Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Thread: Jerious Norwood Please!

Hall of Famer

Re: Jerious Norwood Please!

if there is no new CBA, Norwood, Harrison, and McClain will all be RFAs and easily retained by their clubs. The only FAs will be older players with 6+ years of service. This will not be a good year at all for FAs
    1 Mike Evans WR Texas A&M
    2 Stephen Tuitt DE Notre Dame
    3c Keith McGill CB Utah
    4 Ross Cockrell CB Duke
    5 Jordan Zumwalt ILB UCLA
    5c Anton Exum S Va Tech
    6 Trey Millard FB/TE Oklahoma
    7 Cody Latimer WR Indiana
    7c DeAnthony Thomas RB Oregon

Pro Bowler

Mike Bell or Leonard Weaver seem like Steeler FA signings to me & they are both tough between the tackles.
    It is not the critic who counts; not the man who points out how the strong man stumbles, or where the doer of deeds could have done them better. The credit belongs to the man who is actually in the arena, whose face is marred by dust & sweat & blood...

Legend

Parker is a fine compliment to Mendy.

Hall of Famer

if jerome harrison is available i would sign him. i would love to get a big rb who is good in short yardage but harrison is too impressive to pass on. he had some monster games on the worst offense in the nfl

Quote Originally Posted by frankthetank1
    if jerome harrison is available i would sign him. i would love to get a big rb who is good in short yardage but harrison is too impressive to pass on. he had some monster games on the worst offense in the nfl
    If the Browns let him go (they'd be foolish to do so, IMO), then I think he'll command big money based on the way he ended the season -- perhaps more than he is worth.

I've always liked Norwood -- he has been on of my fantasy sleepers for about 3 years now -- but he seems to be hurt almost every year.

If Moore, who is going into the last year of his deal, is going to stick around as the veteran of the group, I'd like to see the Steelers snag somebody young later in the draft.

Legend

Quote Originally Posted by steelblood
    if there is no new CBA, Norwood, Harrison, and McClain will all be RFAs and easily retained by their clubs. The only FAs will be older players with 6+ years of service. This will not be a good year at all for FAs
    Also unlikely the Steelers pay FA $$$$ for a RB when there will be a ton available in the draft who will come with a much cheaper price tag. RB is one of the easiest position to replenish through the draft and don't forget we have Issac "Pre Season Superstar" Redman on the practcie squad. Why would we possibly need another RB?

The "I want a free agent too" love fest is beginning early this year.
    Playing Fantasy Football does not qualify you to be the in the front office or on the coaching staff of the Pittsburgh Steelers. They are professionals and you are not!

Legend

We didn't even start talking about guys like Nick Collins yet.

Hall of Famer

Knowing how the Steelers feel about rookies and their current situation...There could be 2 FAs brought in. Possibly a DT if they lose Hampton for depth. They other I think will be done regardless what happens and he might be a starter. If there is an uncapped year the pool is close to empty...But there is one guy out there that could help and be in the Steelers price tag. They need to bring in Leigh Bodden for some competition and to buy some time to bring along the young guys. Bodden will start opposite Taylor and be an upgrade over Gay. He will be 29 after the season starts but he should have some years left. There would be better options if this wasn't going to be an uncapped year but I think the secondary play forced their hand on this one. I would be surprised if they head into camp with only Gay, Lewis, Burnett, Williams, and a drafted rookie to battle it out for the other spot. They will have to pay someone.

Legend

Quote Originally Posted by JUST-PLAIN-NASTY
    Knowing how the Steelers feel about rookies and their current situation...There could be 2 FAs brought in. Possibly a DT if they lose Hampton for depth. They other I think will be done regardless what happens and he might be a starter. If there is an uncapped year the pool is close to empty...But there is one guy out there that could help and be in the Steelers price tag. They need to bring in Leigh Bodden for some competition and to buy some time to bring along the young guys. Bodden will start opposite Taylor and be an upgrade over Gay. He will be 29 after the season starts but he should have some years left. There would be better options if this wasn't going to be an uncapped year but I think the secondary play forced their hand on this one. I would be surprised if they head into camp with only Gay, Lewis, Burnett, Williams, and a drafted rookie to battle it out for the other spot. They will have to pay someone.
    I wanted Leigh Bodden last year and I'd bring him in this year to for experience and competition at at CB. We have become so focused on Gay that we forget "what would we do if Ike Taylor got hurt and did a Troy P on us for a season?" Talk about going from the frying pan into the fire
    Playing Fantasy Football does not qualify you to be the in the front office or on the coaching staff of the Pittsburgh Steelers. They are professionals and you are not!

Hall of Famer

Quote Originally Posted by Oviedo
    Quote Originally Posted by JUST-PLAIN-NASTY
    I wanted Leigh Bodden last year and I'd bring him in this year to for experience and competition at at CB. We have become so focused on Gay that we forget "what would we do if Ike Taylor got hurt and did a Troy P on us for a season?" Talk about going from the frying pan into the fire
    I was for it too. We pretty much are forced to do something now. Gay, Burnett, Lewis "may" become Pro Bowl players sometime in the future...But we don't have a crystal ball. What we do know based upon 2009....We need a capable starter brought in as insurance.