Results 1 to 10 of 10

Thread: OT: At least the Steelers aren't the only team that wins

  1. #1
    Pro Bowler
    Join Date
    May 2008
    Posts
    1,436

    OT: At least the Steelers aren't the only team that wins

    because of the refs. It must be an NFC fan thing or something, but boy are Vikes fans crying and saying the refs gave the Saints the game.

    Yes, the refs put 12 men on the field and made Farve throw that pick.

  2. #2
    Hall of Famer Djfan's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2008
    Posts
    4,366

    Re: OT: At least the Steelers aren't the only team that wins

    No excuses, but if I were a Vikes fan I would be upset over that PI call. It was not catchable IMO.

    On another note, did you see Sanchez get leveled long after the pass was thrown? If that were Marsha or Manning it would have been 15 yards.

    That being said, it's just bad to be in a position for the bad ref calls to take your game away.
    Steel City Mafia
    So Cal Boss (Ret)
    http://www.anewsong.com


    My son's first Kansas Turkey!

  3. #3
    Pro Bowler
    Join Date
    May 2008
    Posts
    1,436

    Re: OT: At least the Steelers aren't the only team that wins

    Had the Vikes not had 12 men on the field and had Farve not thrown the pick, the PI would have never happened because there wouldn't have been OT.

  4. #4
    Pro Bowler
    Join Date
    Jun 2008
    Location
    Chicago
    Posts
    1,498

    Re: OT: At least the Steelers aren't the only team that wins

    Vikes were getting similar calls earlier in the game. The PI in the end zone, the "Roughing the passer" call on Favre, the "late hit" on Favre.

    The difference in calls against the Saints compared to the Vikes before overtime was definitely in the Vikings favor...

  5. #5
    Pro Bowler
    Join Date
    Dec 2008
    Location
    Yakima, Washington, United States
    Posts
    1,382

    Re: OT: At least the Steelers aren't the only team that wins

    Yeah, but the calls in OT were magnified 100 times, IMO. That PI call was absolutely ridiculous. But hey, you turn the ball over 5 times and you don't deserve to win. A could not believe how many times the Vikes fumbled yesterday.

  6. #6
    Hall of Famer Iron Shiek's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2008
    Location
    Splash Play City, OH
    Posts
    3,628

    Re: OT: At least the Steelers aren't the only team that wins

    Quote Originally Posted by Djfan
    No excuses, but if I were a Vikes fan I would be upset over that PI call. It was not catchable IMO.

    On another note, did you see Sanchez get leveled long after the pass was thrown? If that were Marsha or Manning it would have been 15 yards.

    That being said, it's just bad to be in a position for the bad ref calls to take your game away.
    I was thinking the same thing on Sanchez. He clearly took a blow to the head and it was the initial contact point well after the ball was gone....very inconsistent in my opinion. I guess I would need to see it at full speed again to see how hard of a call that was to make, but it was pretty clear based on other calls over the year that this was a big miss.
    http://i371.photobucket.com/albums/oo156/shiek2134/SHIEK.jpg?t=1299014285

  7. #7

    Re: OT: At least the Steelers aren't the only team that wins

    People feel better when they can blame someone for their team losing. Blaming officials is weak. Every call should be perfect even though players and coaches make mistakes? Here is an idea, don't turn the ball over five times. The Vikings deserved to lose based on all the mistakes they made. Their fans should own up to it rather than whining like little girls.
    The Steelers’ went through seven consecutive drafts (2003-09) without taking an offensive lineman in the first two rounds, the longest such streak by any franchise this century.

  8. #8
    Hall of Famer Iron Shiek's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2008
    Location
    Splash Play City, OH
    Posts
    3,628

    Re: OT: At least the Steelers aren't the only team that wins

    Quote Originally Posted by MaxAMillion
    People feel better when they can blame someone for their team losing. Blaming officials is weak. Every call should be perfect even though players and coaches make mistakes? Here is an idea, don't turn the ball over five times. The Vikings deserved to lose based on all the mistakes they made. Their fans should own up to it rather than whining like little girls.

    $$$
    http://i371.photobucket.com/albums/oo156/shiek2134/SHIEK.jpg?t=1299014285

  9. #9
    Hall of Famer Mister Pittsburgh's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2008
    Location
    Pittsburgh
    Posts
    3,678

    Re: OT: At least the Steelers aren't the only team that wins

    Was that catch in OT by I think Meachem really a catch? He was in mid air, ball got jostled out of his grasp, and then he landed and the ball was still in his hands but kind of trapped on the ground.

    And what was up the one time where the yellow line was like 2 yards away from where it should be on that first down? I have NEVER seen it that far off at all.
    @_Hellgrammite

  10. #10
    Hall of Famer Iron Shiek's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2008
    Location
    Splash Play City, OH
    Posts
    3,628

    Re: OT: At least the Steelers aren't the only team that wins

    Quote Originally Posted by Mister Pittsburgh
    Was that catch in OT by I think Meachem really a catch? He was in mid air, ball got jostled out of his grasp, and then he landed and the ball was still in his hands but kind of trapped on the ground.

    And what was up the one time where the yellow line was like 2 yards away from where it should be on that first down? I have NEVER seen it that far off at all.

    The meachem catch wouldve been hard to overrule. It looked like it could've came out, but the only good camera angle wasn't that great because it looked like it was between his legs. But very hard to tell...
    http://i371.photobucket.com/albums/oo156/shiek2134/SHIEK.jpg?t=1299014285

Bookmarks

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •