Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
Results 1 to 10 of 19

Thread: Heath vs Gates

  1. #1

    Heath vs Gates

    Gates dropped a couple of easy passes today. I know everyone has a bad game (example: Nate Kaeding) but I don't think Heath would have dropped two. Gate doesn't block half as good either. Heath is the real pro-bowler. Good to have him signed for a few more years

  2. #2

    Re: Heath vs Gates

    Miller dropped one late in the season. It's such a rare event I was like wha??? Miller is actually human. Give me Miller over most of the TEs in the league.
    2014 NFL Draft
    1) ​Darqueze Dennard-DB MSU
    2) Jordan Matthews-WR Vandy
    3) Chris Borland-ILB Wisconsin
    4) Caraun Reid, DT Princeton
    5) De'Anthony Thomas-RB Oregon
    5b) Ryan Carrethers-NT Arkansas State
    6) Jeff Janis-WR Saginow Valley State
    6b) Seantrel Henderson, OT MIami
    7) Colt Lyerla -TE Oregon

  3. #3
    Legend
    Join Date
    May 2008
    Posts
    12,349

    Re: Heath vs Gates

    He also made a nice one handed grab.

    Pro Bowl doesn't care about blocking when it comes to TE's...

    Heath is the perfect fit for our team. I think he dropped about 4 passes all season.

  4. #4
    Hall of Famer
    Join Date
    May 2008
    Posts
    3,109

    Re: Heath vs Gates

    heath had his share of drops this year, unlike in the past.


    F gates.

    i would never want a a one dimensional pass catching TE

  5. #5

    Re: Heath vs Gates

    Quote Originally Posted by feltdizz
    He also made a nice one handed grab.

    Pro Bowl doesn't care about blocking when it comes to TE's...

    Heath is the perfect fit for our team. I think he dropped about 4 passes all season.
    Well if we rate em by blocking skills, Mark Bruener was better than either Gate or Miller. I dont remember him dropping many passes either. Slow as all get but he could block.

  6. #6
    Pro Bowler
    Join Date
    May 2008
    Posts
    2,127

    Re: Heath vs Gates

    Quote Originally Posted by NJ-STEELER
    heath had his share of drops this year, unlike in the past.


    F gates.

    i would never want a a one dimensional pass catching TE
    I don't believe Gates is one dimensional. He helped to block for LT during some of his best seasons.

    I think the slight edge goes to Gates for everything he brings to the table. He is more athletic, faster, can block, and a match up problem for LB's, CB's, and safeties. He is like a WR playing in a TE's body.

    I don't think a team can go wrong having either player.

  7. #7
    Pro Bowler
    Join Date
    May 2008
    Posts
    2,127

    Re: Heath vs Gates

    Quote Originally Posted by Captain Lemming
    Quote Originally Posted by feltdizz
    He also made a nice one handed grab.

    Pro Bowl doesn't care about blocking when it comes to TE's...

    Heath is the perfect fit for our team. I think he dropped about 4 passes all season.
    Well if we rate em by blocking skills, Mark Bruener was better than either Gate or Miller. I dont remember him dropping many passes either. Slow as all get but he could block.
    Bruener was like an Olinemen playing TE.

  8. #8
    Legend
    Join Date
    May 2008
    Posts
    12,349

    Re: Heath vs Gates

    Quote Originally Posted by BURGH86STEEL
    Quote Originally Posted by Captain Lemming
    Quote Originally Posted by feltdizz
    He also made a nice one handed grab.

    Pro Bowl doesn't care about blocking when it comes to TE's...

    Heath is the perfect fit for our team. I think he dropped about 4 passes all season.
    Well if we rate em by blocking skills, Mark Bruener was better than either Gate or Miller. I dont remember him dropping many passes either. Slow as all get but he could block.
    Bruener was like an Olinemen playing TE.
    I would love another Bruener at TE. I think Heath is a decent blocker but he isn't anything to write home about. He is also part of the OL that isn't getting a push like we are used to.

  9. #9
    Hall of Famer
    Join Date
    Jul 2008
    Posts
    2,775

    Re: Heath vs Gates

    Quote Originally Posted by Herewegosteelers!
    Gates dropped a couple of easy passes today. I know everyone has a bad game (example: Nate Kaeding) but I don't think Heath would have dropped two. Gate doesn't block half as good either. Heath is the real pro-bowler. Good to have him signed for a few more years
    I don't think there is much diff between Gates and Heath.

    Heath did drop few passes this season and one went for INT. I think it was KC game. But Big Ben did throw a lot of passes to Heath this season hence couple of drops.

    Heath is Money. Heath is a perfect fit in Black n Gold...
    Steelers Draft
    Rd 1: Mike Evans - WR
    Rd 2: Kyle Van Noy - ILB/OLB
    Rd 3c: Philip Gaines - CB
    Rd 4: Taylor Hart - DE
    Rd 5: Justin Ellis - DT
    Rd 5c:Xavier Grimble -TE

  10. #10
    Pro Bowler
    Join Date
    May 2008
    Posts
    2,127

    Re: Heath vs Gates

    Quote Originally Posted by feltdizz
    Quote Originally Posted by BURGH86STEEL
    Quote Originally Posted by Captain Lemming
    Quote Originally Posted by feltdizz
    He also made a nice one handed grab.

    Pro Bowl doesn't care about blocking when it comes to TE's...

    Heath is the perfect fit for our team. I think he dropped about 4 passes all season.
    Well if we rate em by blocking skills, Mark Bruener was better than either Gate or Miller. I dont remember him dropping many passes either. Slow as all get but he could block.
    Bruener was like an Olinemen playing TE.
    I would love another Bruener at TE. I think Heath is a decent blocker but he isn't anything to write home about. He is also part of the OL that isn't getting a push like we are used to.
    I agree, both starting TE's(Miller & Spaeth) blocking is something that must improve if this team wants to do better rushing the ball in short yardage & goal line situations. Sometimes those guys are the break down in pass and run blocking. Maybe Johnson will be the guy to help in that area next season.

Bookmarks

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •