Page 5 of 5 FirstFirst ... 345

Thread: Revis vs Timmons

Where the Rubber Meets the Road (in NEPA)

Re: Revis vs Timmons

Quote Originally Posted by feltdizz
    Quote Originally Posted by SteelStallion
    You guys worry way too much about Timmons. He's a good, young player with speed. I would be much more concerned with the geriatric ward surrounding him that kept'm out of the playoffs.
    This right here.. We are old in a lot of spots... While Big Snack is fat and older he is still on the field. I think it's time to address Aaron Smith... He can't stay on the field.
    We already did address an Aaron Smith replacement. His name is Ziggy Hood. When we drafted him in April, many assumed that he would be the replacement for free-agent-to-be Brett Keisel. But when Keisel signed a 5 year contract in August, it became clear that Ziggy was to be the heir apparent to the aging Aaron Smith, not Keisel, since Brett is obviously in their plans for the foreseeable future.

1.15 WR Mike Evans, Texas A&M
    2.46 TE Austin Seferian-Jenkins, Washington
    3.97c ILB Shayne Skov, Stanford
    4.118 CB Philip Gaines, Rice
    5.157 OT James Hurst, North Carolina
    5.173c RB Jerrick McKinnon, Georgia Southern
    6.192 CB Walt Aikens, Liberty
    6.215c DE Deandre Coleman, California
    7.230 NT Zack Kerr, Delaware

We didn't pass on Revis... I don't understand the Timmons hate either. I don't buy the "even if Revis was there" we take Timmons. People can say anything about what they woulda done when there is no woulda to hold them to...
    Exactly. If I'm the GM I would say "Timmons was always our target. He was our man all along. We are thrilled that he somehow dropped to us at 15. We figured that a prospect such as this would have gone in the top 10. As a matter of fact, our only decision was whether to select Timmons or Woodley at 15."

Legend

Quote Originally Posted by RuthlessBurgher
    Quote Originally Posted by SteelStallion
    You guys worry way too much about Timmons. He's a good, young player with speed. I would be much more concerned with the geriatric ward surrounding him that kept'm out of the playoffs.
    This right here.. We are old in a lot of spots... While Big Snack is fat and older he is still on the field. I think it's time to address Aaron Smith... He can't stay on the field.
    We already did address an Aaron Smith replacement. His name is Ziggy Hood. When we drafted him in April, many assumed that he would be the replacement for free-agent-to-be Brett Keisel. But when Keisel signed a 5 year contract in August, it became clear that Ziggy was to be the heir apparent to the aging Aaron Smith, not Keisel, since Brett is obviously in their plans for the foreseeable future.
    then we need to draft a prospect for Keisel.. lol.

I really like Hood and look forward to the draft gurus whining about his lack of production and not living up to their expectations next year.

Pro Bowler

Outside of God telling you who the Steelers would have drafted between Revis and Timmons, don't believe ANYTHING you hear before or after draft day. There is so much espionage and foul play regarding the drafts that you are naive if you believe anyone. Before OR after the draft.
    No team wants another team to know they stole their player.
    As for Revis versus Timmons. Both are progressing and Revis is looking very good. Luck be a lady sometimes. The got a good one. A blind squirrel finds a nut everyone in awhile, especially when he gets to go before all the other squirrels so often.