Thread: Random thoughts while watching the Championship game(s)

Backup

User Info Menu

Random thoughts while watching the Championship game(s)

No emotional investment today, so here goes

1. I know this has been beaten to death, but watching the games the last three weeks it seems every team has someone who can kick off into the end zone. Even Jay freakin’ Feely.
    2. Antoine Bethea is a free agent this year. If Clark can’t be worked out, or the Steelers are just ready to part ways, he could be a not so expensive target. He’s pretty young and was originally a 6th rounder (if that matters to anyone). He looks good in run support, but does anyone have info on his overall play?
    3. I think Melvin Bulitt has a great name for a DB. Unfortunately, its not politically correct so he should be forced to change it to “Wizard” so as to not offend the overly sensitive among us.
    4. Where o where is a Darrelle Revis for us in this years draft?
    5. The rookie wall is about to fall on Mark Sanchez.
    6. The superbowl is just around the corner, so that means yard work starts agian soon. The joys of living in south Texas. Its gonna be a long offseason.
    7. If New Orleans makes it to the Super Bowl, would they invite Archie Manning to be an honorary captain?
    8. Does anyone really give a crap about the Pro Bowl?

Legend

User Info Menu

Re: Random thoughts while watching the Championship game(s)

I would love to see us sign Antoine Bethea to replace Ryan Clark, but he won't come cheap. I hear the Colts are very high on him and will aggressively try to re-sign him.

And no, since the Pro Bowl won't be played in Hawaii this year I don't give a crap.
    Steel Maniac's Time-Based Prediction: Lamar Jackson will be a bust and total flop in the NFL.

What Actually Happened: Lamar Jackson became the youngest two-time NFL MVP winner ever.

Gloat gloat gloat

Boom........

My IT guy...
    Hahahahahahaha

Hall of Famer

User Info Menu

What's so good about Bethea? Clark is fine, as long as Polamalu is there.

HOW IS THIS referee CHETE MORELLI ALLOWED TO WORK POSTSEASON?! He should've been fired in '05.
    I wasn't hired for my disposition.

Backup

User Info Menu

I've got no problem with Clark. But with free agency coming up and us needing a safety, why not consider Bethea? But now that he's on a Super Bowl team, and if the Colts really want to keep him as mentioned, he's probably priced out of our range.

9. How was that a pass interference penalty on the Viks in OT? Terrible call.
    10. Countdown to the "Will Brett Favre come back next year" story iin 3..2..1..
    11. The Steelers have Steely McBeam. The Saints have...a dog.
    12. We have just been spared watching every NFL analysts head explode from discussing a Manning-Favre showdown.
    13. Favre's last ever pass may still be an interception.

Pro Bowler

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by Tomlinator
    No emotional investment today, so here goes

1. I know this has been beaten to death, but watching the games the last three weeks it seems every team has someone who can kick off into the end zone. Even Jay freakin’ Feely.

I noticed that too. The case for keeping Reed just got weaker.

2. Antoine Bethea is a free agent this year. If Clark can’t be worked out, or the Steelers are just ready to part ways, he could be a not so expensive target. He’s pretty young and was originally a 6th rounder (if that matters to anyone). He looks good in run support, but does anyone have info on his overall play?

Let me know when you find out.

3. I think Melvin Bulitt has a great name for a DB. Unfortunately, its not politically correct so he should be forced to change it to “Wizard” so as to not offend the overly sensitive among us.

He could become an officer of the law when he retires.

4. Where o where is a Darrelle Revis for us in this years draft?

Timmons is better than Revis. :P

5. The rookie wall is about to fall on Mark Sanchez.

Pick your poison. Peyton yatta yatta yatta or "first ever rookie QB ..."

6. The superbowl is just around the corner, so that means yard work starts agian soon. The joys of living in south Texas. Its gonna be a long offseason.

Are you related to redundantman by any chance?

7. If New Orleans makes it to the Super Bowl, would they invite Archie Manning to be an honorary captain?

And if so ... if the Saints are up with 2:00 to go with the ball and no TOs for the Colts, would the Saints have Archie take the kneel-down snaps? :P

8. Does anyone really give a crap about the Pro Bowl?

Thinking about it makes me want to take a crap.
    Very entertaining read!

Pro Bowler

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by Tomlinator
    I've got no problem with Clark. But with free agency coming up and us needing a safety, why not consider Bethea? But now that he's on a Super Bowl team, and if the Colts really want to keep him as mentioned, he's probably priced out of our range.

9. How was that a pass interference penalty on the Viks in OT? Terrible call.

10. Countdown to the "Will Brett Favre come back next year" story iin 3..2..1..

with new and improved forms of creative drama

11. The Steelers have Steely McBeam. The Saints have...a dog.

I'm convinced you are reduntman's alter ego.

12. We have just been spared watching every NFL analysts head explode from discussing a Manning-Favre showdown.

... only to have OUR heads explode from hearing them discuss a Manning-Brees showdown. :P

13. Favre's last ever pass may still be an a boneheaded interception.

Sorry. I just had to correct that remark. :P