Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: J..E..T..S...JET, JETS, JETS!!!

Backup

User Info Menu

J..E..T..S...JET, JETS, JETS!!!

I find myself hoping that there is justice in the NFL. The Colts who lay down to include alleged lesser oppsonents into the tournament. Wouldn't it be poetic if they LOSE to of all teams the JETS? The Colts who half heartedly played the Jets for 3 quarters, who gave this team a reason to believe! The Colts just played the Ravens, I think that renders the bye week a moot point, Colts vs a second physical team in as many week = a recipe for disaster, IMO. They deserve it!!!

J..E..T..S
    JETS
    JETS
    JETS

Hall of Famer

User Info Menu

Re: J..E..T..S...JET, JETS, JETS!!!

If Jets win, even more interesting would be the fact that the TWO teams that laid down for them in the last two weeks would both be eliminated by that same jets team.

Idiots.
    http://i371.photobucket.com/albums/oo156/shiek2134/SHIEK.jpg?t=1299014285

Pro Bowler

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by Iron Shiek
    If Jets win, even more interesting would be the fact that the TWO teams that laid down for them in the last two weeks would both be eliminated by that same jets team.

Idiots.
    We would have lost to the Jets in Week 17 regardless of if we rested our players or not...

Legend

User Info Menu

As much as I hate NY, Rex Ryan, Bart Scott, etc. I may have to root for the Jets out of everyone that's left in the playoffs.

I hate the final 4 teams. 3 of them are boring as crap to watch. The Jets at least play a style of football that's fun to watch.

I also could enjoy watching the Vikings without Brett Favre.

Pro Bowler

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by Iron Shiek

Idiots.
    Yeah, that would be totally hysterical. Actually if the Jets beat Indy that would be a good thing. It might change the whole "rest the starters" thinking that can artificially change playoff scenarios.

Hall of Famer

User Info Menu

Go Jets!

I think the Colts are in trouble. They stunk vs. a bad Ravens team. The Colts did nothing in that game.

Hall of Famer

User Info Menu

I wouldn't mind seeing the Jets in the bowl. It would actually be funny to watch them play MN- against Favre. I also like Rex Ryan, he just seems to be a very good old-school football coach and that seems to get rarer and rarer.

Legend

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by flippy
    As much as I hate NY, Rex Ryan, Bart Scott, etc. I may have to root for the Jets out of everyone that's left in the playoffs.

I hate the final 4 teams. 3 of them are boring as crap to watch. The Jets at least play a style of football that's fun to watch.

I also could enjoy watching the Vikings without Brett Favre.
    I'll be rooting for the other Black and Gold team to bring home their first Lombardi. I don't find anyone in New Orleans that annoys me like Rex Ryan or Brett Favre or Peyton Manning do.

What is so boring about the way the Saints play, by the way? Their reputation is that is only Air Brees all the time, but that is not reality. They were 6th in the league in rushing. On the other hand, we were 19th in rushing. Their defense had 26 interceptions (running back 5 of them for TD's) and 13 fumbles recovered (running back 3 of them for TD's). Our defense had 12 interceptions (running back 2 of them for TD's) and 10 fumbles recovered (running back 1 of them for a TD).

They are able to have an elite passing game, while also balancing that with a solid run game, and make big plays on defense. That's what we should be doing. They have out-Steelered the Steelers, and I am officially jealous of the other team that wears black and gold.
    Steeler teams featuring stat-driven, me-first, fantasy-football-darling diva types such as Antonio Brown & Le'Veon Bell won no championships.

Super Bowl winning Steeler teams were built around a dynamic, in-your-face defense plus blue-collar, hard-hitting, no-nonsense football players on offense such as Hines Ward & Jerome Bettis.

We don't want Juju & Conner to replace what we lost in Brown & Bell.

We are counting on Juju & Conner to return us to the glory we once had with Hines & The Bus.

Hall of Famer

User Info Menu

Rb, i have to agree. I think those fans would really relish a super bowl win too. Fox Pregame had Jay Glazer with Sean Payton interviewing him in his car after getting off a plane from a road game, and its like freakin Mardi Gras at the airport. Thousands of fans line the street leaving the airport and cheer all the players/coaches as they drive off. Its ridiculous.

Plus Colts and Saints were essentially the two best teams this year. I wouldn't mind seeing that matchup.
    http://i371.photobucket.com/albums/oo156/shiek2134/SHIEK.jpg?t=1299014285

Legend

User Info Menu

Saints are the offense I want to be.... I thought they were pass happy until it was pointed out how much they run. They just appear to pass a lot because they do it well. I would love to watch us and complain about the run only to find out Mend ended up with 18 rushes for 114 yards
    I lost a bet about Najee gaining 1300 yards.

"Our head coach has failed to win a playoff game for seven years in a row. His game day strategy, culture of divas, in game decisions, clock management, player evaluation, hires, and affinity with sub par starters at RB, P, and OL are holding the Steelers back. That standard remains the standard"