Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Khan Staying

Legend

User Info Menu

Khan Staying

It looks like Omar Khan will remain with the Steelers:

Schneider lands Seahawks G.M. job
    Posted by Mike Florio on January 19, 2010 10:14 AM ET
    Last week, the two finalists for the G.M. job in Seattle reportedly were Floyd Reese and Omar Khan.

Apparently, "finalist" doesn't mean what it used to mean.

Len Pasquarelli of ESPN.com reports that the job has gone to Packers exec John Schneider.

Per the report, Reese actually was a finalist. We've separately heard that he wasn't, and that his apparent decision to leak his status to the media killed his shot at the job.

If we didn't know better, we'd think that the final exam for the gig included proving that the candidate has the ability to be discreet.

Or maybe Reese couldn't resist the fizzy lifting drink.
    I'm glad that he is staying. He seems to be a fine job as a negotiator and as a numbers guy.

Legend

User Info Menu

Re: Khan Staying

Great news!

(and surprisingly clever Willy Wonka reference by Florio)

Steeler teams featuring stat-driven, me-first, fantasy-football-darling diva types such as Antonio Brown & Le'Veon Bell won no championships.

Super Bowl winning Steeler teams were built around a dynamic, in-your-face defense plus blue-collar, hard-hitting, no-nonsense football players on offense such as Hines Ward & Jerome Bettis.

We don't want Juju & Conner to replace what we lost in Brown & Bell.

We are counting on Juju & Conner to return us to the glory we once had with Hines & The Bus.

Hall of Famer

User Info Menu

Great news- hopefully Butler stays too.

Legend

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by Sugar
    Butler turned down the Dolphins job to stay with the Steelers. IMO he was given a firm timeline when LeBeau will step down.

I would not be surprised to hear that LeBeau decides to retire after he gets elected to the Hall of Fame next month. That may have been what Butler was told and why he stayed. They let him in on the plan and swore him to secrecy.
    "My team, may they always be right, but right or wrong...MY TEAM!"

Legend

User Info Menu

[url]http://postgazette.com/pg/10015/1028525-100.stm[/url]

Steelers linebackers coach turns down Miami offer
    Friday, January 15, 2010
    By Gerry Dulac, Pittsburgh Post-Gazette
    Linebackers coach Keith Butler has turned down the Miami Dolphins' offer to become their defensive coordinator and will remain with the Steelers, the Post-Gazette has learned.

Butler, 52, who has been with the Steelers for seven seasons, worked for two years in Cleveland with Dolphins Coach Tony Sparano (1999-2000). He is considered to be the person who will become the Steelers defensive coordinator whenever Dick LeBeau retires.
    Miami is courting Mike Nolan to be its D.C. now that he has left the Broncos.
    Steeler teams featuring stat-driven, me-first, fantasy-football-darling diva types such as Antonio Brown & Le'Veon Bell won no championships.

Super Bowl winning Steeler teams were built around a dynamic, in-your-face defense plus blue-collar, hard-hitting, no-nonsense football players on offense such as Hines Ward & Jerome Bettis.

We don't want Juju & Conner to replace what we lost in Brown & Bell.

We are counting on Juju & Conner to return us to the glory we once had with Hines & The Bus.

Rookie

User Info Menu

Nolan left the Broncos because Miami was looking for a DC...

Three coaches and two pro bowl players leaving?

Heck, that's even worse than what the Steelers are dealing with...
    Actually, my post was NOT about you...but, if the shoe fits, feel free to lace that &!+€# up and wear it.

Hall of Famer

User Info Menu

I saw where Lebeau told players he would be back next season...that he wouldn't turn his back on them after down year. I could see this coming season being his last though. Maybe that is what Butler was informed of.
    @_Hellgrammite

Legend

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by Oviedo
    Butler turned down the Dolphins job to stay with the Steelers. IMO he was given a firm timeline when LeBeau will step down.

I would not be surprised to hear that LeBeau decides to retire after he gets elected to the Hall of Fame next month. That may have been what Butler was told and why he stayed. They let him in on the plan and swore him to secrecy.
    Still holding out hope I see. Accept it, LeBeau and the 3-4 isn't going anywhere.

Hall of Famer

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by SteelBucks
    Still holding out hope I see. Accept it, LeBeau and the 3-4 isn't going anywhere.
    Is there any reason to believe that even if LeBeau leaves that his disciple will change the scheme?

Legend

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by SteelBucks

Holding out hope for the 4-3 is like hoping for BA to leave...

Total waste of energy and major self induced blood pressure...
    I lost a bet about Najee gaining 1300 yards.

"Our head coach has failed to win a playoff game for seven years in a row. His game day strategy, culture of divas, in game decisions, clock management, player evaluation, hires, and affinity with sub par starters at RB, P, and OL are holding the Steelers back. That standard remains the standard"