Thread: AFC Pro Bowl QBs

Legend

User Info Menu

AFC Pro Bowl QBs

With Manning playing in the SB, the AFC Pro Bowl QBs are:

Matt Schaub
    Vince Young
    David Garrard

Wow. Schaub is pretty legit -- no argument there. But Young and Garrard (after Ben, Brady and Palmer declined). I'm not as anti-Pro Bowl as some. I like that they're doing it in the same city as the SB the week before -- I think it is fun to have the NFL group together for a week. But this is pretty insane.

Pro Bowler

User Info Menu

Re: AFC Pro Bowl QBs

I think Ryan Fitzpatrick is on deck...

Legend

User Info Menu

They should just name the teams and not play the game. Especially if they're going to play the game when reps from the two best teams won't play. They're not allowed to play defence anyway. It's just a waste of time.

Legend

User Info Menu

Dirty Sanchez should play.

If the league were smart they would put the college senior bowl or shrine game where the Pro Bowl is now. If the NFL and the scouts put the bright lights these games I think it would be huge.
    I lost a bet about Najee gaining 1300 yards.

"Our head coach has failed to win a playoff game for seven years in a row. His game day strategy, culture of divas, in game decisions, clock management, player evaluation, hires, and affinity with sub par starters at RB, P, and OL are holding the Steelers back. That standard remains the standard"

Legend

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by feltdizz

If the league were smart they would put the college senior bowl or shrine game where the Pro Bowl is now. If the NFL and the scouts put the bright lights these games I think it would be huge.
    The Senior Bowl will take place this weekend as well. NFL Network will broadcast it on Saturday afternoon. ESPN will broadcast the Pro Bowl in Sunday evening. I will be watching the former, not the latter.
    Steeler teams featuring stat-driven, me-first, fantasy-football-darling diva types such as Antonio Brown & Le'Veon Bell won no championships.

Super Bowl winning Steeler teams were built around a dynamic, in-your-face defense plus blue-collar, hard-hitting, no-nonsense football players on offense such as Hines Ward & Jerome Bettis.

We don't want Juju & Conner to replace what we lost in Brown & Bell.

We are counting on Juju & Conner to return us to the glory we once had with Hines & The Bus.

Hall of Famer

User Info Menu

The "anti"-Pro Bowl? What would be a good name for this? "Pro (at sucking) Bowl?"
    http://i371.photobucket.com/albums/oo156/shiek2134/SHIEK.jpg?t=1299014285

Legend

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by RuthlessBurgher
    Quote Originally Posted by feltdizz

The Senior Bowl will take place this weekend as well. NFL Network will broadcast it on Saturday afternoon. ESPN will broadcast the Pro Bowl in Sunday evening. I will be watching the former, not the latter.
    didn't know the Senior Bowl was this weekend.... but why the hell is it on the NFL network. Damn, once again they screw it up!

I'll try to watch it.. I can only watch the Pro Bowl for a few minutes at a time..

"Our head coach has failed to win a playoff game for seven years in a row. His game day strategy, culture of divas, in game decisions, clock management, player evaluation, hires, and affinity with sub par starters at RB, P, and OL are holding the Steelers back. That standard remains the standard"

Pro Bowler

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by Iron Shiek
    The "anti"-Pro Bowl? What would be a good name for this? "Pro (at sucking) Bowl?"
    Pro Blow? Poor Bowl?

I wasn't a huge fan even before this but think I think it's ridiculous that the game is played when the best players still have their most important game left to play. I understand why they're doing it but that doesn't make it okay for me. I really didn't think they were serious when I first heard about this.

I wonder is Vince Young and David Gerrard's agent can use this crap at contract negotiation time; "Aaa yeah, so remember when making your offer, my client made the Pro Bowl in 2009!"

Legend

User Info Menu

[quote=Mel Blount's G]
    Quote Originally Posted by "Iron Shiek":95f3z8eh
    Pro Blow? Poor Bowl?

I wasn't a huge fan even before this but think I think it's ridiculous that the game is played when the best players still have their most important game left to play. I understand why they're doing it but that doesn't make it okay for me. I really didn't think they were serious when I first heard about this.

I wonder is Vince Young and David Gerrard's agent can use this crap at contract negotiation time; "Aaa yeah, so remember when making your offer, my client made the Pro Bowl in 2009!"[/quote:95f3z8eh]

I think Cutler put the pro bowl hype to rest...

Legend

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by Jom112
    I think Ryan Fitzpatrick is on deck...

Bruce Gradkowski would be in the Pro Bowl if we based his play on how our secondary made him look...

Vince Young deserves to be there, didn't you hear him say he's going to be in the Hall of Fame one day?
    Steel Maniac's Time-Based Prediction: Lamar Jackson will be a bust and total flop in the NFL.

What Actually Happened: Lamar Jackson became the youngest two-time NFL MVP winner ever.

Gloat gloat gloat

Boom........

Hahahahahahaha