Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Where will Brett Favre go now?

Pro Bowler

User Info Menu

Where will Brett Favre go now?

I hear Cleveland is in need of a good QB.

Legend

User Info Menu

Re: Where will Brett Favre go now?

Quote Originally Posted by SteelTorch
    I hear Cleveland is in need of a good QB.
    Would not surprise me. He will probably find a way to complain about the Vikes.

Hall of Famer

User Info Menu

I live up in MN. All indicators are Farve is tight with many on this team, esp Rice, Harvin, Peterson, and Jared Allen. I thiink he won't be back, too much physically and emotionally on him and is family.

Legend

User Info Menu

Crucify me but I have nothing but respect for Favre. 40-years old and the guy still plays at an extremely high level.

IMO, he's done and as a football fan I'll miss him.

Legend

User Info Menu

one more year...Brett doesn't want his last pass to be an interception.
    Steel Maniac's Time-Based Prediction: Lamar Jackson will be a bust and total flop in the NFL.

What Actually Happened: Lamar Jackson became the youngest two-time NFL MVP winner ever.

Gloat gloat gloat

Boom........

My IT guy...
    Hahahahahahaha

Legend

User Info Menu

Favre: Not ready to decide yet
    Posted by Gregg Rosenthal (ProFootballTalk)

Sunday's NFC Championship was so special, we didn't want to sully our game recap with any Brett Favre retirement talk yet.

So we will now.

Favre wearily stepped his postgame podium Sunday night, bruises and cuts above his head, facing reporters after another season-ending interception.

He was asked if he was going to take a few months to decide his future.

"I wouldn't say months, I know people are rolling their eyes or will roll their eyes," Favre said. "In a situation like this, I really don't want to make a decision right now based solely on what's happened. Because I do know the year could have not gone any better aside from us not going to Miami.

"I really enjoyed the guys. I just wonder if I can hold up, especially after a day like today, physically and mentally. That was pretty draining," Favre said.

FOX's Jay Glazer said Sunday that Favre's teammates are convinced he'll retire. But they don't really know, just like we don't know.

"I am going to go home a couple days, and talk it over with the family," Favre said.

He was asked if he feels like he needs to go out on top before leaving the game.

"I'd love to win the Super Bowl, who wouldn't . . . but I know I'm going out on top, one way or the other. I didn't feel like I had anything to prove coming in. If there were doubters out there, maybe I served notice to them.

"But my goal is to get to Miami," Favre said, the finality of the loss perhaps just setting in. "And obviously that's not going to happen."
    Steel Maniac's Time-Based Prediction: Lamar Jackson will be a bust and total flop in the NFL.

What Actually Happened: Lamar Jackson became the youngest two-time NFL MVP winner ever.

Gloat gloat gloat

Boom........

My IT guy...
    Hahahahahahaha

Legend

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by SteelBucks
    Crucify me but I have nothing but respect for Favre. 40-years old and the guy still plays at an extremely high level.

IMO, he's done and as a football fan I'll miss him.
    Certainly not ready to crucify ya ( ), but I'll just say that I used to love to watch him play back in the day - especially when he was wreaking havoc on Dallas and San Fran. But, his antics these last few years have been childish and, well, just plain self-centered. He has spoiled my opinion of him. -Joos
    ​2019 MNFE CHAMPION

Hall of Famer

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by hawaiiansteel
    one more year...Brett doesn't want his last pass to be an interception.

Why not? His last pass for every team he's played for has been an INT. He should be consistent.
    ours is not to wonder why just invert and multiply...

Hall of Famer

User Info Menu

Awesome player, awesome competitor.

He is such a gambler out there though. That last pick was just terrible. My eight year old saw he could have run for 7-8 yards. He needs to pump the ball and take off and give his team a chance to win. Throwing that ball against the grain was just terrible. I sort of feel bad for him and feel that he got his just deserts for all the self-centered crap he's pulled lately.
    Even if Bill Belichick was getting an atomic wedgie, his face would look exactly the same.

Pittsburgh

Quote Originally Posted by steelblood
    I sort of feel bad for him
    I can only speak for myself, but I have a very hard time feeling the least bit bad for a guy who will make $25 million dollars over the course of two years while playing a game that he absolutely loves for a living.

As for the original question to this thread...

I'm hoping far, far, far away. I really don't feel like hearing about him 24/7 for another full offseason. It's mind-numbing to say the least. Unfortunately, I'm fairly sure Favre will drag it out as long as possible in order to receive the attention that he obviously and desperately craves year after year.