will raise concerns...whether warranted or not.
    Trolls are people too.

Pro Bowler

User Info Menu

I think as soon as we sign Big Snack, Cody and Williams will be afterthoughts.
    http://i236.photobucket.com/albums/f...ion1/sn1-1.jpg http://i236.photobucket.com/albums/f...ns_44958-1.jpg
    South End Zone...Screaming My Head Off...Every Game! 111 consecutive and counting.

Legend

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by SteelerNation1
    I think as soon as we sign Big Snack, Cody and Williams will be afterthoughts.
    Agreed...if we sign Hampton we won't draft either. We will wait and a grab 3-5 guy. I think we sign Hampton and this is a moot point.
    Trolls are people too.