Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: AFCCG and NFCCG Predictions

Pro Bowler

User Info Menu

AFCCG and NFCCG Predictions

Time for all the Jimmy the Greeks to come out of hiding and put yourself out there ...

Jets 23 - Colts 20
    Once again the #1 D will live up to its reputation. Revis will take away the biggest receiving weapon in Reggie Wayne. It will be just enough to curtail the Colts' scoring. The Jets will use their #1 ground game to limit Manning's opportunities and keep the pressure off of Sanchez. Sanchez won't be in cold weather where most of his problems have manifested.

Vikings 30 - Saints 24
    Brees won't be able to have his way with the Minnesota D as their strong run D will enable them to put more attention on stopping the pass. Favre is 40, but playing like he's 26. The Saints' D gets a lot of action by gambling. Favre's experience will limit that. The threat of AP will take the pressure off of Favre and allow him to make good decisions.

Rookie

User Info Menu

Re: AFCCG and NFCCG Predictions

I think the Colts will take it to the Jets...they just beat a carbon copy of the Jets last week...

I agree that the Vikes will end up beating the Saints...but, I think it will be a shootout to match GB and the Cards...
    Actually, my post was NOT about you...but, if the shoe fits, feel free to lace that &!+€# up and wear it.

Pro Bowler

User Info Menu

Colts over Jets: 24-17

Saints over Vikings: 31-24

High powered passing games prevail...

Legend

User Info Menu

Colts 23, Jets 10

Saints 34, Vikings 28
    Steeler teams featuring stat-driven, me-first, fantasy-football-darling diva types such as Antonio Brown & Le'Veon Bell won no championships.

Super Bowl winning Steeler teams were built around a dynamic, in-your-face defense plus blue-collar, hard-hitting, no-nonsense football players on offense such as Hines Ward & Jerome Bettis.

We don't want Juju & Conner to replace what we lost in Brown & Bell.

We are counting on Juju & Conner to return us to the glory we once had with Hines & The Bus.

Pro Bowler

User Info Menu

Interesting. The line is Colts by 8. Personally (and I'm not a betting man) but I think a good betting scheme is to bet $X for the Jets to beat the line and 1/2X for the Jets to win the game.

Legend

User Info Menu

Both of these games are too tough to call, IMO.

I WANT New Orleans and the Jets to win, with Brees winning the SB.

Can't tell you if I will be right or not.
    Steel City Mafia
    So Cal Boss (Ret)
    [URL]http://www.anewsong.com[/URL]

Legend

User Info Menu

I want: Jets-17 Colts-14
    however I think: Colts 24 Jets 20

I think the colts are too fast on turf. If it was grass then the Jets win easily. The only way the Jets stay close is TO's and making sure they keep sanchez clean. I still think Manning is going to choke this game and keep it close.

I want: Saints 38 Vikes 14
    I think: Saints 24 Vikes 17

saints can taste it. Brett got 4TDs so now he is ready for 4 int's. Seriously though I think the difference is the crowd noise. Allen is a beast in Minnesota but he was a no show at Heinz. I think getting the jump due to the silent count is his claim to fame. I doubt he dominates the saints.
    I lost a bet about Najee gaining 1300 yards.

"Our head coach has failed to win a playoff game for seven years in a row. His game day strategy, culture of divas, in game decisions, clock management, player evaluation, hires, and affinity with sub par starters at RB, P, and OL are holding the Steelers back. That standard remains the standard"

Hall of Famer

User Info Menu

I'll go with the home teams like some of the others here.

I'll use the same argument for the Jets to lose that I used last week in thinking the Chargers would beat them. Revis might shut down Wayne, but Clark will be slashing them down the middle. Only the Colts should do a better job of getting those running backs involved in the passing game too, where the Jets struggled.

Plus the colts don't have Norv Turner.

Saints v. Vikings should be a pretty good game. Brees is a 180 degree difference in Romo. Vikings won't be able to handle that passing game. Pressure shouldn't get to Brees as he is good at quick reads and they can utilize Bush out of the backfield to alleviate those quick rushes.

Saints v Colts in Superbowl.
    http://i371.photobucket.com/albums/oo156/shiek2134/SHIEK.jpg?t=1299014285

Backup

User Info Menu

Jets: 20
    Colts: 14

Rex Ryan got me belevin' in this defense. I think they can shut down Payton and the Indy offense. The Jets offense is balanced enough (THEY DON'T GIVE UP ON THE RUN-ATTENTION BA!) to score 20 plus points if necessary.

Saints: 34
    Vikes: 24

Minn. defense was great last week, I don't think they have it in them to shut down Breese and the Saints offense. Plus, if Reggie Bush runs as aggressively as he did last week, it will make it that much harder on the defense.

Legend

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by drprwnap
    Jets: 20
    Colts: 14

Rex Ryan got me belevin' in this defense. I think they can shut down Payton and the Indy offense. The Jets offense is balanced enough (THEY DON'T GIVE UP ON THE RUN-ATTENTION BA!) to score 20 plus points if necessary.
    In the regular season, the Jets ran the ball 607 times and threw it 393 times. I don't think you need to worry about them giving up on the run any time soon.
    Steeler teams featuring stat-driven, me-first, fantasy-football-darling diva types such as Antonio Brown & Le'Veon Bell won no championships.

Super Bowl winning Steeler teams were built around a dynamic, in-your-face defense plus blue-collar, hard-hitting, no-nonsense football players on offense such as Hines Ward & Jerome Bettis.

We don't want Juju & Conner to replace what we lost in Brown & Bell.

We are counting on Juju & Conner to return us to the glory we once had with Hines & The Bus.