Page 1 of 5 123 ... LastLast

Thread: Don't be surprised when the Steelers....

Pro Bowler

User Info Menu

Don't be surprised when the Steelers....

ignore the needs at OL, Secondary and DL and draft LB Sean Weatherspoon at 18. I think that is a real possibility and something to watch develop over the next month.

Legend

User Info Menu

Re: Don't be surprised when the Steelers....

Quote Originally Posted by steelerkeylargo
    ignore the needs at OL, Secondary and DL and draft LB Sean Weatherspoon at 18. I think that is a real possibility and something to watch develop over the next month.
    Or rationally assess the depth of the draft at OL, Secondary and DL and draft the Best Player Available at #18 (who will actually play alot)...CJ Spiller, RB, Clemson.
    "My team, may they always be right, but right or wrong...MY TEAM!"

Pro Bowler

User Info Menu

That is a possibility, but which starting group is by far the oldest? We have a young QB, RB, OL, WR's average age is 27, LB's average is 28, secondary is 28, but the DL averages 32. I realize we went DL with our first pick last year, but if Jared Odrick is availabe at 18, he may get some serious consideration.

Hall of Famer

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by Lebsteel
    That is a possibility, but which starting group is by far the oldest? We have a young QB, RB, OL, WR's average age is 27, LB's average is 28, secondary is 28, but the DL averages 32. I realize we went DL with our first pick last year, but if Jared Odrick is availabe at 18, he may get some serious consideration.
    I wonder where his hometown is?
    Cleveland spelled backwards is DNA Level C
    http://i225.photobucket.com/albums/d...itty29/mjg.jpg
    another AA/AS original.

Pro Bowler

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by MeetJoeGreene
    Hmmm....so what do you think? You've probably seen him quite a bit at Penn State?

Hall of Famer

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by MeetJoeGreene
    Hmmm....so what do you think? You've probably seen him quite a bit at Penn State?
    I would love to have him. He is a beast.

I don't know if they will take a DE 2 years in a row... unless they are switching to a 4-3.
    Cleveland spelled backwards is DNA Level C
    http://i225.photobucket.com/albums/d...itty29/mjg.jpg
    another AA/AS original.

Backup

User Info Menu

Odrick is my pick. I think he would be a great end in a 3-4 defense.
    The Steelers’ went through seven consecutive drafts (2003-09) without taking an offensive lineman in the first two rounds, the longest such streak by any franchise this century.

Hall of Famer

User Info Menu

I won't be surprised if Steelers draft an OT in 1st Rd and OG/OC in 2nd Rd. Improving O-line would improve 3rd and short/Red Zone struggles.
    Steelers Draft 2015
    Rd 1: Devante Parker - WR/ Kevin Johnson - CB
    Rd 2: Danielle Hunter -OLB
    Rd 3: Steven Nelson - CB
    Rd 4: Derron Smith - S
    Rd 5: Henry Anderson - DE
    Rd 6: Wes Saxton - TE
    Rd 7: Deon Simon - DT

Legend

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by grotonsteel
    I won't be surprised if Steelers draft an OT in 1st Rd and OG/OC in 2nd Rd. Improving O-line would improve 3rd and short/Red Zone struggles.
    Just really don't think this happens. They have 5 returning starters and I think they will take a wait and see approach with the new OL coach and how he can improve what he has.

The team has never been as down on the OL as the fans have and I don't think that changes this draft.
    "My team, may they always be right, but right or wrong...MY TEAM!"

Hall of Famer

User Info Menu

I wouldn't be surprised, but I'd be very disappointed. Weatherspoon is a tough player. He runs well in a straight line and tackles well. But, he has average lateral agility and has ALWAYS had trouble getting off of blocks. If you watched the bowl game against Navy, you'd agree that this cat is a second round talent.

If we chose Weatherspoon over Spikes that would be really poor.
    Even if Bill Belichick was getting an atomic wedgie, his face would look exactly the same.