Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Thread: Antonio Cromartie on the block

Legend

User Info Menu

Re: Antonio Cromartie on the block

Quote Originally Posted by PSU_dropout43
    Cromartie pulls a Deion Sanders...

that kind of effort is truly pathetic, now I understand why the Chargers are willing to let him go. I would not even offer a 7th round draft choice for Cromartie after seeing this.
    Steel Maniac's Time-Based Prediction: Lamar Jackson will be a bust and total flop in the NFL.

What Actually Happened: Lamar Jackson became the youngest two-time NFL MVP winner ever.

Gloat gloat gloat

Boom........

My IT guy...
    Hahahahahahaha

Pro Bowler

User Info Menu

15 picks in 3 seasons.....all of our corners combined dont have that many

Legend

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by steelerkeylargo
    15 picks in 3 seasons.....all of our corners combined dont have that many
    All of our corners in their whole CAREERS COMBINED don't have that many....

Check that--someone just pointed out to me that Deshea Townsend has 21 career interceptions. Sorry.

Backup

User Info Menu

Corners have to tackle in LeBeau's system. As the video shows, he does not support the run at all.

I would not offer a first day draft pick for him.
    He who forgets, will be destined to remember.

Pro Bowler

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by BigLebowski
    Corners have to tackle in LeBeau's system. As the video shows, he does not support the run at all.

I am not saying the guy is Rod Woodson but one play does not some up a player.

Hall of Famer

User Info Menu

That was really bad... especially bad considering it's playoff time (not to excuse that effort in any way). Makes you especially think he has no clue as to what it means to be in the playoffs. He is a fantastic athlete though (I always wondered why he never played WR... I guess his hands aren't WR caliber).

I never thought of him as a Steeler type of player, so I'm not interested. And especially after that video.
    I wasn't hired for my disposition.

Backup

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by steelerkeylargo
    Quote Originally Posted by BigLebowski

I am not saying the guy is Rod Woodson but one play does not some up a player.
    I agree one play does not some up a player's career, but when it is the NFL playoffs I would expect him to put his nose in there and at least try to tackle. Especially if you are willing to trade a 1st and 3rd in a heartbeat.
    He who forgets, will be destined to remember.

Backup

User Info Menu

First and third? I think you don't really understand this guy's value.

Pro Bowler

User Info Menu

Guy must be living off of his rookie year highlight reel plays, and there were some damn good ones, 'cause he's been pretty unreliable since then

Funny, Cromartie was pimped by steelers' draft gurus back then and so was Antoine Cason in a later draft, also a first round charger cb, who I believe was demoted from their nickel back in october. Chargers have 3 first round corners that they drafted themselves and their defense is still terrible (jammer, cromartie and cason)

I'm sure hesitant to draft a CB in the first round as that seems to be a position of risk for first rounders. Maybe it's the prima donna wide receiver attitude many of them have? But I'm very hesitant to draft a cb in the first round unless he is ranked far and away the very best at the position.

Pro Bowler

User Info Menu

Athletically, this guy is a straight freak. His athleticism is one of the best in the game today. He can jump to the moon and extend even further.

Cromartie has play maker written all over him, and has proven so on numerous occasions.

Cromartie's awareness and football knowledge is a weakness, but it continues to improve each season.

Cromartie is a threat to change a game every time he's on the field. Cromartie is never looking for the knock out blow (like Jammer), but he usually does a good job of wrapping up and making plays on the run.

His size also gives him an advantage when covering most receivers