Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: Jerious Norwood Please!

Backup

User Info Menu

Jerious Norwood Please!

When looking at FA for this year i saw Jerious Norwood and have always liked him. I believe he could come cheap and be a great addition to RM for a 1-2 punch. LETS GET BACK TO THE RUN!
    Any other FA you would like to see the Steelers draft please list here.....

Hall of Famer

User Info Menu

Re: Jerious Norwood Please!

At the right price, I wouldn't hate that. Though, what's _WP's (no more F in his name... the F was dropped in '07) situation? I really would doubt whether any team (though I guess stupidity knows no bounds) would give him big money at this point in his career. I would probably say Norwood has more miles in the tank than _WP, but if we could keep Willie on the cheap, I'd probably lean that way.

He is (still) a serviceable backup IMO.
    I wasn't hired for my disposition.

Legend

User Info Menu

Just say no to Parker. The guy has lost his top end speed. Yeah, he is still fast but he still lacks vision, power, hands etc.

I don't see a big advantage of picking up Norwood. We have Moore. If we want an upgrade we will need to do it through the draft.
    Trolls are people too.

Hall of Famer

User Info Menu

Norwood is always hurt...not sure we could trust him to be healthy. And when I say healthy, I understand he is a running back and likely will miss a game here or there...but he misses chunks of time or is constantly playing hurt.
    http://i371.photobucket.com/albums/oo156/shiek2134/SHIEK.jpg?t=1299014285

Legend

User Info Menu

I think Jerome Harrison of the Browns could be a FA. I've liked him since his college days.

devilsdancefloor

Barrett Ruud & Antoine Bethea

Legend

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by flippy
    I think Jerome Harrison of the Browns could be a FA. I've liked him since his college days.
    After rushing for 286, 148, and 127 yards with 5 TD's in the final 3 games of the season (even if it was against K.C., Oakland, and Jacksonville), Harrison saw his value go up tenfold.
    Steeler teams featuring stat-driven, me-first, fantasy-football-darling diva types such as Antonio Brown & Le'Veon Bell won no championships.

Super Bowl winning Steeler teams were built around a dynamic, in-your-face defense plus blue-collar, hard-hitting, no-nonsense football players on offense such as Hines Ward & Jerome Bettis.

We don't want Juju & Conner to replace what we lost in Brown & Bell.

We are counting on Juju & Conner to return us to the glory we once had with Hines & The Bus.

Pro Bowler

User Info Menu

mcclain from baltimore is a UFA i believe...he would be great for short ydg situations....

Legend

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by JTP53609
    mcclain from baltimore is a UFA i believe...he would be great for short ydg situations....
    Nah...he's only been in the league 3 years. If he is a free agent this offseason, he'd be a restricted free agent. He needs at least 4 years of service under his belt to reach unrestricted free agency (if there is a CBA) or 6 years of service under his belt to reach unrestricted free agency (if there is no CBA).
    Steeler teams featuring stat-driven, me-first, fantasy-football-darling diva types such as Antonio Brown & Le'Veon Bell won no championships.

Super Bowl winning Steeler teams were built around a dynamic, in-your-face defense plus blue-collar, hard-hitting, no-nonsense football players on offense such as Hines Ward & Jerome Bettis.

We don't want Juju & Conner to replace what we lost in Brown & Bell.

We are counting on Juju & Conner to return us to the glory we once had with Hines & The Bus.

Legend

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by RuthlessBurgher
    Quote Originally Posted by JTP53609
    Nah...he's only been in the league 3 years. If he is a free agent this offseason, he'd be a restricted free agent. He needs at least 4 years of service under his belt to reach unrestricted free agency (if there is a CBA) or 6 years of service under his belt to reach unrestricted free agency (if there is no CBA).
    No way Baltimore let's us have a crack at McClain anyway... I think we try to get fWP on the cheap. I use the lower case f because he showed some pop in limited action. He is still a guy who can get to the second level if you block for him.
    I lost a bet about Najee gaining 1300 yards.

"Our head coach has failed to win a playoff game for seven years in a row. His game day strategy, culture of divas, in game decisions, clock management, player evaluation, hires, and affinity with sub par starters at RB, P, and OL are holding the Steelers back. That standard remains the standard"