Page 5 of 5 FirstFirst ... 345

Thread: Don't be surprised when the Steelers....

Hall of Famer

User Info Menu

Re: Don't be surprised when the Steelers....

we definetly need to look at S, ILB and NT before we even think about drafting a back. Linebacker and nose tackle are by far our biggest needs, and I think we can a damn good one.
    I like fox, as a back up, but really... He and Timmons are too similar, we REALLY need a good run stuffer, someone similar to Kirkland. Let Timmons be the side line to side line guy and the new guy can be the point of attack guy.

Rookie

User Info Menu

The Steelers are usually in a position to draft their highest graded player available...to me, that would be the case again this year...whether that player is DL, OL, DB, ILB, I don't really think you can go wrong...

Those are all positions that could use a significant influx of new, younger blood...you can't fix every problem in a single draft, but if you can upgrade one or two of those positions in a significant and meaningful way, you will have accomplished something...
    Actually, my post was NOT about you...but, if the shoe fits, feel free to lace that &!+€# up and wear it.

Legend

User Info Menu

Regardless of who falls or rises, the Steelers will be in position to upgrade an area of need, be it Safety, NT, DE, CB, ILB or any of the OL positions at #18.

It'll simply be a matter of not entering the draft with multiple NEEDS, and instead looking for an upgrade for the future (be it near or not so near). If the Steelers can do that (and lets face it, they've been good at doing this for some time now), then the Steelers should get some quality talent at #18.
    The people that are trying to make the world worse never take a day off, why should I?

Light up the darkness.

2024 Draft
    1. Nate Wiggins CB
    2. Ricky Pearsall WR
    3. Blake Fisher OT
    3. Mason McCormick OC
    4. Cedric Gray ILB
    6. Jaden Crumedy DT
    6. Tahj Washington WR

Hall of Famer

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by birtikidis
    we definetly need to look at S, ILB and NT before we even think about drafting a back. Linebacker and nose tackle are by far our biggest needs, and I think we can a damn good one.
    I like fox, as a back up, but really... He and Timmons are too similar, we REALLY need a good run stuffer, someone similar to Kirkland. Let Timmons be the side line to side line guy and the new guy can be the point of attack guy.
    Id have to say Fox is that run stuffer. I remember seeing him stuff short yardage runs a number of times this year. Farrior might have to start coming out on passing downs but this is not the year to address MLB. I think the DL and OL arguements have been most convincing.
    http://i177.photobucket.com/albums/w226/angryasian07/SIGNATURES/DOS2.jpg
    Crush your enemies, see them driven before you, hear the lamentations of their women.

Legend

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by ANPSTEEL
    Not so sure about ILB- I think the team has Farrior's immediate replacement on the roster, in Timmons. They move Timmons over- and put KFox in at RILB.

the exception being- if by some flipping crazy miracle- McLain falls... all bets are off.

Now- with all due respect to CJ's cousin- "Oviedo Spiller", the team has too many other needs to afford the luxury of drafting your boy.

If they can resign Casey- he likely has 2-3 years left
    if not- he needs to be replaced immediately- as in 1st Round pick.

Clark - not as critical as Hampton, imo- primarily because the team has at least three other players that can fill his role- (as long as Troy is healthy). Don't misunderstand me- I'm not suggesting that the other players are as good- but DeShae, Mundy, K Lewis, or even TC- can all fill that spot with relative success -better than anyone on the current Steelers roster could fill in as full time replacement for 98.

IMO- the only way the team goes secondary in RD 1 is if one of the top few guys is still sitting there at #18- This is not to say that the team doesn't need help at CB- they do, but and as I understand it- this draft has more 2nd-4th round quality in the secondary- than 1st round talent.

Net net: ruthless is right on when he mentions depth/replacement on the DL & OL. The DL is old and fading- and the OL has very limited depth.
    C, RG, RT- all likely need to be filled over the next 2 seasons.

IMO @ 18 look for BPA DL or OL- with an outside chance of ILB and lesser chance of FS.

I really think this is what will happen...Timmons can play the mack or the buck. Fox a very good linebacker who can play the mack. Farrior needs to back up the young guys...his time as a starter is over.

Sooo...if we sign Clark...Hampton...make the move with the ILBs...all of our starters are set except for DB. Where would it make the most amount of sense to draft? DL or DB. I don't believe a no miss talent will be there at DB at 18. Unless Thomas is there at 18...I believe we will draft one of these three....

Odrick
    Cody
    Williams
    Trolls are people too.