Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
Results 1 to 10 of 13

Thread: AFC Pro Bowl QBs

  1. #1

    AFC Pro Bowl QBs

    With Manning playing in the SB, the AFC Pro Bowl QBs are:

    Matt Schaub
    Vince Young
    David Garrard

    Wow. Schaub is pretty legit -- no argument there. But Young and Garrard (after Ben, Brady and Palmer declined). I'm not as anti-Pro Bowl as some. I like that they're doing it in the same city as the SB the week before -- I think it is fun to have the NFL group together for a week. But this is pretty insane.

  2. #2
    Pro Bowler
    Join Date
    Jun 2008
    Location
    Chicago
    Posts
    1,498

    Re: AFC Pro Bowl QBs

    I think Ryan Fitzpatrick is on deck...

  3. #3

    Re: AFC Pro Bowl QBs

    They should just name the teams and not play the game. Especially if they're going to play the game when reps from the two best teams won't play. They're not allowed to play defence anyway. It's just a waste of time.

  4. #4
    Legend
    Join Date
    May 2008
    Posts
    13,024

    Re: AFC Pro Bowl QBs

    Dirty Sanchez should play.

    If the league were smart they would put the college senior bowl or shrine game where the Pro Bowl is now. If the NFL and the scouts put the bright lights these games I think it would be huge.

  5. #5
    Legend RuthlessBurgher's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2008
    Location
    Where the Rubber Meets the Road (in NEPA)
    Posts
    21,246

    Re: AFC Pro Bowl QBs

    Quote Originally Posted by feltdizz
    Dirty Sanchez should play.

    If the league were smart they would put the college senior bowl or shrine game where the Pro Bowl is now. If the NFL and the scouts put the bright lights these games I think it would be huge.
    The Senior Bowl will take place this weekend as well. NFL Network will broadcast it on Saturday afternoon. ESPN will broadcast the Pro Bowl in Sunday evening. I will be watching the former, not the latter.

  6. #6
    Hall of Famer Iron Shiek's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2008
    Location
    Splash Play City, OH
    Posts
    3,630

    Re: AFC Pro Bowl QBs

    The "anti"-Pro Bowl? What would be a good name for this? "Pro (at sucking) Bowl?"
    http://i371.photobucket.com/albums/oo156/shiek2134/SHIEK.jpg?t=1299014285

  7. #7
    Legend
    Join Date
    May 2008
    Posts
    13,024

    Re: AFC Pro Bowl QBs

    Quote Originally Posted by RuthlessBurgher
    Quote Originally Posted by feltdizz
    Dirty Sanchez should play.

    If the league were smart they would put the college senior bowl or shrine game where the Pro Bowl is now. If the NFL and the scouts put the bright lights these games I think it would be huge.
    The Senior Bowl will take place this weekend as well. NFL Network will broadcast it on Saturday afternoon. ESPN will broadcast the Pro Bowl in Sunday evening. I will be watching the former, not the latter.
    didn't know the Senior Bowl was this weekend.... but why the hell is it on the NFL network. Damn, once again they screw it up!

    I'll try to watch it.. I can only watch the Pro Bowl for a few minutes at a time..

  8. #8

    Re: AFC Pro Bowl QBs

    Quote Originally Posted by Iron Shiek
    The "anti"-Pro Bowl? What would be a good name for this? "Pro (at sucking) Bowl?"
    Pro Blow? Poor Bowl?


    I wasn't a huge fan even before this but think I think it's ridiculous that the game is played when the best players still have their most important game left to play. I understand why they're doing it but that doesn't make it okay for me. I really didn't think they were serious when I first heard about this.

    I wonder is Vince Young and David Gerrard's agent can use this crap at contract negotiation time; "Aaa yeah, so remember when making your offer, my client made the Pro Bowl in 2009!"

  9. #9
    Legend
    Join Date
    May 2008
    Posts
    13,024

    Re: AFC Pro Bowl QBs

    [quote=Mel Blount's G]
    Quote Originally Posted by "Iron Shiek":95f3z8eh
    The "anti"-Pro Bowl? What would be a good name for this? "Pro (at sucking) Bowl?"
    Pro Blow? Poor Bowl?


    I wasn't a huge fan even before this but think I think it's ridiculous that the game is played when the best players still have their most important game left to play. I understand why they're doing it but that doesn't make it okay for me. I really didn't think they were serious when I first heard about this.

    I wonder is Vince Young and David Gerrard's agent can use this crap at contract negotiation time; "Aaa yeah, so remember when making your offer, my client made the Pro Bowl in 2009!"[/quote:95f3z8eh]

    I think Cutler put the pro bowl hype to rest...

  10. #10
    Legend hawaiiansteel's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2008
    Location
    Hawaii 5-0
    Posts
    14,976

    Re: AFC Pro Bowl QBs

    Quote Originally Posted by Jom112
    I think Ryan Fitzpatrick is on deck...

    Bruce Gradkowski would be in the Pro Bowl if we based his play on how our secondary made him look...

    Vince Young deserves to be there, didn't you hear him say he's going to be in the Hall of Fame one day?

Bookmarks

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •