Page 3 of 13 FirstFirst 12345 ... LastLast

Thread: Who Will We Pick @ #1?

Re: Who Will We Pick @ #1?

Here is what Kiper says:

http://espn.go.com/blog/afcnorth

Pittsburgh Steelers

Pick: No. 18

Kiper's selection: Bryan Bulaga, OT, Iowa

Analysis: If no worthy cornerbacks are available, the Steelers could take a hard look at their offensive line. Pittsburgh quarterback Ben Roethlisberger takes a ton of sacks, and some (not all) of the blame can be put on the players up front. The Steelers have passed up taking offensive lineman high in the draft recently. Kiper believes they are due in 2010.

Verner is a zone corner who is probably more suited to play safety!
    2015 Draft

1) P.J. Williams-CB-Florida St.
    2) Jordan Phillips-DT-Oklahoma
    3) Geneo Grissom-OLB-Oklahoma
    4) Jeff Heuerman-TE-OSU
    5)
    Clint Trickett-QB-WVU
    6) Justin Coleman-CB-Tenn
    7) Spencer Roth-P-Baylor

Legend

Quote Originally Posted by steelerkeylargo
    He's not a Round 1 pick.
    Playing Fantasy Football does not qualify you to be the in the front office or on the coaching staff of the Pittsburgh Steelers. They are professionals and you are not!

Quote Originally Posted by Oviedo
    Quote Originally Posted by steelerkeylargo
    He's not a Round 1 pick.
    No he is not....3rd round at best. We already have a guy like him in Keenan Lewis!
    2015 Draft

4) Jeff Heuerman-TE-OSU
    5)
    Clint Trickett-QB-WVU
    7) Spencer Roth-P-Baylor

Quote Originally Posted by cruzer8
    Here is what Kiper says:

http://espn.go.com/blog/afcnorth

Pittsburgh Steelers

Pick: No. 18

Kiper's selection: Bryan Bulaga, OT, Iowa

Analysis: If no worthy cornerbacks are available, the Steelers could take a hard look at their offensive line. Pittsburgh quarterback Ben Roethlisberger takes a ton of sacks, and some (not all) of the blame can be put on the players up front. The Steelers have passed up taking offensive lineman high in the draft recently. Kiper believes they are due in 2010.
    Now, I am relieved. If Kiper said it...that makes certain it won't happen. Whew.

Quote Originally Posted by Mel Blount's G
    but don't expect to see him on the field until 2011 in LeBeau's scheme.
    Come to think of it, when was there EVER a draft pick to play in LeBeau's scheme in his first year? I can almost believe they sit out on principle alone from what I've seen
    Casey Hampton was the last first year starter.
    2015 Draft

4) Jeff Heuerman-TE-OSU
    5)
    Clint Trickett-QB-WVU
    7) Spencer Roth-P-Baylor

Who are the top 2-3 best LEFT tackles in the draft? Is Bulaga R or L? It would sure be nice to get hardworking, motivated yet uber-talented LT to be ben's protector for years to come

Where the Rubber Meets the Road (in NEPA)

Quote Originally Posted by Mel Blount's G
    Who are the top 2-3 best LEFT tackles in the draft? Is Bulaga R or L? It would sure be nice to get hardworking, motivated yet uber-talented LT to be ben's protector for years to come
    I think the top 3 LT prospects are Oklahoma State's Russell Okung, Maryland's Bruce Campbell, and Rutgers' Anthony Davis. They may very well all be off the board in the top half of the first round before we pick.

Iowa's Bryan Bulaga should be able play both right or left tackle. I think if we take him (he is projected somewhere in the mid-first where we are drafting), he could start out at RT, and Colon could move inside to RG (something that Zeirlein was unwilling to consider). I think Kemo and Colon would be a strong guard pair, and Starks and Bulaga would be a strong tackle pair.

I don't think USC's Charles Brown big enough to be a RT (at less than 300 lbs, he may only work for certain teams like Denver or Houston...not teams like Philly or Dallas). I don't think Oklahoma's Trent Williams is agile enough to be a LT (likely a RT prospect on this level like former Sooner teammate and current Viking Phil Loadholdt).

Hall of Famer

Quote Originally Posted by flippy
    Quote Originally Posted by RuthlessBurgher
    The one that sticks out like a sore thumb on your list, flip, is the Verner kid from UCLA. I don't think he's a first round prospect (more like a middle round guy).

SKL, I don't think you need to worry about if Trent Williams will be available. It is rare for guys that are seen pretty much only as a RT prospect to go in the top half of the first round. Typically, it is the guys with left tackle feet that go early. Remember, fellow Sooner Phil Loadholdt fell into round 2 last year (based on Loadholdt's early success, though, I think Williams will be a first rounder this year, but probably mid-to-late first).
    That list was a compilation of who I saw others picking for us in their mocks at 18:
    http://nfldraftdog.com/Mock-Drafts/2010 ... draft.html

I had no idea who he even was.

My Preferences Would Be Do Something Different than the Mocks are suggesting:

1. Trade up for Berry (I read you mentioning this one and agree) or McClain
    2. Gresham
    3. Take a closer look at Campbell or Dunlap
    4. Spiller (maybe)
    5. Trade Down

I don't see any way this organization will take Dunlap. He is too lazy, disinterested, and foolish.
    Even if Bill Belichick was getting an atomic wedgie, his face would look exactly the same.

My thoughts:

Bryan Bulaga, OT, Iowa--strong possibility but where does he play? Colon graded out as thrid highest rated OT in the NFL.

Taylor Mays, S , USC--will have to see in folm that the rumors about his playmaking skills are true and he is not just a workout warrior. I still like him.

Terrence Cody, NT, Alabama--possibility but wouldn't touch him. As I said his fitness and work ethic are rumored to mkae Hampton look like Lance Armstrong.

Alterran Verner, CB, UCLA--way too high for him.

Earl Thomas, S, Texas--strong possibility, but don't expect to see him on the field until 2011 in LeBeau's scheme. Is that what you really want for #18. Another year of b1tching and complaining about a player being a bust because our defense is too complex like we heard about Timmons. Hint: It's the scheme not the young players!!!!!

CJ Spiller, RB, Clemson--I really like it if for no other reason to see the associated meltdown that will occur on this board. Seriously though, he is probably the one pick on the list that would give you immediate returns. All we ever read is love and envy for Joe Cribbs, Devin Hester, etc but when a player who can do the same for us is available fans don't want him because we drafted a RB two years ago. Logical right??????

Mike Iupati, OG, Idaho--Possible. Best rated player at his position which is what Colbert seems to target. Could challenge for playing time from Day 1 and improve the OL. However, #18 is high to draft for a Guard but I'd be OK for this.

I'd be OK with Gresham too as long as we see more throws to the TE which I think we will as Hines wears down. Again, another entertaining meltdown will occur.

Add Dan Williams, NT, Tenn to your list. Pick #18 is probably high for him but more and more NTs are going to be overdrafted because of demand with more 3-4 defense. Also add Brandon Spikes. His workouts will be critical to put concerns about speed aside or he could drop like Rey Malauga from USC did last year.
    I love the meltdown factor that you incorporate. Its amusing. I'd like to see some sort of scale or rankings of some kind for this. It sounds like 1 = Spiller, 2 = Gresham.

The only major meltdown I remember is Spaeth and Sepulveda getting drafted. I'm sure there were others though. Are you talking that level of board chaos?
    http://i371.photobucket.com/albums/oo156/shiek2134/SHIEK.jpg?t=1299014285