[youtube:3ondsr16]mEPDNHCrPfM[/youtube:3ondsr16]
    Woman: "Sir, what have you given us?"
    Benjamin Franklin: "A Republic, madam, if you can keep it."

[youtube:razli5ow]KFXuGIpsdE0[/youtube:razli5ow]

Starter

User Info Menu

Re: Peyton Manning goes crazy

I dont even know what to think of that.

At first I thought it was fake- meaning an act set up for some commercial or other such crap, but then I realized that you can see the stands full of people in the background... so that really happened.

wow. just wow.

Both Saturday, and Peyton seem to be able to laugh at it now- but I'm surprised Manning didn't get his azz kicked.

I guess that goes to show just how much power the franchise QB really has.

Pro Bowler

User Info Menu

Manning comes across like a douche there. I guess he never wants to run the ball because he wants it all to be about him. Perhaps that is why that team hasn't won more than 1 sb and they needed a great performance and a running game to do so that year. I hope the Jets beat their arses.

Pro Bowler

User Info Menu

In all of that jawing everything but "I'll kick your ass" came out of his mouth.

Starter

User Info Menu

He's certainly not "outmatched" regarding ego-size is he? He must of sounded like a whimpering, blame thrower after the Steelers beat the Colts in the 05 playoffs.

Hall of Famer

User Info Menu

That's awesome . . . Peyton Manning is a professional and I respect his game 100%. That's for real, that's just the way it is. Sometimes people just lose it and Manning did out of frustration.
    Here We Go Steelers, Here We Go...
    Here We Go Steelers, Here We Go...
    Here We Go Steelers, Here We Go...!!!

Hall of Famer

User Info Menu

Good for him. People here might think he's a douche for that...and maybe his reason for it was douchey. But I like that he showed a little emotion. He doesn't do it all the time, which is why I think its fine. If he was doing that every game, there'd be a problem.

Things don't always have to be "Well my line blocked well tonight" when you get sacked 8 times. Challenge your peers every so often, it will make them better. Again, not berate them, but step up to them and challenge them to do better.
    http://i371.photobucket.com/albums/oo156/shiek2134/SHIEK.jpg?t=1299014285

Legend

User Info Menu

That's totally legit. I remember them showing it during the game when it happened - without audio of course.

Heck, I've had "discussions" like that with guys during rec league softball games.

Some people let it out and some keep it in.

Btw, it wasn't as much an "I want to pass the ball" thing as it was "You block and I'll call the plays" thing. Meaning, "You do your job and I'll do mine". Manning's a competitor. I know a lot of people don't like him, but I actually do like him and respect him. He's one of the best ever and as a football fan I can appreciate that.

Benchwarmer

User Info Menu

I thought this video was pretty awesome. I think Peyton is the best QB in the league as much as I love Big Ben. My problem is not with Peyton but with the way every game he plays I need to listen to the announcers' sexual fantasies of Manning for half the telecast.
    My Steeler Blog:
    [url="http://www.skinablog.com/topics/sports"]http://www.skinablog.com/topics/sports[/url]

Legend

User Info Menu

It's funny because Manning knows he's wrong. From the beginning of the arguement, he concedes that they should run. He just doesn't want JS to tell him what plays to call.

My guess is the Peyton go pissed becuase he knew JS was right and he F'd it up.