Page 1 of 8 123 ... LastLast

Thread: Would you trade Limas Sweed for...

Pro Bowler

User Info Menu

Would you trade Limas Sweed for...

Roy Williams (the WR), assuming the money was the same.

Backup

User Info Menu

Re: Would you trade Limas Sweed for...

Limas Sweed isn't worth squat in a trade.
    Some people subscribe to a permanent stasis of wishful thinking. They like to believe the world is made of marshmallows and filled with butterflies. I don't.

Legend

User Info Menu

I still hold out hope that Limas Sweed will develop into a good WR. This will definitely be a make or break year for him.
    Steel Maniac's Time-Based Prediction: Lamar Jackson will be a bust and total flop in the NFL.

What Actually Happened: Lamar Jackson became the youngest two-time NFL MVP winner ever.

Gloat gloat gloat

Boom........

Hahahahahahaha

Legend

User Info Menu

why do we hope Sweed pans out? For draft sake? Trade status?

for his own health I want him to bounce back...
    I lost a bet about Najee gaining 1300 yards.

"Our head coach has failed to win a playoff game for seven years in a row. His game day strategy, culture of divas, in game decisions, clock management, player evaluation, hires, and affinity with sub par starters at RB, P, and OL are holding the Steelers back. That standard remains the standard"

Legend

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by feltdizz

for his own health I want him to bounce back...
    I'd like to see Sweed develop to give the Steelers depth and another weapon on offense. And yes, for his own well being, I'd also like to see him bounce back.

As for Roy Williams, no thanks. The Steelers don't need to deal with a malcontent prima dona his best days appear to be behind him, even if salaries were even. Sweed is still young and could develop.

Legend

User Info Menu

Roy Williams has had chances on the Cowboys, and has made some key drops. Romo basically stopped throwing to him, In our local paper, Williams was quoted as saying in the last game they lost that ZERO plays were called where he was the main receiver.

As stated, Limas has an upside that is huge. I think with Williams the risk is what you see is what you get.

So, I wouldn't trade!

We got our "6-PACK" - time to work on a CASE!

HERE WE GO STEELERS, HERE WE GO!

Legend

User Info Menu

How about because we want more good players on our favorite team? Is that a good enough reason?

If Hines, Holmes, or Wallace get hurt, I want another option that we can count on to run in the 3 WR sets that we use most often.

Plus, Ward cannot play forever. I think he still has a few good seasons left in him, but you never know when the beating that his body takes might catch up to him all of a sudden.

If Sweed develops like many of us expected him to, having Holmes, Wallace, and an improved Sweed would help to ease the pain of the loss of one of the All-Time Steeler Greats when Hines eventually does decide to hang 'em up.
    Steeler teams featuring stat-driven, me-first, fantasy-football-darling diva types such as Antonio Brown & Le'Veon Bell won no championships.

Super Bowl winning Steeler teams were built around a dynamic, in-your-face defense plus blue-collar, hard-hitting, no-nonsense football players on offense such as Hines Ward & Jerome Bettis.

We don't want Juju & Conner to replace what we lost in Brown & Bell.

We are counting on Juju & Conner to return us to the glory we once had with Hines & The Bus.

Legend

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by RuthlessBurgher
    How about because we want more good players on our favorite team? Is that a good enough reason?

If Hines, Holmes, or Wallace get hurt, I want another option that we can count on to run in the 3 WR sets that we use most often.

Plus, Ward cannot play forever. I think he still has a few good seasons left in him, but you never know when the beating that his body takes might catch up to him all of a sudden.

If Sweed develops like many of us expected him to, having Holmes, Wallace, and an improved Sweed would help to ease the pain of the loss of one of the All-Time Steeler Greats when Hines eventually does decide to hang 'em up.

I should have framed it differently...

just wondering how Sweed has become a fan favorite... while Timmons is a day from being cut on the board...
    I lost a bet about Najee gaining 1300 yards.

"Our head coach has failed to win a playoff game for seven years in a row. His game day strategy, culture of divas, in game decisions, clock management, player evaluation, hires, and affinity with sub par starters at RB, P, and OL are holding the Steelers back. That standard remains the standard"

Legend

User Info Menu

Limas Sweed is the physical reminder to Coach Tomlin that yoO NOT PANDER TO YOUR QB'S DESIRES.

Ben kept wailing all that off season how he 'needed' a big WR so that he could throw into double coverage with a bit more confidence- ie, he could toss it up there & Limas would be too tall for the CB's. As a few of us stated on here, it was a poor reason, a cheap cop-out in many ways, and an excuse for Ben to not protect the ball as well as he should. Add to this, OC Arians loves using 2 TE's, and both the Steelers TE's are over 6'5". How much taller does Ben need his receivers?

So the result was, the Steelers grabbed Sweed. They could have had Mike Pollack. Jason Jones. Martellus Bennett. Kendall Langford. Earl Bennett. Even Ray Rice. But they got Sweed.

Now, Sweed might develop. He might not. Here's hoping he does.

But like Bill Cowher before him, with Cowher's pandering to Kordell Stewart in the search for the 'perfect OC to match Kordell's skills' - hello Ray Sherman- hopefully Mike Tomlin has learned that HE, not BEN, makes the decisions on rosters.
    The people that are trying to make the world worse never take a day off, why should I?

Light up the darkness.

2024 Draft
    1. Kool-Aid McKinstry CB
    2. Sedrick Van Pran-Grainger OC
    3. Malachi Corley WR
    3. Maason Smith DT
    4. Matt Goncalves OT
    6. Trevin Wallace ILB
    7. AJ Barner TE

Backup

User Info Menu

To answer the op.....Hell no !!! I'll take the "potential" of Limas over anything that Roy can offer in this point of his career. Sweed has a ton of athleticism and is a hard working humble kinda guy.......a Steeler guy. Unfortunately for him he's got some serious confidence issues working against him right now.

In his first few seasons he's looked like this guy on the field.....

Let's hope he turns it around and starts looking like the guy Ben wanted all along......

Without the attitude problems and legal woes of course.