Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: J..E..T..S...JET, JETS, JETS!!!

Legend

User Info Menu

Re: J..E..T..S...JET, JETS, JETS!!!

Quote Originally Posted by RuthlessBurgher
    Quote Originally Posted by flippy
    As much as I hate NY, Rex Ryan, Bart Scott, etc. I may have to root for the Jets out of everyone that's left in the playoffs.

I hate the final 4 teams. 3 of them are boring as crap to watch. The Jets at least play a style of football that's fun to watch.

I also could enjoy watching the Vikings without Brett Favre.
    I'll be rooting for the other Black and Gold team to bring home their first Lombardi. I don't find anyone in New Orleans that annoys me like Rex Ryan or Brett Favre or Peyton Manning do.

What is so boring about the way the Saints play, by the way? Their reputation is that is only Air Brees all the time, but that is not reality. They were 6th in the league in rushing. On the other hand, we were 19th in rushing. Their defense had 26 interceptions (running back 5 of them for TD's) and 13 fumbles recovered (running back 3 of them for TD's). Our defense had 12 interceptions (running back 2 of them for TD's) and 10 fumbles recovered (running back 1 of them for a TD).

They are able to have an elite passing game, while also balancing that with a solid run game, and make big plays on defense. That's what we should be doing. They have out-Steelered the Steelers, and I am officially jealous of the other team that wears black and gold.
    I just have a hard time getting into a Saints game for some reason. They make me want to put a bag over my head or something

I'm not a big Drew Brees fan and think he's overhyped a little a la Favre, Peyton, etc. I think that's what makes them hard to watch for me.

Backup

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by Iron Shiek
    If Jets win, even more interesting would be the fact that the TWO teams that laid down for them in the last two weeks would both be eliminated by that same jets team.

Idiots.

Exactley, this is about sweet justice being served to the most deserving team, namely the Dolts! Sit your starters and let a team in the door while shutting another out is just bad news, especially now that they will have to see that team that they essentially told "we would play against you". The Dolts are gonna get smacked in the mouth, they may not lose but they will know they were in a fight and that may be enough to derail their qwest.

Backup

User Info Menu

I don't like Indy (We'd have to hear Manning Manning Manning for two weeks) but because of Faneca I really don't want the Jets to go either. He was such a big baby and distraction his last year here.

Legend

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by feltdizz
    Saints are the offense I want to be.... I thought they were pass happy until it was pointed out how much they run. They just appear to pass a lot because they do it well. I would love to watch us and complain about the run only to find out Mend ended up with 18 rushes for 114 yards
    This is the one thing where I will agree with dizz...emulate the Saints model of offense. They are able to have a 4300+ yard passer (just like we did), but they balance that out with the 6th ranked rushing offense in the league (vs. our 19th ranked rushing offense).

Some folks say that we should be more like the Jets, who lead the league in rushing at total defense...that was us 5 years ago, when Ben only had to be a game manager. That would be a step backward for us. In this day and age, you have to be able to take advantage of your weapons like Ben, Hines, Holmes, Heath, Wallace, etc. instead of just pounding the rock all the time like we used to.

Arians seems intent on making us like the Colts (he was Peyton's first QB coach in the NFL after all), but the more you watch Peyton, the more you realize that he is the polar opposite of Ben (just watching him roll over into a fetal position whenever a defender comes within 3 yards of him makes me want to gag after years of seeing Ben do amazing things after breaking free of tackles in the backfield...I'm not saying that Ben shouldn't learn to throw the ball away more or use his underneath outlets more in order to preserve his shelf-life in this league, but Manning takes that to the opposite extreme, giving up at any sign of possible contact). We shouldn't strive to be a team that passes for 4500 yards, but is 32nd in the league in rushing. You still need some balance in your game.

The best bet for a balanced attack would be the Saints (who also have a big play defense that takes the ball away from the other team, unlike ours, and a special teams that can make big plays as well...did you see the Reggie Bush punt return this weekend?)
    Steeler teams featuring stat-driven, me-first, fantasy-football-darling diva types such as Antonio Brown & Le'Veon Bell won no championships.

Super Bowl winning Steeler teams were built around a dynamic, in-your-face defense plus blue-collar, hard-hitting, no-nonsense football players on offense such as Hines Ward & Jerome Bettis.

We don't want Juju & Conner to replace what we lost in Brown & Bell.

We are counting on Juju & Conner to return us to the glory we once had with Hines & The Bus.

Hall of Famer

User Info Menu

Mike Wallace makes a great Robert Meachem.

I can't believe I'm saying that because Meachem looked like a complete bust the last couple of years. But they both now possess the incredible propensity of getting behind the defense and being open. Its remarkable. I'm so excited to watch Wallace. If I were a girl, I'd be doing this right now:
    http://i371.photobucket.com/albums/oo156/shiek2134/SHIEK.jpg?t=1299014285

Legend

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by Iron Shiek
    If I were a girl, I'd be doing this right now:
    That's just disturbing. :P
    Steeler teams featuring stat-driven, me-first, fantasy-football-darling diva types such as Antonio Brown & Le'Veon Bell won no championships.

Super Bowl winning Steeler teams were built around a dynamic, in-your-face defense plus blue-collar, hard-hitting, no-nonsense football players on offense such as Hines Ward & Jerome Bettis.

We don't want Juju & Conner to replace what we lost in Brown & Bell.

We are counting on Juju & Conner to return us to the glory we once had with Hines & The Bus.