Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Thread: OT: Another Bungle Arrested

Legend

User Info Menu

Re: OT: Another Bungle Arrested

165k miles isn't much for vehicles these days.

I just upgraded vehicles too RB. I went from a 95 Honda Passport to a 2001 Ford Ranger. I always wanted one of those 4x4, flare side pick-ups and now I have one...just wish I could have found one in black.

Mine is dark green...and sits up higher than this one...but you get the idea.

(should this be merged with the "the offseason sucks" thread?)

Legend

User Info Menu

No way...the offseason sucks thread has been hijacked my mini-marathon talk. We can't bring our cars over there. Too many runners would be run over.

I went from this:

To this:

Steeler teams featuring stat-driven, me-first, fantasy-football-darling diva types such as Antonio Brown & Le'Veon Bell won no championships.

Super Bowl winning Steeler teams were built around a dynamic, in-your-face defense plus blue-collar, hard-hitting, no-nonsense football players on offense such as Hines Ward & Jerome Bettis.

We don't want Juju & Conner to replace what we lost in Brown & Bell.

We are counting on Juju & Conner to return us to the glory we once had with Hines & The Bus.

Legend

User Info Menu

Still driving the Astro Van. Believe it or not, I love them. It's my third one, and they just last.

Young kids, DJ buisness, hunting/fishing/camping a lot means you need a van.
    Steel City Mafia
    So Cal Boss (Ret)
    [URL]http://www.anewsong.com[/URL]

Legend

User Info Menu

Just got rid of my 1997 ford expedition 248,000 miles

Molon labe

People sleep peaceably in their beds at night only because rough men stand ready to do violence on their behalf. George Orwell

?We're not going to apologize for winning.?
    Mike Tomlin

American metal pimped by asiansteel
    Only two defining forces have ever offered to die for you 1. Jesus Christ, 2.The American G.I., One died for your soul, the other for your freedom.

Hall of Famer

User Info Menu

Suprisingly, there has been a lack of substance and all comment... Here's some more details....

January 29, 2010
    Cincinnati Bengals linebacker Maualuga charged with DUI
    By Jennifer Baker and Brenna Kelly
    [email="jbaker@enquirer.com"]jbaker@enquirer.com[/email] | [email="bkelly@enquirer.com"]bkelly@enquirer.com[/email]

Cincinnati Bengals rookie linebacker Rey Maualuga was arrested early Friday in Covington on charges of drunken driving and careless driving after he allegedly struck two parked cars and a parking meter.

Maualuga, 23, of Cincinnati appeared in Kenton County District Court via a video link from the jail. He pleaded not guilty and was released from jail on his promise to return for future appearances.

Maualuga was arrested at 1:45 a.m. Friday after officers responded to 634 Scott Street for a report of a traffic accident, according to Covington Assistant Police Chief Spike Jones.

Police determined that Maualuga was the driver of a 2003 Pontiac Sunfire with Ohio plates that struck two parked vehicles and a parking meter, Jones said. Two female passengers who were with Maualuga were released without being charged.

Maualuga smelled of "intoxicants" and told the officer that he had "about six Captain and Coke drinks," the report states. The officer gave Maualuga field sobriety tests, which he failed, the report states.

"Subject had slurred speech, blood shot, watery eyes and he was unsteady on his feet," the officer wrote.

Maualuga had a blood-alcohol level of .157, according to a Covington Police report. The legal limit is .08.

Maualuga is scheduled to appear in court Feb. 25 for a pre-trial conference. Court records do not list an attorney.

A Bengals spokesman declined comment. Spokesman Jack Brennan says the club believed it's not appropriate to comment on cases that are unresolved.

Maualuga, a rookie from the University of Southern California, was one of the team's starting players until he fractured his ankle Dec. 27 against the Kansas City Chiefs. He expected to be ready for the team's offseason conditioning program in March.

Hall of Famer

User Info Menu

For whatever reason, I can't scroll-down in the reply box without it screwing-up, so it's "multiple post" time...

Here's his mug shot....

Hall of Famer

User Info Menu

The "two females" in his car were 17-yrs old and 18-yrs old respectively... Here's their photos.... Please tell me WTF a pro football player like him is doing with these two girls (not women) at 1:45am on a Thursday?....

... Yea, I "know" what he was doing, but you get my point.....

Hall of Famer

User Info Menu

Maualuga looking at NFL fine
    GEOFF HOBSON
    Posted Jan 29, 2010

After being charged with drunken driving and careless driving early Friday morning by Covington, Ky., police, Bengals rookie middle linebacker Rey Maualuga could face an NFL fine of as much as $50,000.

An NFL spokesman said Friday that according to the league’s substance abuse program a first offense for an alcohol-related violation, absent aggravating circumstances, is generally a fine of two game checks up to a maximum of $50,000.

The Cincinnati Enquirer’s web site reported that police say Maualuga was the driver of a car that hit two vehicles and a parking meter about 1:45 a.m.

Under the NFL’s conduct policy, a first offense doesn’t usually result in a suspension. Maualuga, a second-round pick from USC who started all but the regular-season finale at SAM linebacker, is rehabbing the ankle he broke in the Dec. 27 win over Kansas City. He had 80 tackles, fifth on the team, and led the Bengals with three forced fumbles.

[url="http://www.bengals.com/news/article-...9-a4f80626b949"]http://www.bengals.com/news/article-...9-a4f80626b949[/url]

Legend

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by fordfixer
    Just got rid of my 1997 ford expedition 248,000 miles
    An interesting math problem would be to figure out, on the basis of the Expedition's crappy gas mileage, how much was spent in gas money to drive that sucker nearly a quarter of a million miles. We'd have to figure out the average price of gas in the 13 years that puppy has been on the road, but I'm sure it could be done...
    Steeler teams featuring stat-driven, me-first, fantasy-football-darling diva types such as Antonio Brown & Le'Veon Bell won no championships.

Super Bowl winning Steeler teams were built around a dynamic, in-your-face defense plus blue-collar, hard-hitting, no-nonsense football players on offense such as Hines Ward & Jerome Bettis.

We don't want Juju & Conner to replace what we lost in Brown & Bell.

We are counting on Juju & Conner to return us to the glory we once had with Hines & The Bus.

Legend

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by NKySteeler
    The "two females" in his car were 17-yrs old and 18-yrs old respectively... Here's their photos.... Please tell me WTF a pro football player like him is doing with these two girls (not women) at 1:45am on a Thursday?....

... Yea, I "know" what he was doing, but you get my point.....

Maybe the fairy chick was driving with her feet. Those things are shaking hands.

No disrespect but it's like the ghost of "Henry Past" is still in Cincy.

At least Rey waited until after Lewis got the coach of the year award.
    I lost a bet about Najee gaining 1300 yards.

"Our head coach has failed to win a playoff game for seven years in a row. His game day strategy, culture of divas, in game decisions, clock management, player evaluation, hires, and affinity with sub par starters at RB, P, and OL are holding the Steelers back. That standard remains the standard"