Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: nothing really new on the FWP front

Pro Bowler

User Info Menu

nothing really new on the FWP front

I would love for him to return as a better-used backup than he was this season, but I still think it is unlikely. I'm sure the Redskins will pony up three times as much as he is worth.

[url="http://www.postgazette.com/pg/10026/1031041-66.stm"]http://www.postgazette.com/pg/10026/1031041-66.stm[/url]

Hall of Famer

User Info Menu

Re: nothing really new on the FWP front

Hmmmmmmmmmm..... Al Davis likes fast guys.

Starter

User Info Menu

He's a good compliment to Mendenhall. I hope to see him back in black...........and gold!

Legend

User Info Menu

Bye FWP...you won't be missed...at least by me.
    Trolls are people too.

Legend

User Info Menu

I'm OK with him coming back for a $2M contract for three years. Front load it. Good team guy with high character. If he wants $3-4M per year he needs to walk. As a metric Derrick Ward signed with Tampa last March for 4 years and $17M. Ward was the best FA back available and was way better than Parker is now. If that is what Parker wants then see you later.

The reality is we have no depth on the roster and Summers and Redman aren't the answers.
    "My team, may they always be right, but right or wrong...MY TEAM!"

Legend

User Info Menu

I like him and want him back. I hope he takes the hometown discount.
    Steel City Mafia
    So Cal Boss (Ret)
    [URL]http://www.anewsong.com[/URL]

Legend

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by Djfan
    I like him and want him back. I hope he takes the hometown discount.
    I concur.

Legend

User Info Menu

I'd also like to see Parker return for a reasonable deal. If he plays just as a backup/change of pace guy, I think he can be much more effective. Hopefully it will keep him healthier and help him regain some burst.

He has already won two SBs, and he was the consummate professional this year when he was benched, so I wouldn't blame him at all if he chooses to chase the money. Hopefully, he'll decide to stay in Pittsburgh, but it would be hard to fault him if he looks for a bigger opportunity elsewhere.

Legend

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by cruzer8
    He's a good compliment to Mendenhall. I hope to see him back in black...........and gold!
    He finished strong and really makes you wonder what he could do with good blocking when Mend is catching his breath. Mewelde is the odd guy out IMO. I like him but can't see where he fits. Mend can do everything he can do but better. He isn't an every down back either.
    I lost a bet about Najee gaining 1300 yards.

"Our head coach has failed to win a playoff game for seven years in a row. His game day strategy, culture of divas, in game decisions, clock management, player evaluation, hires, and affinity with sub par starters at RB, P, and OL are holding the Steelers back. That standard remains the standard"

Legend

User Info Menu

Agreed on Moore. Just don't see how he fits in, particularly if FWP signs on for a long term deal. I would still like to see Redman stick around. He would look good in the backfield with Mendy on 1st and goal from the 3.
    Steel City Mafia
    So Cal Boss (Ret)
    [URL]http://www.anewsong.com[/URL]