Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Thread: Geaux Saints!

Re: Geaux Saints!

Quote Originally Posted by SteelTorch
    I'm actually happier that Brett Favre got denied yet again in the playoffs. I swear to God, after every play that went wrong in that game, he looked like he wanted to cry. Cannot stand the guy.

That last-second INT was a thing of beauty too. He could have scrambled for at least five yards, and what does he do? Throw right into coverage. Classic Favre.
    I can't believe a veteran QB like Favre makes that throw. All those years in the league and he makes a rookie read.

Pro Bowler

I'm actually happier that Brett Favre got denied yet again in the playoffs. I swear to God, after every play that went wrong in that game, he looked like he wanted to cry. Cannot stand the guy.

That last-second INT was a thing of beauty too. He could have scrambled for at least five yards, and what does he do? Throw right into coverage. Classic Favre.
    The REAL boneheadedness came after 2nd down where the Vikings managed to parlay not one but two timeouts into a 5 yard penalty, forcing a throw on 3rd down. Since it was 3rd down, if Favre is taken down in-bounds, the subsequent FG attempt could not be relaxed by spiking the ball. I don't recall whether or not he could have rushed for 5 and got out of bounds.

Brees handled his being kicked to the curb with class and grace. I have the highest respect for him and his athleticism.

Conversely, Peyton is a putz. I just can't stand him and the media gushing over him. I really hope that he loses big and looks bad. Throw in an injury and it will be a thing of beauty.

Go Saints.
    Steel City Mafia
    So Cal Boss (Ret)
    http://www.anewsong.com

My son's first Kansas Turkey!

Quote Originally Posted by Yinzerdude

I can't believe a veteran QB like Favre makes that throw. All those years in the league and he makes a rookie read.

Dude...where have you been the last 17 years? That is Favre's signature throw...an ugly interception.

Adam Schefter tweeted last night that Brett Favre's final pass as a Packer, Jet AND likely now Viking are all INT's. So there you go. Good player, but inconsistency kills his teams all the time.
    http://i371.photobucket.com/albums/oo156/shiek2134/SHIEK.jpg?t=1299014285

Quote Originally Posted by Djfan
    Brees handled his being kicked to the curb with class and grace. I have the highest respect for him and his athleticism.

Conversely, Peyton is a putz. I just can't stand him and the media gushing over him. I really hope that he loses big and looks bad. Throw in an injury and it will be a thing of beauty.

Go Saints.
    WWJD?

Legend

Quote Originally Posted by Iron Shiek
    Quote Originally Posted by Yinzerdude

Dude...where have you been the last 17 years? That is Favre's signature throw...an ugly interception.

Adam Schefter tweeted last night that Brett Favre's final pass as a Packer, Jet AND likely now Viking are all INT's. So there you go. Good player, but inconsistency kills his teams all the time.
    yeah.. that is Favre's game.. they would've been better off giving Chester Taylor the ball or even bringing Tavaris in for a bootleg(Favre would have died, I know..not happening) but still...

it's crazy to see Favre once again throw a boneheaded INT.. can he do it again for another team next year?

Legend

The Saint getting in was sooooo fixed.

I've never seen a team (Vikings) lay the ball on the carpet in such a short period. If there were a couple turnovers or some flukes, it'd be one thing.

But everyone knew NO was going to the SuperBowl the second that Katrina hit that city.

So I might end up rooting for Peyton and the Colts. I dunno. Could 2 teams Dungy built be taken to the SuperBowl as soon as he leaves? That'd be strange.

flip...if its fixed, then why waste your time rooting for the Colts if the Saints have already been hand picked?

http://i371.photobucket.com/albums/oo156/shiek2134/SHIEK.jpg?t=1299014285

Where the Rubber Meets the Road (in NEPA)

If it was fixed, why weren't the Saints in the Super Bowl the year Katrina hit?

Or if not then, why not wait until 2013 so that they could have a home Super Bowl?

Adrian Peterson has had fumbling problems all year. This is nothing new.

Brett Favre has made a career of making ill-advised decisions such as throwing across his body and getting picked off. This is nothing new.

Who moved my tinfoil hat?

Legend

Quote Originally Posted by Iron Shiek
    flip...if its fixed, then why waste your time rooting for the Colts if the Saints have already been hand picked?

It wasn't fixed but it damn sure looked like it was. How the hell do you have 12 guys in a huddle after a time out?

Peterson has fumbling issues. Always has and always will until he gets serious about correcting them. Twice I watched him have good runs but instead of going back to the huddle he took extra time following and trash talking NO players... both times he fumbled on the next play. They must have got into his head.