Page 1 of 5 123 ... LastLast

Thread: Revis vs Timmons

Administrator

User Info Menu

Revis vs Timmons

I can't believe we missed out on Revis and drafted Timmons. Now, I think Timmons will be a good player but Revis is a great player.

He'll be the next Champ Baily for probably the next 10 years where the offenses are obviously given the advantage.

By the way, who "spilled the beans" and allowed people to know we were going to pick Revis if available? Which, inevitably gave the Jets the ability to trade up to the spot before us to draft him?
    Tomlin: Let's unleash hell and "mop the floor" with the competition.

Legend

User Info Menu

Re: Revis vs Timmons

Quote Originally Posted by jhansle1
    I can't believe we missed out on Revis and drafted Timmons. Now, I think Timmons will be a good player but Revis is a great player.

He'll be the next Champ Baily for probably the next 10 years where the offenses are obviously given the advantage.

By the way, who "spilled the beans" and allowed people to know we were going to pick Revis if available? Which, inevitably gave the Jets the ability to trade up to the spot before us to draft him?
    IMO, the Steelers were going to draft Timmons regardless.

Hall of Famer

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by SteelBucks
    Quote Originally Posted by jhansle1

IMO, the Steelers were going to draft Timmons regardless.
    I don't know about that. The JETS traded up awfully far to jump ahead of the Steelers on this one.
    I remember wanting Revis and David Little in that draft. I am glad we got Woodley, it would have been nice to get all 3 though
    Here We Go Steelers, Here We Go...
    Here We Go Steelers, Here We Go...
    Here We Go Steelers, Here We Go...!!!

Pro Bowler

User Info Menu

Ed Douchette says they would have drafted Timmons if both were still on the board.
    LETS GO MOUNTAINEERS!
    Here We Go Steelers!

Legend

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by calmkiller
    Ed Douchette says they would have drafted Timmons if both were still on the board.
    I saw that recently, and sadly, he is probably right.

Legend

User Info Menu

Pro Bowler

User Info Menu

Timmons is a good player, no doubt. But it does seem that the Timmons pick probably had a bit of the "enamored of" factor in it, similar to Al Davis being enamored of speed guys.

Legend

User Info Menu

Wow.....sure wish the Steelers had drafted Ed Reed way back when. And Adrian Peterson too. Oh, and Jake Long. And Andre Johnson.

The problem IS NOT that the Steelers drafted Timmons in Round 1.

The problem IS NOT that the Steelers leaked info on wanting Revis.

The problem is, after missing on Revis, in every subsequent draft, they have not found a CB to do the job opposite Ike Taylor. It could be a by-product of 'Drafting Best Player Available', or poor evaluation of rookies, or poor evaluation of current roster players.

Regardless, if the Steelers had picked up 1 CB (Aqib Talib anyone?) of note, then we wouldn't keep hearing the bitching & moaning about 'missing Revis & getting Timmons'.

Don't be hating Timmons because he isn't Revis.
    The people that are trying to make the world worse never take a day off, why should I?

Light up the darkness.

2024 Draft
    1. Jackson Powers-Johnson OC
    2. Ruke Orhorhoro DT
    3. Khyree Jackson CB
    3. Marcus Rosemy-Jacksaint WR
    4. Jordan Travis QB
    6. Jordan Jefferson DT

Hall of Famer

User Info Menu

IMHO it is a lot easier to find an ILB in the middle rounds than it is to find a shut down CB.

Flawed thinking in the Steelers war room that day if they honestly would have taken Timmons over Revis if both were sitting there.
    @_Hellgrammite

Legend

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by Mister Pittsburgh
    IMHO it is a lot easier to find an ILB in the middle rounds than it is to find a shut down CB.

Flawed thinking in the Steelers war room that day if they honestly would have taken Timmons over Revis if both were sitting there.
    You mean someone like the guy we all wanted out becuase he didn't make enough plays?

Larry Foote?
    The people that are trying to make the world worse never take a day off, why should I?

Light up the darkness.

2024 Draft
    1. Jackson Powers-Johnson OC
    2. Ruke Orhorhoro DT
    3. Khyree Jackson CB
    3. Marcus Rosemy-Jacksaint WR
    4. Jordan Travis QB
    6. Jordan Jefferson DT