Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Chan Gailey is new Bills Coach

Legend

User Info Menu

Chan Gailey is new Bills Coach

[url="http://sports.espn.go.com/nfl/news/story?id=4838361"]http://sports.espn.go.com/nfl/news/story?id=4838361[/url]

I guess there is no way but up taking this job.
    "My team, may they always be right, but right or wrong...MY TEAM!"

Pro Bowler

User Info Menu

Re: Chan Gailey is new Bills Coach

Nobody else wanted it, from many reports.

Pro Bowler

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by proudpittsburgher
    I think Leslie Frazer wanted it. But nobody wants to give him a HC job...

Legend

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by Jom112
    Quote Originally Posted by proudpittsburgher
    I think Leslie Frazer wanted it. But nobody wants to give him a HC job...
    I think it is more about impatience and wanting someone now versus waiting potentially up to 3 more weeks.

Starter

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by Oviedo
    http://sports.espn.go.com/nfl/news/story?id=4838361

I guess there is no way but up taking this job.

I'd guess that when Bill turned them down- he was asked who he would recommend.

Legend

User Info Menu

How bad is it in Buffalo? They hire a guy to be their head coach that was fired as an offensive coordinator during pre-season last year.

I guess the 50 year old Leslie Frazier was too young for the 91 year old Ralph Wilson. He gets rid of 59 year old Dick Jauron to hire 58 year old whippersnapper Chan Gailey. Don't forget, Wilson had Marv Levy acting as his G.M. into his 80's.
    Steeler teams featuring stat-driven, me-first, fantasy-football-darling diva types such as Antonio Brown & Le'Veon Bell won no championships.

Super Bowl winning Steeler teams were built around a dynamic, in-your-face defense plus blue-collar, hard-hitting, no-nonsense football players on offense such as Hines Ward & Jerome Bettis.

We don't want Juju & Conner to replace what we lost in Brown & Bell.

We are counting on Juju & Conner to return us to the glory we once had with Hines & The Bus.

Legend

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by RuthlessBurgher
    How bad is it in Buffalo? They hire a guy to be their head coach that was fired as an offensive coordinator during pre-season last year.

I guess the 50 year old Leslie Frazier was too young for the 91 year old Ralph Wilson. He gets rid of 59 year old bad word Jauron to hire 58 year old whippersnapper Chan Gailey. Don't forget, Wilson had Marv Levy acting as his G.M. into his 80's.
    There were reports/speculation that Grimm wouldn't interview for the job after talking to Mularkey about his experience in Buffalo. Apparently, it must not be a great place to work.

Legend

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by phillyesq

I guess the 50 year old Leslie Frazier was too young for the 91 year old Ralph Wilson. He gets rid of 59 year old bad word Jauron to hire 58 year old whippersnapper Chan Gailey. Don't forget, Wilson had Marv Levy acting as his G.M. into his 80's.
    There were reports/speculation that Grimm wouldn't interview for the job after talking to Mularkey about his experience in Buffalo. Apparently, it must not be a great place to work.
    Or Grimm really had no chance so he withdrew his name versus another embrassing non selection.

Legend

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by Oviedo
    Quote Originally Posted by phillyesq

Or Grimm really had no chance so he withdrew his name versus another embrassing non selection.
    Haha, or that.

Legend

User Info Menu

I'm not even going to say what I want to say...

once again an NFL owner gives an old has been a job instead of a young, creative up and coming candidate...

I feel for the dedicated Bills fan.
    I lost a bet about Najee gaining 1300 yards.

"Our head coach has failed to win a playoff game for seven years in a row. His game day strategy, culture of divas, in game decisions, clock management, player evaluation, hires, and affinity with sub par starters at RB, P, and OL are holding the Steelers back. That standard remains the standard"