Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Redundant Thoughts 2010 – Divisional Playoffs

Backup

User Info Menu

Redundant Thoughts 2010 – Divisional Playoffs

deleted...
    Last edited by redundantman; 09-03-2014 at 03:23 AM.

Backup

User Info Menu

Re: Redundant Thoughts 2010 – Divisional Playoffs

Quote Originally Posted by redundantman
    2. Boy howdy the Ravens looked like crap again. I can’t emphasize that enough: they looked terrible. Flacco is either having the worst of the Sophomore Jinx or he is starting to show his true abilities (or lack thereof).

8. And Tony Romo … every year we listen to how Mr. November is going to lead the Cowboys to the Super Bowl and every year we get to tell them we told you so. It’s like the non-lottery players making fun of people who buy lottery tickets but frankly the people buying lottery tickets have a much better chance of winning millions of dollars than Romo has of ever taking a team to the Lombardi trophy.

9. Every commentator in speaking of the Cowboys defeat made the following excuse for Romo: He was running for his life! He was sacked 6 times! I watched that game and what I saw wasn’t anything that Ben typically overcomes in any given game. But the sports mouths will line up to make excuses for Rivers and Romo and wax eloquently on why they would take either of them over Ben.
    The Ravens, Cowboys, and Pats losing have made this a most enjoyable playoffs considering we are sitting at home.

I have zero confidence in either Romo or Flacco. Romo folds under pressure, and I just don’t like the guy, though my loathing will never reach a Brady-esque level. Flacco comes across as a turnover waiting to happen if you put the game on his shoulders. Watching both of them play makes me think of how I felt when Kordell was in for the Steelers. He did some good things and came through every now and then, but you just knew it was going to hit the fan at any moment.

Hall of Famer

User Info Menu

Yeah I agree. I don't have tooooo much disdain for the teams that are left. Could care less for the Colts, but if they won it all I wouldn't be pi$$ed or anything. They are a good team. And while I couldn't take all the sucking off of Favre that would occur, it wouldn't bother me if they won either. Saints are a nice story though.

The one that sticks in my craw is the Jets though. They were given a gift of a playoff spot and really, should they even be here right now? I say no. But hey, they are making the most of it and taking down the "class" of the AFC, one by one. So kudos to them. I don't see it lasting though.
    http://i371.photobucket.com/albums/oo156/shiek2134/SHIEK.jpg?t=1299014285

Legend

User Info Menu

I don't understand the Jets getting a "playoff gift" crowd. Anyone who was 9-7 had help getting in right?
    I lost a bet about Najee gaining 1300 yards.

"Our head coach has failed to win a playoff game for seven years in a row. His game day strategy, culture of divas, in game decisions, clock management, player evaluation, hires, and affinity with sub par starters at RB, P, and OL are holding the Steelers back. That standard remains the standard"

Hall of Famer

User Info Menu

Dude...come on! The Colts play a "full" game and the Jets woulda got smacked around. I know you are a Colts hater, but don't deny that. That one loss is the difference between "IN" and "OUT" of the playoffs.

Not to mention the tank job the Bungles did in week 17. Granted the Bungles starters probably couldve lost the game the way they played down the stretch.
    http://i371.photobucket.com/albums/oo156/shiek2134/SHIEK.jpg?t=1299014285

Legend

User Info Menu

I really enjoyed seeing the Ravens, Cowboys and Chargers get knocked out this weekend. I wish the Cardinals would have sent Favre home, but I suppose you can't have everything.

I'm really enjoying watching the Jets. The formula of strong D and power running reminds me of the Steelers a few years ago. I'm not sure how much longer they're going to be able to hide Sanchez, but I do enjoy watching them play.

Legend

User Info Menu

Would love to see the Saints get their first title...over the Jets.

Don't ever forget where their head coach and #57 came from!

Legend

User Info Menu

A Saints vs Indy Super Bowl with the Saints bringing home the title would give Mrs. Pappy a perfect playoff pool challenge and add about $1500 to the Pappy household taxable income for 2010.

Go Mrs. Pappy Go!

Pappy

1.20 -
    2.51 -
    3.84 -
    3.98 -
    4.119 -
    7.178 -
    7.195 -

"Football is a physical game, well, it used to be anyways" - Mel Blount

Legend

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by stlrz d
    Would love to see the Saints get their first title...over the Jets.

Don't ever forget where their head coach and #57 came from!

Wouldn't that be ironic, Favre leaves the Jets to join the Vikes to get a SB ring, then loses to the Saints only to see the Jets in the SB!

We got our "6-PACK" - time to work on a CASE!

HERE WE GO STEELERS, HERE WE GO!

Pro Bowler

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by redundantman
    2. Boy howdy the Ravens looked like crap again. I can’t emphasize that enough: they looked terrible. Flacco is either having the worst of the Sophomore Jinx or he is starting to show his true abilities (or lack thereof).

Wasn't Flacco supposed to have a leg injury?

5. I was driving in today listening to the Stephen A. Smith show (it was on accident I promise). Smith was talking to some nob about QBs and Rivers and his class came up. The nob mentioned that Rivers hasn’t done anything but he still considers him the best of the class. Now that’s enough to make me want to kick a puppy but guess what Smith’s response was: “Eli already has a ring.” And then he backs up his point with the notion that Eli didn’t have much of a team and did it all on his own.

Ben. A mere afterthought in the great sports minds of our era.

6. I have ZERO sympathy for the Chargers or their fans. I will never forgive them for beating the steelers in the ’95 championship game and then rolling over and trying to get their bellies scratched by the 49ers in the Super Bowl. That and they live in San Diego (a.k.a. paradise). You can’t have Super Bowls San Diego! Not yours!

I actually do feel bad for LT. If not for that stupid-*ss DB who tried returning Brady's pick
    on 4th down he had a real good chance to win SB42. Other than LT, not much though.

7. So it is with glee every year that I watch the snot-nosed punk Phillip “Mr. December” Rivers get bounced from the playoffs early. I don’t doubt that next year the Stephen A. Smiths of the world will, in an attempt to sound wise and knowledgeable, take Rivers over Ben but in the meantime it’s Schadenfreude weekend at my house.

Some are enamored of ratings and yards. Others of wins and titles.

8. And Tony Romo … every year we listen to how Mr. November is going to lead the Cowboys to the Super Bowl and every year we get to tell them we told you so. It’s like the non-lottery players making fun of people who buy lottery tickets but frankly the people buying lottery tickets have a much better chance of winning millions of dollars than Romo has of ever taking a team to the Lombardi trophy.

Romo actually seems like a likeable guy.

9. Every commentator in speaking of the Cowboys defeat made the following excuse for Romo: He was running for his life! He was sacked 6 times! I watched that game and what I saw wasn’t anything that Ben typically overcomes in any given game. But the sports mouths will line up to make excuses for Rivers and Romo and wax eloquently on why they would take either of them over Ben.

Ben and Romo both have about 8 YPA. The difference. Just what you said. Under pressure, one of these is not like the other.

10. Have you noticed a trend to my comments here? Ben is underrated.

I didn't really notice that.

12. Jets-Colts … the Colts defense looked dang good against the Ravens but who doesn’t? Clearly the better defense is the Jets. Clearly the better offense is the Colts. I’m looking for Sanchez to finally collapse and the Colts to win.

Therefore, I CLEARLY cannot take the cup in front of you!

[attachment=0:311ijx38]princessbride019.jpg[/attachment:311ijx38]
    Attached Images Attached Images