Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Boring....

Legend

Boring....

Can the NFL find a way to slip us into the playoffs next week? These games have been over after the first qtr.

Re: Boring....

I'd just like to see a game in the elements. Though I heard it might be slightly breezy in
    San Diego tonight.

Pro Bowler

Quote Originally Posted by Jigawatts
    I'd just like to see a game in the elements. Though I heard it might be slightly breezy in
    San Diego tonight.
    It seems to me that global warming, field covers, and stadiums with heating elements under the fields have almost eliminated the elements as we once knew them. There might be something I am missing. It almost takes luck for the elements to come into play.

The owners and networks like and want offensive fire works. Besides winning, offensive fire works keeps the greatest number of fans interested in watching.

The last game of the weekend could be another blow out.

Hall of Famer

i never find a drubbing of dallas or baltimore boring.

i'm freakin singing to the commercials i'm so happy

Legend

Quote Originally Posted by BURGH86STEEL
    San Diego tonight.
    It seems to me that global warming, field covers, and stadiums with heating elements under the fields have almost eliminated the elements as we once knew them. There might be something I am missing. It almost takes luck for the elements to come into play.

The owners and networks like and want offensive fire works. Besides winning, offensive fire works keeps the greatest number of fans interested in watching.

I stopped watching/paying attention early on... it's not exciting when one team scores all the points.

Legend

Quote Originally Posted by BURGH86STEEL
    San Diego tonight.

Yes they do want "offensive fire works. Besides winning, offensive fire works keeps the greatest number of fans interested in watching" So why do we have fans still wanting to go back to football 30 years ago. Trade in those cars for buggy whips too.

Perhaps we should do away with everything that take the elements and other manly gear out of games like fire, not living in caves or animal hide huts, Leather helmets and any other modern convenience like the wheel. Those were the days when men were really men. I too long for the days of a good old wooly mammoth hunt of weekends
    Playing Fantasy Football does not qualify you to be the in the front office or on the coaching staff of the Pittsburgh Steelers. They are professionals and you are not!

Quote Originally Posted by NJ-STEELER
    i never find a drubbing of dallas or baltimore boring.

i'm freakin singing to the commercials i'm so happy
    The Ratbirds aren't who they thought they were.
    The Cowboys aren't who the media thought they were.
    It's been a good playoff weekend, considering the absence of the Steelers.
    PLEASE DON'T FEED THE TROLLS

Backup

Quote Originally Posted by Oviedo
    So why do we have fans still wanting to go back to football 30 years ago.
    I've seen this idea suggested by both you and feltdizz in the last two threads I read.

It might be true, but I suspect it is not. Can you cite specific posters and examples where this idea is put forth?

Otherwise, it's just a strawman argument.

I think that more likely, there are folks who, like myself, want the Steelers to be able to run more effectively rather than run (almost) exclusively.

In fact, while I haven't done any intensive research on this board, I have seen NO ONE who has suggested anything other than what I am suggesting...

Legend

Quote Originally Posted by msp26505
    Quote Originally Posted by Oviedo
    So why do we have fans still wanting to go back to football 30 years ago.
    I've seen this idea suggested by both you and feltdizz in the last two threads I read.

It might be true, but I suspect it is not. Can you cite specific posters and examples where this idea is put forth?

Otherwise, it's just a strawman argument.

I think that more likely, there are folks who, like myself, want the Steelers to be able to run more effectively rather than run (almost) exclusively.

In fact, while I haven't done any intensive research on this board, I have seen NO ONE who has suggested anything other than what I am suggesting...
    Groundhog Day?

Hall of Famer

Basically, the last two weeks have been boring... Yea, Ariz/GB was interesting at the end last week, but in general, all the games have sucked IMO....