Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
Results 1 to 10 of 17

Thread: Anthony Dixon...the Next Great Steeler power back

  1. #1

    Anthony Dixon...the Next Great Steeler power back

    6 Foot 1 235 pounds of pure running power

    Tough, tough runner with vision. His motor never stops...a true power back in every sense of the word.
    He can catch too. I believe he could be the cure to our redzone woes. He is the type of back we have lacked for sometime...a back that can wear a D down.

    Check these out...

    http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=d4kS6CA_0oM
    http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=4_XKKoMd ... re=related
    http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=GTZ7J8FtKkM

    Discuss.

  2. #2
    Legend
    Join Date
    May 2008
    Location
    Brisbane, Queensland, Australia, Australia
    Posts
    5,557

    Re: Anthony Dixon...the Next Great Steeler power back

    Hmm...interesting prospect.

    To be honest though, for a back-up RB/short yardage guy, Chadman prefers this guy..

    http://walterfootball.com/scoutingrepor ... erhart.php

    http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=RjLh_yO41jw
    Schiavone's Race Career:

    Starts- 9
    Wins- 1
    2nd- 4
    3rd- 0
    Other- 4

    Prizemoney- $28,050.00


  3. #3

    Re: Anthony Dixon...the Next Great Steeler power back

    Gerhart is a beast...no mistakin' it. He is certainly on my radar. But, what I don't want is a one trick pony. What concerns me about Gerhart is the fact that I don't see him as anything but a goaline/short yardage back at the next level. Dixon has better hands and athleticism. If Mendenhall goes down I believe Dixon can be a more than adequate back up.

    Now, going to my Raven post where I talk about our need for a FB. Gerhart as a pure fullback is very appealing.

  4. #4
    Legend
    Join Date
    May 2008
    Location
    Brisbane, Queensland, Australia, Australia
    Posts
    5,557

    Re: Anthony Dixon...the Next Great Steeler power back

    Actually, looking at that video of Gerhart, get Chadman #48 Owen Marecic while we are at it..
    Schiavone's Race Career:

    Starts- 9
    Wins- 1
    2nd- 4
    3rd- 0
    Other- 4

    Prizemoney- $28,050.00


  5. #5
    Legend
    Join Date
    May 2008
    Location
    Brisbane, Queensland, Australia, Australia
    Posts
    5,557

    Re: Anthony Dixon...the Next Great Steeler power back

    There's no reason Gerhart couldn't be both- short yardage/goal line & the FB.

    On goal line/ short yardage, bring in a TE like Johnson to play FB & line Gerhart up as the HB.

    If you have Mewelde Moore on the books too, you have some versatility with the RB's. Maybe as a FA type RB option the Steelers could grab LeMarkus Coker (who will likely fall off the draft boards due to his past) who is a great change of pace RB to add to the mix. What's that? 4 RB's- Mendenhall gets the bulk, Gerhart is the FB & short yardage RB, Moore is 3rd down & spells Mendenhall on occasion & Coker is a change of pace guy. Add in Johnson to play 3rd TE & short yardage FB & the Steelers are set.
    Schiavone's Race Career:

    Starts- 9
    Wins- 1
    2nd- 4
    3rd- 0
    Other- 4

    Prizemoney- $28,050.00


  6. #6

    Re: Anthony Dixon...the Next Great Steeler power back

    I think you make alot of sense. My only concern would be if Mendehall goes down...and the thoughts of getting a true 1a and 1b...which would be optimal.

  7. #7
    Legend
    Join Date
    May 2008
    Location
    Brisbane, Queensland, Australia, Australia
    Posts
    5,557

    Re: Anthony Dixon...the Next Great Steeler power back

    Quote Originally Posted by Shawn
    I think you make alot of sense. My only concern would be if Mendehall goes down...and the thoughts of getting a true 1a and 1b...which would be optimal.

    If there were 90 roster spots available, teams would still struggle to fill every gap on the playing roster. Injuries affect teams, no matter how much depth you have.

    If the Steelers had the RB roster Chadman put forward, and Mendenhall got hurt, it'd be on the coaches to produce a running game that suits the talents of Gerhart & Mewelde Moore. It won't be perfect, but teams just need to utalise what they have on the roster better.
    Schiavone's Race Career:

    Starts- 9
    Wins- 1
    2nd- 4
    3rd- 0
    Other- 4

    Prizemoney- $28,050.00


  8. #8

    Re: Anthony Dixon...the Next Great Steeler power back

    Quote Originally Posted by Chadman
    Quote Originally Posted by Shawn
    I think you make alot of sense. My only concern would be if Mendehall goes down...and the thoughts of getting a true 1a and 1b...which would be optimal.

    If there were 90 roster spots available, teams would still struggle to fill every gap on the playing roster. Injuries affect teams, no matter how much depth you have.

    If the Steelers had the RB roster Chadman put forward, and Mendenhall got hurt, it'd be on the coaches to produce a running game that suits the talents of Gerhart & Mewelde Moore. It won't be perfect, but teams just need to utalise what they have on the roster better.
    True...but something can be said by teams that don't miss a beat when their 1a goes down. More and more teams are employing a 2 back system...and it would be nice to go with a true 1a and 1 b. But, you wont hear me argue against Gerhart as a FB. The dude is a beast.

  9. #9
    Hall of Famer
    Join Date
    Jul 2008
    Posts
    2,779

    Re: Anthony Dixon...the Next Great Steeler power back

    Give me Ben Tate from Auburn to complement Mendy.

    Ben Tate is a North-South downhill runner and you can't go wrong with Auburn RBz.
    Steelers Draft
    Rd 1: Mike Evans - WR
    Rd 2: Kyle Van Noy - ILB/OLB
    Rd 3c: Philip Gaines - CB
    Rd 4: Taylor Hart - DE
    Rd 5: Justin Ellis - DT
    Rd 5c:Xavier Grimble -TE

  10. #10

    Re: Anthony Dixon...the Next Great Steeler power back

    Quote Originally Posted by grotonsteel
    Give me Ben Tate from Auburn to complement Mendy.

    Ben Tate is a North-South downhill runner and you can't go wrong with Auburn RBz.
    Ben is another guy I like...underrated...should be a great value...runs hard. Little undersized but I wouldn't be surprised to see him sitting in the 5th round.

Bookmarks

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •