Thread: LOL LOL Turner given extension

Legend

User Info Menu

LOL LOL Turner given extension

LOL!

[url="http://www.nytimes.com/aponline/2010/01/18/sports/AP-FBN-Chargers-Turner-Contract.html"]http://www.nytimes.com/aponline/2010/01 ... tract.html[/url]

The New York Times
    Printer Friendly Format Sponsored By

January 18, 2010
    Bolts Extend Turner's Contract Day After Big Loss
    By THE ASSOCIATED PRESS

Filed at 11:03 p.m. ET

SAN DIEGO (AP) -- The San Diego Chargers have given coach Norv Turner a three-year contract extension through 2013.

The extension was announced in a release Monday night, 24 hours after the Chargers were shocked 17-14 by the New York Jets in the divisional playoffs.

The Chargers didn't make Turner or general manager A.J. Smith available for comment.

The extension had been expected. What hadn't been expected was San Diego's playoff collapse. Some had picked the Chargers to win the Super Bowl.

We got our "6-PACK" - time to work on a CASE!

HERE WE GO STEELERS, HERE WE GO!

Legend

User Info Menu

Re: LOL LOL Turner given extension

What hadn't been expected was San Diego's playoff collapse.
    I expect this every year with Norval at the helm. And I'm glad that I can continue to expect it for a few more years.
    Steeler teams featuring stat-driven, me-first, fantasy-football-darling diva types such as Antonio Brown & Le'Veon Bell won no championships.

Super Bowl winning Steeler teams were built around a dynamic, in-your-face defense plus blue-collar, hard-hitting, no-nonsense football players on offense such as Hines Ward & Jerome Bettis.

We don't want Juju & Conner to replace what we lost in Brown & Bell.

We are counting on Juju & Conner to return us to the glory we once had with Hines & The Bus.

Legend

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by RuthlessBurgher
    What hadn't been expected was San Diego's playoff collapse.
    I expect this every year with Norval at the helm. And I'm glad that I can continue to expect it for a few more years.
    Yep. It's nice to know that they're a threat, but not too much of a threat.

Legend

User Info Menu

Has Rivers ever beaten us? Has LT or Sproles ever had a big game IN a big game? Whoever the DB was who fumbled on that 4th down pick should be forced to be their mascot for life.

Shawn Merriman? Is he done since the roid bust? I also remember SD had the same number of arrest as the Bungles the year they were the poster child of NFL gone wrong.

This team screams FAIL in big games except when they play the Colts..
    I lost a bet about Najee gaining 1300 yards.

"Our head coach has failed to win a playoff game for seven years in a row. His game day strategy, culture of divas, in game decisions, clock management, player evaluation, hires, and affinity with sub par starters at RB, P, and OL are holding the Steelers back. That standard remains the standard"