Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Heath vs Gates

Backup

User Info Menu

Heath vs Gates

Gates dropped a couple of easy passes today. I know everyone has a bad game (example: Nate Kaeding) but I don't think Heath would have dropped two. Gate doesn't block half as good either. Heath is the real pro-bowler. Good to have him signed for a few more years

Legend

User Info Menu

Re: Heath vs Gates

Miller dropped one late in the season. It's such a rare event I was like wha??? Miller is actually human. Give me Miller over most of the TEs in the league.
    Trolls are people too.

Legend

User Info Menu

He also made a nice one handed grab.

Pro Bowl doesn't care about blocking when it comes to TE's...

Heath is the perfect fit for our team. I think he dropped about 4 passes all season.
    I lost a bet about Najee gaining 1300 yards.

"Our head coach has failed to win a playoff game for seven years in a row. His game day strategy, culture of divas, in game decisions, clock management, player evaluation, hires, and affinity with sub par starters at RB, P, and OL are holding the Steelers back. That standard remains the standard"

Legend

User Info Menu

heath had his share of drops this year, unlike in the past.

F gates.

i would never want a a one dimensional pass catching TE

Legend

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by feltdizz

Heath is the perfect fit for our team. I think he dropped about 4 passes all season.
    Well if we rate em by blocking skills, Mark Bruener was better than either Gate or Miller. I dont remember him dropping many passes either. Slow as all get but he could block.

In view of the fact that Mike Tomlin has matched Cowhers record I give him the designation:

TCFCLTC-
    The Coach Formerly Considered Less Than Cowher

Legend

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by NJ-STEELER
    heath had his share of drops this year, unlike in the past.

F gates.

i would never want a a one dimensional pass catching TE
    I don't believe Gates is one dimensional. He helped to block for LT during some of his best seasons.

I think the slight edge goes to Gates for everything he brings to the table. He is more athletic, faster, can block, and a match up problem for LB's, CB's, and safeties. He is like a WR playing in a TE's body.

I don't think a team can go wrong having either player.

Legend

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by Captain Lemming

Well if we rate em by blocking skills, Mark Bruener was better than either Gate or Miller. I dont remember him dropping many passes either. Slow as all get but he could block.
    Bruener was like an Olinemen playing TE.

Legend

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by BURGH86STEEL

I would love another Bruener at TE. I think Heath is a decent blocker but he isn't anything to write home about. He is also part of the OL that isn't getting a push like we are used to.
    I lost a bet about Najee gaining 1300 yards.

"Our head coach has failed to win a playoff game for seven years in a row. His game day strategy, culture of divas, in game decisions, clock management, player evaluation, hires, and affinity with sub par starters at RB, P, and OL are holding the Steelers back. That standard remains the standard"

Hall of Famer

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by Herewegosteelers!
    Gates dropped a couple of easy passes today. I know everyone has a bad game (example: Nate Kaeding) but I don't think Heath would have dropped two. Gate doesn't block half as good either. Heath is the real pro-bowler. Good to have him signed for a few more years
    I don't think there is much diff between Gates and Heath.

Heath did drop few passes this season and one went for INT. I think it was KC game. But Big Ben did throw a lot of passes to Heath this season hence couple of drops.

Heath is Money. Heath is a perfect fit in Black n Gold...
    Steelers Draft 2015
    Rd 1: Devante Parker - WR/ Kevin Johnson - CB
    Rd 2: Danielle Hunter -OLB
    Rd 3: Steven Nelson - CB
    Rd 4: Derron Smith - S
    Rd 5: Henry Anderson - DE
    Rd 6: Wes Saxton - TE
    Rd 7: Deon Simon - DT

Legend

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by BURGH86STEEL

I would love another Bruener at TE. I think Heath is a decent blocker but he isn't anything to write home about. He is also part of the OL that isn't getting a push like we are used to.
    I agree, both starting TE's(Miller & Spaeth) blocking is something that must improve if this team wants to do better rushing the ball in short yardage & goal line situations. Sometimes those guys are the break down in pass and run blocking. Maybe Johnson will be the guy to help in that area next season.