Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Anthony Dixon...the Next Great Steeler power back

Hall of Famer

User Info Menu

Re: Anthony Dixon...the Next Great Steeler power back

Eye-Sack Red-Man. If he doesn't get it done, put Frank the Tank at RB to compliment Mendenhall.
    @_Hellgrammite

Legend

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by Mister Pittsburgh
    Eye-Sack Red-Man. If he doesn't get it done, put Frank the Tank at RB to compliment Mendenhall.
    What we know is Frank can't play FB. I have never seen a guy wiff so badly on blocks in my life.
    Trolls are people too.

Legend

User Info Menu

I heard that we signed Redman again. Does anyone know how his blocking skills are? I bet with a man on man line approach and a FB, we get feared by the league.
    Steel City Mafia
    So Cal Boss (Ret)
    [URL]http://www.anewsong.com[/URL]

Starter

User Info Menu

Although I like Gerhardt, I see him being the next Tommy Vardell. Probably will be drafted too high, will be servicable, but his best years are already behind him. I hope he turns into a Alstott type guy, but I don't see it.

Legend

User Info Menu

Speaking of Gerhart, it is tough to be a bad@$$ with a name like Toby.

He needs a nickname. When someone calls him Toby, he should defiantly say "Kunta Kinte" instead.
    Steeler teams featuring stat-driven, me-first, fantasy-football-darling diva types such as Antonio Brown & Le'Veon Bell won no championships.

Super Bowl winning Steeler teams were built around a dynamic, in-your-face defense plus blue-collar, hard-hitting, no-nonsense football players on offense such as Hines Ward & Jerome Bettis.

We don't want Juju & Conner to replace what we lost in Brown & Bell.

We are counting on Juju & Conner to return us to the glory we once had with Hines & The Bus.

Legend

User Info Menu

What is it with wanting to draft offensive players? We have already proven we cannot score enough to make up for our weak defense so why not go defense in the first 4 rounds?

Safety, DT, CB, LB....with rules favoring the WR the only equalizer is a strong and relentless pass rush. We are seeing the result in these playoff games. If the rush gets to the QB you have a better than even chance to win the game.

Legend

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by NorthCoast
    What is it with wanting to draft offensive players? We have already proven we cannot score enough to make up for our weak defense so why not go defense in the first 4 rounds?

Safety, DT, CB, LB....with rules favoring the WR the only equalizer is a strong and relentless pass rush. We are seeing the result in these playoff games. If the rush gets to the QB you have a better than even chance to win the game.
    It won't happen...we will take value and we have holes on O.
    Trolls are people too.