Thread: Caputi and Lovejoy sent down

Pittsburgh

Caputi and Lovejoy sent down

Penguins send 2 back to farm team
    Monday, January 18, 2010
    Pittsburgh Post-Gazette

The Penguins have returned winger Luca Caputi and defenseman Ben Lovejoy to their farm team in Wilkes-Barre.

Caputi played in four games after being recalled from the Baby Penguins, recording a goal and an assist.

Lovejoy has appeared in 12 NHL games this season, putting up three assists and an impressive plus-minus rating of plus-8.

Read more: [url="http://www.post-gazette.com/pg/10018/1029155-100.stm#ixzz0cyrwsm7T"]http://www.post-gazette.com/pg/10018/10 ... z0cyrwsm7T[/url]

Legend

User Info Menu

Re: Caputi and Lovejoy sent down

In the AHL last season, Lovejoy had a league-best plus/minus rating of +42.
    Steeler teams featuring stat-driven, me-first, fantasy-football-darling diva types such as Antonio Brown & Le'Veon Bell won no championships.

Super Bowl winning Steeler teams were built around a dynamic, in-your-face defense plus blue-collar, hard-hitting, no-nonsense football players on offense such as Hines Ward & Jerome Bettis.

We don't want Juju & Conner to replace what we lost in Brown & Bell.

We are counting on Juju & Conner to return us to the glory we once had with Hines & The Bus.

Pittsburgh

I have not heard anything about Kunitz returning anytime soon, so apparently we are going with twelve fowards from here on out. I'm ecstatic to see Orpik back in the lineup tonight. That defense needs all the help they can get at this point.

Anyways, we might want to show up tonight. Teams in our own division are starting to play good hockey, including the New York Islanders. They are 6-1 in the month of January with wins over the Wings, Sabres, Devils, Avs and Yotes. Not bad. They are coming off a 4-0 victory over the Devils.

Hall of Famer

User Info Menu

Was Goddard in tonight? I don't recall hearing his name called at all.

Pittsburgh

Quote Originally Posted by D Rock
    Was Goddard in tonight?
    He played. We only have twelve forwards.