Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
Results 1 to 10 of 15

Thread: Chan Gailey is new Bills Coach

  1. #1
    Legend
    Join Date
    May 2008
    Posts
    15,728

    Chan Gailey is new Bills Coach

    http://sports.espn.go.com/nfl/news/story?id=4838361

    I guess there is no way but up taking this job.

  2. #2

    Re: Chan Gailey is new Bills Coach

    Nobody else wanted it, from many reports.

  3. #3
    Pro Bowler
    Join Date
    Jun 2008
    Location
    Chicago
    Posts
    1,498

    Re: Chan Gailey is new Bills Coach

    Quote Originally Posted by proudpittsburgher
    Nobody else wanted it, from many reports.
    I think Leslie Frazer wanted it. But nobody wants to give him a HC job...

  4. #4
    Legend
    Join Date
    May 2008
    Posts
    15,728

    Re: Chan Gailey is new Bills Coach

    Quote Originally Posted by Jom112
    Quote Originally Posted by proudpittsburgher
    Nobody else wanted it, from many reports.
    I think Leslie Frazer wanted it. But nobody wants to give him a HC job...
    I think it is more about impatience and wanting someone now versus waiting potentially up to 3 more weeks.

  5. #5
    Starter
    Join Date
    Jun 2008
    Location
    Annapolis, MD
    Posts
    888

    Re: Chan Gailey is new Bills Coach

    Quote Originally Posted by Oviedo
    http://sports.espn.go.com/nfl/news/story?id=4838361

    I guess there is no way but up taking this job.

    I'd guess that when Bill turned them down- he was asked who he would recommend.

  6. #6
    Legend RuthlessBurgher's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2008
    Location
    Where the Rubber Meets the Road (in NEPA)
    Posts
    25,444

    Re: Chan Gailey is new Bills Coach

    How bad is it in Buffalo? They hire a guy to be their head coach that was fired as an offensive coordinator during pre-season last year.

    I guess the 50 year old Leslie Frazier was too young for the 91 year old Ralph Wilson. He gets rid of 59 year old Dick Jauron to hire 58 year old whippersnapper Chan Gailey. Don't forget, Wilson had Marv Levy acting as his G.M. into his 80's.


    1 CB Vernon Hargreaves Florida 5-10 204
    2 DT Austin Johnson Penn State 6-4 314
    3 SS Jeremy Cash Duke 6-0 212
    4 LB Jaylon Smith Notre Dame 6-2 223
    6 WR Moritz Boehringer Germany 6-4 227
    7 OT Brandon Shell South Carolina 6-5 324
    7 RB Tre Madden USC 6-0 223

    UDFA
    DE David Onyemata, LB Ian Seau, FS Jordan Lomax, CB DeAndre Elliott,
    QB Jeff Driskel, TE David Morgan, OG Spencer Drango, OC Mike Matthews

    2015 MNF Executive Champion!

  7. #7

    Re: Chan Gailey is new Bills Coach

    Quote Originally Posted by RuthlessBurgher
    How bad is it in Buffalo? They hire a guy to be their head coach that was fired as an offensive coordinator during pre-season last year.

    I guess the 50 year old Leslie Frazier was too young for the 91 year old Ralph Wilson. He gets rid of 59 year old bad word Jauron to hire 58 year old whippersnapper Chan Gailey. Don't forget, Wilson had Marv Levy acting as his G.M. into his 80's.
    There were reports/speculation that Grimm wouldn't interview for the job after talking to Mularkey about his experience in Buffalo. Apparently, it must not be a great place to work.

  8. #8
    Legend
    Join Date
    May 2008
    Posts
    15,728

    Re: Chan Gailey is new Bills Coach

    Quote Originally Posted by phillyesq
    Quote Originally Posted by RuthlessBurgher
    How bad is it in Buffalo? They hire a guy to be their head coach that was fired as an offensive coordinator during pre-season last year.

    I guess the 50 year old Leslie Frazier was too young for the 91 year old Ralph Wilson. He gets rid of 59 year old bad word Jauron to hire 58 year old whippersnapper Chan Gailey. Don't forget, Wilson had Marv Levy acting as his G.M. into his 80's.
    There were reports/speculation that Grimm wouldn't interview for the job after talking to Mularkey about his experience in Buffalo. Apparently, it must not be a great place to work.
    Or Grimm really had no chance so he withdrew his name versus another embrassing non selection.

  9. #9

    Re: Chan Gailey is new Bills Coach

    Quote Originally Posted by Oviedo
    Quote Originally Posted by phillyesq
    Quote Originally Posted by RuthlessBurgher
    How bad is it in Buffalo? They hire a guy to be their head coach that was fired as an offensive coordinator during pre-season last year.

    I guess the 50 year old Leslie Frazier was too young for the 91 year old Ralph Wilson. He gets rid of 59 year old bad word Jauron to hire 58 year old whippersnapper Chan Gailey. Don't forget, Wilson had Marv Levy acting as his G.M. into his 80's.
    There were reports/speculation that Grimm wouldn't interview for the job after talking to Mularkey about his experience in Buffalo. Apparently, it must not be a great place to work.
    Or Grimm really had no chance so he withdrew his name versus another embrassing non selection.
    Haha, or that.

  10. #10
    Legend
    Join Date
    May 2008
    Posts
    17,292

    Re: Chan Gailey is new Bills Coach

    I'm not even going to say what I want to say...

    once again an NFL owner gives an old has been a job instead of a young, creative up and coming candidate...

    I feel for the dedicated Bills fan.
    Bell was fishwhacked, and it was obvious. Where there is piss, there is fire. - Moonie

Bookmarks

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •