Thread: Guerin and Goligoski are out tonight

Pittsburgh

Guerin and Goligoski are out tonight

Guerin and Goligoski are out tonight. No word on what's wrong with them. The Penguins called up Chris Conner and Martin Skoula will take Goligoski's spot. Talbot remains out.

http://www.post-gazette.com/pg/10025/1030970-100.stm

Glad to see Conner back up here. Out of any of the forwards who were bound for WBS after TC and the preseason, I thought he actually had a legitimate chance to crack the roster. What he lacks in size, he makes up for in other areas of his game. In preseason and during his first stint up here back in October, he showed some very nice speed, cycled the puck well, always seemed to be around the puck and looked comfortable on the ice. I'm anxious to see how he plays this time around and hopefully it will be on one of the top two lines.

Goligoski taking a night or nights off isn't necessarily a bad thing in my opinion. Talk about a fall from grace. The guy started off having a career year and at one point I believe he was leading all defensemen in scoring. Then he went down with an injury, came back and hasn't been the same since. The lack of offensive production is one thing, but his defensive play has been atrocious to say the least. From mishandling pucks at the point, to sloppy decision making with the puck to getting caught out of position. Hopefully a little break will do him some good.

Pittsburgh

Re: Guerin and Goligoski are out tonight

Chris Conner = Two goals tonight, including the game winner while playing on a line with Sidney Crosby, who assisted on both of Conner's goals.

Knowing the Penguins, they will have the kid back down in WBS by tomorrow afternooon.

Pittsburgh

Re: Guerin and Goligoski are out tonight

And as pretty much expected, Conner is sent back down...

The Penguins have returned wingers Chris Conner and Nick Johnson to their farm team in Wilkes-Barre.

Conner, recalled from the Baby Penguns Monday because of an injury to veteran Bill Guerin, scored two goals in the Penguins' 4-2 victory against the New York Rangers at Madison Square Garden just hours after being added to the roster.

Johnson played in three NHL games and scored his first NHL goal, against Washington Jan. 21.
    Read more: http://www.post-gazette.com/pg/10026/10 ... z0dkZ6iw9g