Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Norv & Wade do it again

Hall of Famer

User Info Menu

Norv & Wade do it again

I know it's been well-proven with these two guys... but after today's developments, it's pretty much 100% confirmed.

You simply CAN NOT continue with these guys at the helm, if you expect to truly challenge for a Super Bowl.
    I wasn't hired for my disposition.

Legend

User Info Menu

Re: Norv & Wade do it again

Hold up a minute, Chargers have a chance.

Hall of Famer

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by BURGH86STEEL

Whether they win this or not, they have a vastly superior football team, an experienced playoff roster, home-field, and are well-rested. I know the Jets have a borderline dominant D, but all those other factors should be enough to get you through this round 8 times out of 10.

Legend

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by Shoe

Whether they win this or not, they have a vastly superior football team, an experienced playoff roster, home-field, and are well-rested. I know the Jets have a borderline dominant D, but all those other factors should be enough to get you through this round 8 times out of 10.
    Not sure they have a vastly superior football team. I like to think all teams have the talent to win in the NFL. I guess if we have learned anything over the years it that experience, home field, and being well rested does not mean anything in the playoffs. Especially when the players give the ball away.

Well game over. Jets live to fight another day.

Hall of Famer

User Info Menu

Not sure they have a vastly superior football team. I like to think all teams have the talent to win in the NFL. I guess if we have learned anything over the years it that experience, home field, and being well rested does not mean anything in the playoffs. Especially when the players give the ball away.

Are you serious?
    I mean I'm don't want to get into a huge debate about this game, but...

YOU GOTTA BE KIDDING ME.

"Experience, home-field, and rest" does not mean anything? How many first-time playoff teams (as opposed to teams knocking at the game every year) break through and win on their first shot?

How many teams with a rookie QB have gotten to the SB?

How many wild-card teams win the SB?

Legend

User Info Menu

Are you serious?
    I mean I'm don't want to get into a huge debate about this game, but...

YOU GOTTA BE KIDDING ME.

"Experience, home-field, and rest" does not mean anything? How many first-time playoff teams (as opposed to teams knocking at the game every year) break through and win on their first shot?

How many teams with a rookie QB have gotten to the SB?

How many wild-card teams win the SB?
    I don't believe any rookie QB's have made it to the SB. That would be a first if the Jets can defeat the Colts.

The Giants and Steelers were the last two wild card teams to win the SB. The wild card Eagles and Ravens were in the conference championship games last season.

I said all those things don't mean anything because the league is to a point where any team that makes the playoffs can win the SB. It may not be the "norm" but it can happen. Upsets happen all the time. That was my point.

Starter

User Info Menu

"Norv" is a consummate choke-king, but some blame has to fall on the Charger's kicker, the dude looked like Ray Finkle out there tonight...

Legend

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by anger 82&95
    "Norv" is a consummate choke-king, but some blame has to fall on the Charger's kicker, the dude looked like Ray Finkle out there tonight...
    I can't say the Chargers choked. The Jets D is tough. They blitz every down.
    I lost a bet about Najee gaining 1300 yards.

"Our head coach has failed to win a playoff game for seven years in a row. His game day strategy, culture of divas, in game decisions, clock management, player evaluation, hires, and affinity with sub par starters at RB, P, and OL are holding the Steelers back. That standard remains the standard"

Legend

User Info Menu

Kaeding is Einhorn! Einhorn is Kaeding!

***Cue "Crying Game" Music***
    Steeler teams featuring stat-driven, me-first, fantasy-football-darling diva types such as Antonio Brown & Le'Veon Bell won no championships.

Super Bowl winning Steeler teams were built around a dynamic, in-your-face defense plus blue-collar, hard-hitting, no-nonsense football players on offense such as Hines Ward & Jerome Bettis.

We don't want Juju & Conner to replace what we lost in Brown & Bell.

We are counting on Juju & Conner to return us to the glory we once had with Hines & The Bus.

Starter

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by feltdizz
    I can't say the Chargers choked. The Jets D is tough. They blitz every down.
    Numerous false starts, a snap over the QB's head, three missed FGs and the untimely personal foul by Phillips... not very focused.